• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Since the Premier League became a 38 game season - no team has won the league losing more than six games. Arsenal have already lost seven and City have lost eight. Arsenal are now on a run of 26 points from 17 games (mid-table form over almost half a season!) and just 9 points from the last 8.

Taking a closer look at City, they haven't won back to back league games since October 17th. Given that they're currently on a run of three successive league defeats, they won't be able to until at least mid-March which means they'll have gone at least FIVE MONTHS without winning back to back league games. What's also interesting is that their record against the top 8 now reads:

P11 W0 D3 L8 F8 A24

Neither of these two teams look worthy of being declared champions to me.

nah, winning the European Trophy is the whole point, thats the end game, thats what we need the money for

well, to be specific, when football ends, the point is to be the organisation which won it the most times, and you don't need to win the PL to win the CL, don't get me wrong, it would be lovely, but its the cherry not the cake

I get what your saying and to an extent agree with it, but what's this "When football ends" thing you keep going on about? It will likely never end. Knowing our luck just as we've overtaken Real Madrid and won an 11th Champions League aliens will descend down onto earth and start a brand new 'intergalactic league' for the media to w**k over.

I wonder how many of the posters who say that every game is important, dislike rotation and do not want us to prioritise competitions, would with the benefit of hindsight, swap that FA Cup victory over Leicester for a league win.
I was thinking just that several times over the past few weeks. Would have gladly swapped wins. Still can't believe we lost that game.

I get what your saying and to an extent agree with it, but what's this "When football ends" thing you keep going on about? It will likely never end. Knowing our luck just as we've overtaken Real Madrid and won an 11th Champions League aliens will descend down onto earth and start a brand new 'intergalactic league' for the media to w**k over.

of course it will end, the sun is going to shut down, implode and suck earth into a black hole crushing everything

it's important to me that on that day, whatever we have become, is the most impressive and successful of its kind

I was thinking just that several times over the past few weeks. Would have gladly swapped wins. Still can't believe we lost that game.

Staying at 0-0 would have done me. That Huth goal is now the difference between us. Would love us to win tomorrow just to be top for a few hours, then see how they cope with batting second for once.

whats the facility fee?

Its £875,000 each time your match is live on Sky or BT.
Its a way of giving extra money to United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and City regardless of how brick they've been all season.
So Liverpool in 9th get just £1m less than Leicester in 1st.

I'm temporarily at the point where I don't mind missing the title as long as we are top 4 and above the goons. Let's not kid ourselves; the top 4 is still very open and we have some huge games.

Since the Premier League became a 38 game season - no team has won the league losing more than six games. Arsenal have already lost seven and City have lost eight. Arsenal are now on a run of 26 points from 17 games (mid-table form over almost half a season!) and just 9 points from the last 8.

Taking a closer look at City, they haven't won back to back league games since October 17th. Given that they're currently on a run of three successive league defeats, they won't be able to until at least mid-March which means they'll have gone at least FIVE MONTHS without winning back to back league games. What's also interesting is that their record against the top 8 now reads:

P11 W0 D3 L8 F8 A24

Statistically i LOVE this post,because if Arsenal do not win the title AND Emirates Marketing Project do not either, the pressure on Wenger may be almost unbearable....However, statistically Leicester should win it as they were top at a point whereby inthe l;ast 12 years whoever as been has gone on to win it (early Feb i think).

However,this whole seasonis one where anything has happened, so who knows...

P11 W0 D3 L8 F8 A24

Sorry but that means nothing. Those stats are out of date, they are from almost another era the shift this season has been so extreme.
Has team that was bottom one January been top the next? No, well it's just happened, that's how meaningless those stats are.
The only bit of that post that I agree with is that neither are worthy.

Given our last few games, 6 points from the next two games you feel is a must. Need to rest some players for Dortmund

That's Arsenal out of it. We could really do with a Leicester loss today.

they'll drop away, I've had my rant in the match thread but I've just had a look at the table and our remaining fixtures

we are still right in this

we probably saw the champions at the lane today

Moments. Toby's strike at wet spam,and Kane couldn't turn in the rebound. Toby strikes again today and scores, so does Arry. But WTF with their two goals ?? UUrrgghh.

Let's see what Watford can do v Leicester.

We better start winning again, otherwise the manchesters will be on our backs. Manyoo have momentum at the mo.

We need to get ours back, Dortmund is a huge game, we need to play well otherwise it could knock our EPL momentum.

We have to play man u. Chelsea and Liverpool who have all turned the corner. I am still looking at staying in the top 4, I think Leicester just having the league to focus on could get them all the way to the finish line and if we can not do it, then frankly I would be delighted for them to do it.

I was too optimistic before Wham and Goons. 1 point out of 6 is a brick return, especially today. FFS.

But I suppose we can get 6 points from Villa away and Bournemouth at home. It's tough after that though.

Right now, it doesn't seem we have big enough b0llocks to win it. Winning today would have made such a difference.

Back