• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So just what IS it with us and United?

i remember when we used to go into Chelsea/Arsenal/Pool games expecting the same, to lose. No matter how hard we would try it was a hurdle we could not overcome. United are that last hurdle as we can beat the others and have shown we can, albeit a slip up against Arsenal, and we are yet to slay the hoodoo of stamford bridge

Last edited:
We're cursed.

First job once the season is finished is dig up the pitch, there has to be a Man U shirt buried under there somewhere.

West Ham had an excellent record against Man U under Harry so it's not him.

remember when arry won the cup with portsmouth they won 1-0 at old trafford in a game in which they got absolutely battered.

david james had the game of his life and united had stone wall pen not given after about 10 minutes. on another day they'd lost 4-0.

when will we ever get that lucky ?

remember when arry won the cup with portsmouth they won 1-0 at old trafford in a game in which they got absolutely battered.

david james had the game of his life and united had stone wall pen not given after about 10 minutes. on another day they'd lost 4-0.

when will we ever get that lucky ?
I seem to remember the 1 in that game was from Milan Baros kneeing Kuszcak in the head and getting a penalty, Rio went in goal for it and Pompey scored.

We may as well not play the game each season, give them 6 points and let our players have a rest

There's something in this.

I would find it quite amusing if we came out and just played the kids against them

Perhaps the refs might take notice, when our explanation is a simple "well we get fudged over with a MAJOR refereeing decision EVERY time, so why bother"

It the FERGIE CURSE...he is a curse since we lost him to manU in '86...I know we beat them many times while he was there but the curse just started to pick up this past decade :p

:rolleyes:

If we had got Fergie in '86 we would have sacked him by '88. He woukld never have made it to 1990 like he did at Utd

There's something in this.

I would find it quite amusing if we came out and just played the kids against them

Perhaps the refs might take notice, when our explanation is a simple "well we get fudged over with a MAJOR refereeing decision EVERY time, so why bother"

I really don't get why none of our managers have highlighted this in the press. You would have thought that ONE of our many managers that couldn't beat them would have played the old mind games card before we play them. Why no mention of the many, many decisions that have gone in THEIR favour and that it would be nice if the refs could return the favour once in a while?

I think yesterday we just needed that killer touch. i.e. DEFOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah we may have still conceded but I think we would have scored before they scored.

I really don't get why none of our managers have highlighted this in the press. You would have thought that ONE of our many managers that couldn't beat them would have played the old mind games card before we play them. Why no mention of the many, many decisions that have gone in THEIR favour and that it would be nice if the refs could return the favour once in a while?

Harry is one of Fergie's cabal of chums. so whilst he is manager this is NEVER gping happen.

We need an arrogant manager who doesn't care who Utd are or about the past, someone who demands we go out & beat them....................................Mourinho, he is a man who knows how to do it.

this.

We took Gazza from under Fergie's nose. He retaliated by beating the living crap out of us for the next twenty-odd years.

Overreacting much, Sir Alex?

I think it's us fans that are stopping us from beating them. As I was watching the game, when we were dominating the game but unnable to score, you could sense that the crowd knew what was going to happen. We jump on any little decision that doesn't go our way and have that excuse queued up before the game is even finished. I'm sure the players know how long it's been since we beat them and I'm sure they can sense the tension and the air of innevitability that we have at the game and it must affect them.

I think it's us fans that are stopping us from beating them. As I was watching the game, when we were dominating the game but unnable to score, you could sense that the crowd knew what was going to happen. We jump on any little decision that doesn't go our way and have that excuse queued up before the game is even finished. I'm sure the players know how long it's been since we beat them and I'm sure they can sense the tension and the air of innevitability that we have at the game and it must affect them.

Its funny because up untilt he 40th minute I though tthe ref was fair etc. But he suddenly switched, I felt he switched (Although he didnt actually give anything much against us and thought he was ok) but it was as if the ref got the call that Fergie has delivered the brown envelope and the cash is in there - go ahead ref do what you gotta do.

I would like to see a different attitude from the manager in the run up to the Utd game. A war of words with Fergie, mind games about the reffing, a bit of unsettling their players, some nastiness/ a bit of steel during the game (at the second half kick off Rooney is having a laugh with Bad Ade -that's all very well for Rooney he has just put them 1-0 up).

And then if we do lose, I want see Harry right royally tinkled off and fuming - not taking it on the chin, and being complementary to the other side.

Love him or loathe him Fergie knows exactly how to press the buttons of every manager -just like he knows how to man manage his players. I hate seeing his smug patronising mug after they have won. He is not so nice when they lose though, is he.

I would like to see a different attitude from the manager in the run up to the Utd game. A war of words with Fergie, mind games about the reffing, a bit of unsettling their players, some nastiness/ a bit of steel during the game (at the second half kick off Rooney is having a laugh with Bad Ade -that's all very well for Rooney he has just put them 1-0 up).

And then if we do lose, I want see Harry right royally tinkled off and fuming - not taking it on the chin, and being complementary to the other side.

Love him or loathe him Fergie knows exactly how to press the buttons of every manager -just like he knows how to man manage his players. I hate seeing his smug patronising mug after they have won. He is not so nice when they lose though, is he.

Agree 100%

Mate, I wasn't laughing at you.

Genuinely enjoy your posts and ever-growing conspiracy fear of a global masterplan to eradicate Spurs from the worlds map and build a housing estate on top of WHL

I know, it was more a 'general' ranting swipe fuelled by years of injustice and one too many lunchtime-vino's yesterday!!!

What annoys me is even teams like Burnley, West Ham, Middlesbrough and Wolves have managed to beat United, but we haven't!

A number of factors are involved:

1. The recent history against them. Don't tell me the players don't think about it or not all of the players have been at the club during the 11 year curse so it doesn't matter. Look at how mad our players went when we beat Arsenal in 2010, they know what it means to the club and the fans when we beat them.

2. Poor defending. Too many examples to name but the first goal yesterday was a prime example.

3. Poor refeering/cheating. Come on, we all know United get most of the decisions in games, especially at Old Trafford. The big teams/players in every sport get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to officiating. Can anyone name 1 time where truly dodgy decision has gone in our favour against them? You simply cannot dismiss the number of bad decisions we always get against them, it's beyond a joke now!

4. Mentality. United never know when they are beaten. They've come from behind so many times over the years against every team that it must be routine for them. No deficit is too big to come back from. Also they rarely lose when taking the lead. I might be wrong, but I don't think they have ever lost a premier league game after being 2-0 up.

5. They are our bogey team. Every club has one. We used to be City and Everton's bogey team.

Watching the game yesterday was like every other Spurs-United game over the past 11 years as we switched off from set pieces like we always do against them.

Just out of interest, is this our longest stretch without beating a team in the same league as us?

Whist I don't think for one minute Man Utd would underestimate the likes of Burnley or Middlesbrough, there has to be an element of surpris when these types of teams can beat them - Blackburn did it at OT ffs...

Maybe there IS a hidden compliment in there somewhere that Sir Alex/Man Utd actually DO see us as capable of beating them, so have to be on top of their game, or at least take their chances clinically when things AREN'T going their way (as Sunday proved ye again!)

Then again, had Mark Clattenburg or Howard Webb never been born, we'd be arguably at least 10 points & an extra CL appearance better off over the years by now...

Back