• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Server move

An early morning plea from @nelto - curiously this doesn't get recognised as a user during typing - e2a, recognised on saving.

Could someone do me a favour please and post in the Server thread?

I went onto my profile and changed my email address in anticipation of the upcoming upgrade. The site said that I would receive a confirmation email. Despite trying three different email addresses nothing has come through. I can still log on to the forum and read posts, but can't post. I sent a message via the site's contact page, but haven't received a response.

Cheers.​

I've changed the user state from 'awaiting email confirmation ' to 'valid'. That might do the trick.

Anything beyond that is @scaramanga stuff.

First post updated. Don't change your address in case your provider isn't receiving email from our server. Just let me know you want to change and I'll sort it.

First post updated. Don't change your address in case your provider isn't receiving email from our server. Just let me know you want to change and I'll sort it.
And now updated again. Email should be ok now so anyone who wants to change their address can do.

Assume that if I can still see all of this, and can post, I don’t have to do anything…?

Yours,
The resident GG technophobe.
Click on your username in the top right and select contact details. If the email address is correct, then do nothing.

When we move to the new server, you may get logged out. If your password doesn't work then you will need to send yourself a reset.

Hi @scaramanga had the same issue as @nelto and had to create this new account to message you. I haven't received an email to confirm for my account harr1984 so could you do the honours and unlock it please?:)

Right then you so and so's, I'm back. Been locked out for 6 months or more since my last PC died...alas GG's email was not working to email me a password update.
But on a positive note..........ain't it great to have a good vibe around the club again?
Don’t drag us down old bean

Does this mean I can have my 130,000,000 posts between 2001 and 2009 back? And my admin status?

Bet you lot don't remember when I roamed the corridors.....
I assumed you'd given it up, but you're more than welcome if you're volunteering.

Back