• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Server move

Most of the ads are NSFW and certainly NSF my kids or wife to see over my shoulder on my phone.

I'm occasionally getting the same one Marky posted the page before. I was doing a bit of scrolling in a cafe and half the time it's some weird looking raunchy adverts, it looks and feels dodgy. I currently have long Eaton sofas on my top bar, I've never bought a sofa, I'm not so sure if it's based on cookies / search history etc

The gaming store I go to has a discord server where you essentially have different threads and you can post / reaction to other posts. It actually looks clean and navigable without adverts seemingly aimed at Russian oligarchs. Is this how it is from now on Scara because it's awful. Some may indeed be glad to hear that it's close to putting me off frequenting the site, I just don't understand how the advertising companies make any money from it.

On my pc it's fine as i use adblocker but on my phone its unbearable and looks like one of them dodgy article websites you click on due to clickbait titles and then you are greeted with hundreds of adverts.

Seriously, what is going on with this site? I have to log back in every time I leave and every page is riddled with ads…

I’m sure you’re on it, Scara. Cheers in advance for sorting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrh
Seriously, what is going on with this site? I have to log back in every time I leave and I every page is riddled with ads…

I’m sure you’re on it, Scara. Cheers in advance for sorting it.
Figuring out how to stop these annoying interruptions getting in the way of his adverts.

I’m getting lots of adverts for women’s clothing bra’s, bikinis and flip flops and the like. Shein and Temu.

And even if you interact and say this ad is inappropriate or you’re not interested, the same ads are returned, seemingly in greater numbers.

So thanks to Google I know actively hate these brands. A strange way to do things.

I’m getting lots of adverts for women’s clothing bra’s, bikinis and flip flops and the like. Shein and Temu. Also Belfast self storage and trips out to Loch Lomond and Celtic Park. 8 large adverts on one page.

And even if you interact and say this ad is inappropriate or you’re not interested, the same ads are returned, seemingly in greater numbers.

So thanks to Google I now actively hate these brands. A strange way to do things.

Last edited:
So had to buy an ad blocker which I have managed without in the past - but it is a great relief to shake them off.
Also would echo calls for a subscription/contribution model as this will kill the revenue to keep the site going.

Back