• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So true if you own a dog

They are and it does. Thanks buddy. We're absolutely shell shocked, it came from nowhere, just developed an immune disease and went in a couple of weeks. This is him 1.5 months ago:
Boris1_zps261b972b.jpg

He looks like a lovely dog, such a shame :(

I've got two miniature dachshunds and unfortunately we have to leave them home alone all day. They pay us back by tinkling all over the floor while we are out.

I set up a webcam a few months ago to see what they get up to and they mainly sleep on the stairs or chase each other around. Then once we get home they mainly sleep on the sofa or chase each other around so I don't think they care much. If you are going to leave a dog at home all day then I suggest a long walk before you go to work and another when you get home, that should keep them happy enough.

Last edited:
I take it you've all seen the Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama? Saddest thing I've ever seen on TV. Watch it with Harper next to me, always tear up.

They are and it does. Thanks buddy. We're absolutely shell shocked, it came from nowhere, just developed an immune disease and went in a couple of weeks. This is him 1.5 months ago:
Boris1_zps261b972b.jpg

Wow, he's a fine dog, allright. Sad for your loss. :(

Very good and very true comic! Really hit the nail on its head. :) We got this little guy back in June;

20gz4vl.jpg

He's much bigger now, and less of a hassle. Such a rascal! :D

Thanks for the kind words lads, getting used to an empty house now. Galeforce and Dais, they are great looking dogs. I love the rascally puppy spirit, they can't help but make you smile pretty much all the time!

Thanks for that it made me smile, good timing. I had to put my dog to sleep two days ago, he was only four. I'm devastated.
Very sorry to hear that mate. I had to have mine put to sleep this year too, at 14 though so she'd had a good run. I'd been dreading it for the last couple of years as she slowed down, but when the time came it was obvious to me it was time, and was the kind/strong thing to do. Could have been weak and let her struggle on. Still miss her terribly though. There's a poem called "If It Should Be..." that is appropriate for these moments - very sentimental but helps.

Back