• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

It is harsh, but the vast majority of the population have only known "free" health care and many companies do not offer it.
Exactly
So the fact my company does means I’m less of a burden on the NHS… but I pay extra towards it in my salary
It’s counter productive
People would call it two tier but if it means the NHS has more capacity it should up that side for those who don’t have the benefit (90%)

In Egypt on holiday
hired a speed boat and guide to go smorkeling but ended up using half the time following some dolphins. Stunning creatures in the wild
The swimming was great although a little cold but the kids enjoyed the sea aquarium

In Egypt on holiday
hired a speed boat and guide to go smorkeling but ended up using half the time following some dolphins. Stunning creatures in the wild
The swimming was great although a little cold but the kids enjoyed the sea aquarium

That surprised me when I went to Eygyt the sea was so cold, should have realised as no one was going in. Took the chance to visit Petra when we went there, bloody horrible journey but fantastic site.

That surprised me when I went to Eygyt the sea was so cold, should have realised as no one was going in. Took the chance to visit Petra when we went there, bloody horrible journey but fantastic site.
Not gonna do that kind of journey with my 7 and 10 year old but I’d live to see Petra

It's genuinely tough this one - more so than anything since Theresa May.

Ignoring election promises as not worth the paper they're printed on, I'd trust the Conservatives to know how to conservative more than I would Labour over the longer term.

The school fee stuff shows them for what they really are, despite their attempts to show themselves as a serious party. If they were to ditch that then I'd be right on the fence.
You'll vote tory

Germany legalizes weed.

The tyranny and the flimflam has gone on for too long! Even just from a slimy corporate perspective, it's probably better for society to be paying money to a taxed regulated seller / shop / smoking club than it is to be funding criminal gangs and whatnot. Or at least to have the choice to do so. For all of capitalisms faults at least via the systems in place you have a bit of power as a consumer and quality control in place. Try giving feedback / asking for a refund on sub par products to your friendly neighborhood dealer in an alley and see how that goes.

There's a new CBD cafe I frequent that sells supplements alongside tinctures / oils to have in their hot drinks etc and the guy reckons we're looking at products with THC being legally sold in the next year or so in the UK but I'm not so sure myself. It would actually be a good decision and I don't think the current lot are capable of making those kind of decisions.

Germany legalizes weed.

The tyranny and the flimflam has gone on for too long! Even just from a slimy corporate perspective, it's probably better for society to be paying money to a taxed regulated seller / shop / smoking club than it is to be funding criminal gangs and whatnot. Or at least to have the choice to do so. For all of capitalisms faults at least via the systems in place you have a bit of power as a consumer and quality control in place. Try giving feedback / asking for a refund on sub par products to your friendly neighborhood dealer in an alley and see how that goes.

There's a new CBD cafe I frequent that sells supplements alongside tinctures / oils to have in their hot drinks etc and the guy reckons we're looking at products with THC being legally sold in the next year or so in the UK but I'm not so sure myself. It would actually be a good decision and I don't think the current lot are capable of making those kind of decisions.
I've never been able to understand why weed's illegal. Hopefully this will be one of those laws that gathers pace around the world - the more evidence there is if if being a smart move, the more countries will join in.

Exactly
So the fact my company does means I’m less of a burden on the NHS… but I pay extra towards it in my salary
It’s counter productive
People would call it two tier but if it means the NHS has more capacity it should up that side for those who don’t have the benefit (90%)

Hope you never get a long term serious illness. I had to go private years ago.

To start with it was good but finding recently you can't out run bad health. I also think I would be against paying for the NHS when I use private health care and have for years.

Hope you never get a long term serious illness. I had to go private years ago.

To start with it was good but finding recently you can't out run bad health. I also think I would be against paying for the NHS when I use private health care and have for years.
The NHS is better than the private treatment I’ve had
My gripe is paying tax on the private healthcare. Your literally saving the tax payer money but get penalised

The NHS is better than the private treatment I’ve had
My gripe is paying tax on the private healthcare. Your literally saving the tax payer money but get penalised
Schooling too.

Every year I send one of my kids to a private school, I save the govt around £8k. They've already taxed me about £15k on the money I then use for those fees, and that other lot will be taxing me another £4k on top in VAT.

It's easily fixed, you just allow school fees and health insurance as salary sacrifice items with a 0% bik rate. You immediately improve education for thousands of kids whilst reducing the pressure on and the cost of state schools.

But you can't give any kind of tax breaks to hard working people, as that fudges with the politics of jealousy everyone seems to rely on.

I've never been able to understand why weed's illegal. Hopefully this will be one of those laws that gathers pace around the world - the more evidence there is if if being a smart move, the more countries will join in.

That's a rather odd feeling to actually agree with you on something, but then you've corrected the balance by your following post in the thread haha.

High earning doesn't necessarily equate to hard earning, it's actually the opposite in many cases, it's only anecdotal I can claim that but it very much seems to be the case. It's only a guess but I don't think you'd last a night in a "lowly" nurse's shoes for a shift.

But yes on the weed front. People are going to smoke it whether it's legal or not so why not make it safe and profitable. Inspire the next generation of gardeners without the bizarre threat of getting locked up for being enterprising and skilled at horticulture. As you say, the more and more go this way the sillier we'll look. It's absolute speculation but I wonder if it looks like the conservatives have almost 0 chance of winning they might throw the idea in to get the stoner vote on board. Apparently Teresa May's husband has one of the largest factories for production/ growth of the CBD stuff but are ready to start with the proper stuff as and when is legally allowed. I would fuc king love it if we could get THC vapes sorted out.

Spoke to someone about it who said "Well what about people who get addicted?", with that line of thought should be also criminalize gambling, alcohol, tobacco, junk food, phones / devices of any kind, social media, masturbation etc etc

That's a rather odd feeling to actually agree with you on something, but then you've corrected the balance by your following post in the thread haha.

High earning doesn't necessarily equate to hard earning, it's actually the opposite in many cases, it's only anecdotal I can claim that but it very much seems to be the case. It's only a guess but I don't think you'd last a night in a "lowly" nurse's shoes for a shift.

But yes on the weed front. People are going to smoke it whether it's legal or not so why not make it safe and profitable. Inspire the next generation of gardeners without the bizarre threat of getting locked up for being enterprising and skilled at horticulture. As you say, the more and more go this way the sillier we'll look. It's absolute speculation but I wonder if it looks like the conservatives have almost 0 chance of winning they might throw the idea in to get the stoner vote on board. Apparently Teresa May's husband has one of the largest factories for production/ growth of the CBD stuff but are ready to start with the proper stuff as and when is legally allowed. I would fuc king love it if we could get THC vapes sorted out.

Spoke to someone about it who said "Well what about people who get addicted?", with that line of thought should be also criminalize gambling, alcohol, tobacco, junk food, phones / devices of any kind, social media, masturbation etc etc
I’m in the camp of legalise and control it
But… I know from my wife’s work the issues it leads to around paranoia and psychosis and other mental health problems which aren’t widely discussed
She sees a lot of horrendous cases in her team and the lead factor initially, but regularly is the use of “weed”
It’s quite grim and some of these people are in horrible states and need a lot of help

Back