• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

The debate on here demonstrates the complexity of the situation, I'm sure all feel sympathy for the millions living in this terror and can see the historic origins of problems. I'm sick of the way it's always "the people" (Jews/Arabs/Muslims/etc) who get labelled in these circumstances when it's small groups of powerful "leaders" who create the horror. We all want to live in peace with each other.

Death to extremists. Put all of the right-wing nutters from both side on an island let them wipe each other out. See its not so complex!

They have - have you not been reading the news?
I draw your attention back to the Myska interview with Israeli government spokesperson Aylon Levy.

Again, I don't fully condemn Israel for it's actions - the point at which decision making is affected by the close emotional involvement means making a judgement from "here" rather than "there" to be nothing more than western privilege.
However, that doesn't mean the actions are not war crimes - and that is where the actions are to be condemned, if Israel is simultaneously claiming it is acting inline with international law. It isn't.
(Maybe it isn't reasonable to expect it to do so. The Geneva convention wasn't written for these situations. The notion that it's possible to take a moral high ground in war is a curious one - human history suggests it's not in our nature.)

I draw your attention back to the Myska interview with Israeli government spokesperson Aylon Levy.

Again, I don't fully condemn Israel for it's actions - the point at which decision making is affected by the close emotional involvement means making a judgement from "here" rather than "there" to be nothing more than western privilege.
However, that doesn't mean the actions are not war crimes - and that is where the actions are to be condemned, if Israel is simultaneously claiming it is acting inline with international law. It isn't.
(Maybe it isn't reasonable to expect it to do so. The Geneva convention wasn't written for these situations. The notion that it's possible to take a moral high ground in war is a curious one - human history suggests it's not in our nature.)

"You don't count the dead when G O D's on your side"

Unconfirmed reports of hundreds of civilians killed in a hospital strike :( - It's gonna get worse before it gets any better..

(All because 2-3 of those sheltering maybe belonged to Hamas..... :rolleyes:)

You're right that the current rules don't seem to be fit for the modern world. Any terrorists hiding behind civilians are essentially untouchable if you take the rules at face value.

Israel, given the situation they face, appear to be trying to do what they can to minimise civilian casualties. It's an almost impossible task when Hamas insist on using human shields. To them criticise them for evacuating the areas of engagement, when the aim is to further protect civilians, is just ridiculous.

Unconfirmed reports of hundreds of civilians killed in a hospital strike :( - It's gonna get worse before it gets any better..

(All because 2-3 of those sheltering maybe belonged to Hamas..... :rolleyes:)
So it's a legitimate military target then. The entirety of the blame for those deaths lies with Hamas.

The Israel Defense Forces have posted on X, formerly Twitter, that they believe the strike against the Al Ahli hospital was from a rocket barrage fired by Palestinian militants.

The IDF post in full is:

Quote Message: An analysis of IDF operational systems indicates that a barrage of rockets was fired by terrorists in Gaza, passing in close proximity to the Al Ahli hospital in Gaza at the time it was hit. Intelligence from multiple sources we have in our hands indicates that Islamic Jihad is responsible for the failed rocket launch which hit the hospital in Gaza."
An analysis of IDF operational systems indicates that a barrage of rockets was fired by terrorists in Gaza, passing in close proximity to the Al Ahli hospital in Gaza at the time it was hit. Intelligence from multiple sources we have in our hands indicates that Islamic Jihad is responsible for the failed rocket launch which hit the hospital in Gaza."

From the bbc

The Israel Defense Forces have posted on X, formerly Twitter, that they believe the strike against the Al Ahli hospital was from a rocket barrage fired by Palestinian militants.

The IDF post in full is:

Quote Message: An analysis of IDF operational systems indicates that a barrage of rockets was fired by terrorists in Gaza, passing in close proximity to the Al Ahli hospital in Gaza at the time it was hit. Intelligence from multiple sources we have in our hands indicates that Islamic Jihad is responsible for the failed rocket launch which hit the hospital in Gaza."
An analysis of IDF operational systems indicates that a barrage of rockets was fired by terrorists in Gaza, passing in close proximity to the Al Ahli hospital in Gaza at the time it was hit. Intelligence from multiple sources we have in our hands indicates that Islamic Jihad is responsible for the failed rocket launch which hit the hospital in Gaza."

From the bbc

If, and its a huge if, the above is true, then I hope the whole world comes together against hamas

Back