• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

So it's not at an atrocity level as other things mentioned in this thread but not quite worth starting it's own thread but what's with people lobbing stuff at artists at live gigs recently?

There's an article on the bbc entitled "why have people been throwing things at musicians on stage" and the easy answer is surely just that people are clams. The article seems to suggest that people have forgotten how to behave during covid lockdown but that is a bit of a weak excuse...

The Bebe Rexha (I don't know who that is either) phone incident was horrendous, with the bloke stating he thought it would be funny....Harry Styles getting hit in the eye with a sweet, ashes being thrown on stage

And now someone threw some water/ a drink at Cardi B who then launched her microphone in to the crowd (whilst the vocals continued playing lol), seems a bit harsh you could lose some teeth because someone nearby you threw a drink at the stage. I get that she was provoked and it was an instinctive reaction but not ideal behavior in returning fire from the lip syncing extraordinare imo.

So it's not at an atrocity level as other things mentioned in this thread but not quite worth starting it's own thread but what's with people lobbing stuff at artists at live gigs recently?

There's an article on the bbc entitled "why have people been throwing things at musicians on stage" and the easy answer is surely just that people are clams. The article seems to suggest that people have forgotten how to behave during covid lockdown but that is a bit of a weak excuse...

The Bebe Rexha (I don't know who that is either) phone incident was horrendous, with the bloke stating he thought it would be funny....Harry Styles getting hit in the eye with a sweet, ashes being thrown on stage

And now someone threw some water/ a drink at Cardi B who then launched her microphone in to the crowd (whilst the vocals continued playing lol), seems a bit harsh you could lose some teeth because someone nearby you threw a drink at the stage. I get that she was provoked and it was an instinctive reaction but not ideal behavior in returning fire from the lip syncing extraordinare imo.

The song continuing to play in the background is the best part of this lol

It’s not a recent thing, I remember Oasis walking off stage in the 90’s because people were throwing bottles and shoes.
I remember Ian Brown being over an hour late for a gig. Crowd spent the time trying to hit the gong he had on stage with pint glasses.

He was so brick when he came on that the game continued until one hit him plumb on the nose

I did the monitor mixing at a festival, and one dude kept complaining about his monitor, so I grabbed another one to replace it. I sat on the edge of the stage, and was going plug in the new monitor, when the dude kicked me and I fell backwards off the stage! It was 2 meters down, but fortunately I only suffered minor injuries.
The organiser saw the entire episode, and promptly went on stage and told the band to fudge right off and never come back :D

He was awful.

I have heard him sing reasonably well - when they toured the Second Coming.

I love the bloke musically and thought he made a good fist of the fashion line, but live music ain't for him, seen him a few times through sheer loyalty and its down there with Van Morrison and Bob Dylan for live

I saw The Stone Roses as they were just on the way up at The Riverside in Saudi Sportswashing Machine and he actually sang okay, with the odd (very) bum note. Saw him solo quite a few years later and it was truly awful.

As for Van, saw him do an amazing gig at Saudi Sportswashing Machine City Hall in the early 90s - and then saw one so brick - about a year later in Belfast - that I haven’t gone near him live again.

I saw The Stone Roses as they were just on the way up at The Riverside in Saudi Sportswashing Machine and he actually sang okay, with the odd (very) bum note. Saw him solo quite a few years later and it was truly awful.

As for Van, saw him do an amazing gig at Saudi Sportswashing Machine City Hall in the early 90s - and then saw one so brick - about a year later in Belfast - that I haven’t gone near him live again.

Same here, i have seen him a couple of times and when he is on it he is brilliant but other times he looks like he does not give a brick. Got a few of his albums and they are top drawer.

I remember being at a Big Audio Dynamite concert (Milton Keynes I think) and they walked off because someone threw a chicken leg at them.

It was the best part of their set !!
I was at an Ozzy gig way back, and there was this weird thing that I only saw at metal gigs where people gobbed on the back of their fingers and then disgustingly flicked it at the stage. Absolutely clamish behavior. So the front few rows of the crowd were doing this occasionally and when Jake Lee ( I think) was doing his guitar solo they went into overdrive (so did he ;)). The spotlight was on him and he was getting pelted with spit. So halfway through the solo Ozzy came running out with a bucket of roadie tinkle and threw it all over the scumbags that were doing it. And that stopped that.

edit: at this same gig I saw a guy with his throat cut, a fella jumped off the balcony and bounced off the ground, and I went deaf for a few days.

Last edited:
I remember Ian Brown being over an hour late for a gig. Crowd spent the time trying to hit the gong he had on stage with pint glasses.

He was so brick when he came on that the game continued until one hit him plumb on the nose
That wasn’t in Cambridge was it ?
I’m went to see him with some mates but England were playing SA in the rugby WC
We were late to the gig but walked in easy enough to NO music
Appears Ian walked in and walked off
Power issues
He came out on stage and left again
This went on for an hour
He did about an hours worth of songs and finished
The girls we were with got us backstage somehow and I met Andy Rourke who was playing bass for him. And old school mate of mine Hunterz who doing Indian drums and then Ian Brown who was actually sound
Then me and my mate got thrown out as we weren’t “birds”

n564222657_389340_2465.jpeg

just googled it and it was 20th October 2007

Last edited:
I was an Ozzy gig way back, and there was this weird thing that I only saw at metal gigs where people gobbed on the back of their fingers and then disgustingly flicked it at the stage. Absolutely clamish behavior. So the front few rows of the crowd were doing this occasionally and when Jake Lee ( I think) was doing his guitar solo they went into overdrive (so did he ;)). The spotlight was on him and he was getting pelted with spit. So halfway through the solo Ozzy came running out with a bucket of roadie tinkle and threw it all over the scumbags that were doing it. And that stopped that.

edit: at this same gig I saw a guy with his throat cut, a fella jumped off the balcony and bounce off the ground, and I went deaf for a few days.
WTAF

where was that?

That wasn’t in Cambridge was it ?
I’m went to see him with some mates but England were playing SA in the rugby WC
We were late to the gig but walked in easy enough to NO music
Appears Ian walked in and walked off
Power issues
He came out on stage and left again
This went on for an hour
He did about an hours worth of songs and finished
The girls we were with got us backstage somehow and I met Andy Rourke who was playing bass for him. And old school mate of mine Hunterz who doing Indian drums and then Ian Brown who was actually sound
Then me and my mate got thrown out as we weren’t “birds”

View attachment 15786

just googled it and it was 20th October 2007
No, but I suspect it was that tour given the dates. This wasn't a power issue, it was just him being a prick. Normally I wouldn'tind, but the venue had a 10.30 curfew on a Sunday and he came on around 10pm.

Back