• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

30 years ago it was worse, but did not get reported or put on social media, so you were unaware.

Live is FAR from perfect, but it is NOT getting worse
Evens out as social media is full of so many lies.

I don't think the world is anywhere near as dangerous out in the real world as made out on social media, I manage to live an active life in London, South, Central and East, spend lots of time in Essex so I'm either lucky or blind but literally never see anything untoward (not saying it doesn't happen) but it can't be as rife as made out.

I think there is alot of religion bias involved in it "ohhhh more Muslims here so it must be worse" whilst ignoring 40/50/60 years ago you couldnt send your kids to a Catholic shool or church without there being a real live chance of systematic child abuse.

We don't live in utopia but the political posturing to make life seem.worse than it is....na not for me, get out there and live it, it's fine

fudging hell.....
Fuuuck I wish I hadn't read that.

I was expecting it to be some sort of gangland message sending, but it appears to be two poor random souls in the wrong place at the wrong time? Unless I missed something.

Can't even begin to imagine their suffering, let alone their families. Can only hope they weren't alive for the entire ordeal...

Last edited:
Fuuuck I wish I hadn't read that.

I was expecting it to be some sort of gangland message sending, but it appears to be two poor random souls in the wrong place at the wrong time? Unless I missed something.

Can't even begin to imagine their suffering, let alone their families. Can only hope they weren't alive for the entire ordeal...
The judge mentioned a lot of the butchering happened after death.
Absolute nutters.
I wonder if the victims had done something to attract this sort of attention, I presume they may but have no clue.

The judge mentioned a lot of the butchering happened after death.
Absolute nutters.
I wonder if the victims had done something to attract this sort of attention, I presume they may but have no clue.

Not that it changes anything but I'm also curious as to whether the letters carved in to the victims had any meaning.

Without it seeming like wanting to find an excuse, I bet it's pretty likely that anyone capable of doing that to another person has probably been abused themselves at some point, most likely when they were a child. In this case that's pure conjecture on my part but you'd think there's got to be something to push someone to that level of evil...

It does mention that the perpetrator(s) has asked for help numerous times, maybe there was genuine help offered that they chose not to engage with but services are so stretched I'm not 100% sure. If they had harboured a want to commit such cruelty I don't think a Samaritans pamphlet or at best some mildly numbing meds would have really scratched the service.

Nope, don't think is. In fact most statistics suggest overall crime rates are down from 40 years ago.

Funny because Steven Pinker gets routinely criticised for being too positive when he cites statistics that prove that crime, income equality, extreme poverty and accidents in the workplace (just to name a few) are down. Yes there are still lots of problems we need to fix and truthfully I don’t think racism or crime in general will ever truly go away but we are going in the right direction so it does irritate me when people on both sides say things have “never been worse” when it comes to crime or racism.

Both parents of a school shooter convicted for involuntary manslaughter for ignoring their son's mental health problems and providing access to a gun.
Wow, I live near Oxford and could not believe such a thing had happened in the UK!

Funny because Steven Pinker gets routinely criticised for being too positive when he cites statistics that prove that crime, income equality, extreme poverty and accidents in the workplace (just to name a few) are down. Yes there are still lots of problems we need to fix and truthfully I don’t think racism or crime in general will ever truly go away but we are going in the right direction so it does irritate me when people on both sides say things have “never been worse” when it comes to crime or racism.

It's only better or worse when it suits the narrative that is being pushed.
The same people/politicians/parties telling us that the world is going to pot one week are same one that will glibly tell you that you have never had it so good the week after.

It's only better or worse when it suits the narrative that is being pushed.
The same people/politicians/parties telling us that the world is going to pot one week are same one that will glibly tell you that you have never had it so good the week after.
I guess more releasing of properly collected statistics would help solve the debate.

Apparently a lot of issues that involve immigration does not have recordable stats. So crime and housing are issues often used to criticise immigrants. But the is no breakdown of crime through nationalities or how long they have been in the country.

Nor is the a figure for how many new arrivals get social housing help ahead of people who have been on the waiting list for years.

I don't understand why the government don't bring it all out into the open so we can have a debate about the pros and the cons.

I guess more releasing of properly collected statistics would help solve the debate.

Apparently a lot of issues that involve immigration does not have recordable stats. So crime and housing are issues often used to criticise immigrants. But the is no breakdown of crime through nationalities or how long they have been in the country.

Nor is the a figure for how many new arrivals get social housing help ahead of people who have been on the waiting list for years.

I don't understand why the government don't bring it all out into the open so we can have a debate about the pros and the cons.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.
They don't want clear and concise information out there, you can't control a narrative with clear concise information.

Not sure it would solve the debate. Political agenda seems to come first for most people, even above facts.

Back