• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Anyone can get lucky in a cup run. Tim Sherwood got to the FA Cup final. Look at our league form under Ramos, it was laughable.

Anyone can get lucky in cup runs but I don't think Sherwood or Ramos are good examples.

Sherwood was more lucky in the timing that he got the job and only managed Villa through the quarters and semi's both of which were against crap sides who I can't remember.

Ramos managed us against City, where we played well but this was pre-Mansour, and then against Arsenal and Chelsea where we also played well but I think we had a pretty decent side back then and wouldn't give Ramos nor luck credit for that.

Our league form under Ramos was certainly laughable. I was excited when we appointed him and believed we had promise when we won the cup but after that come my worst memories of supporting Spurs. I broke my remote control during the 4-1 against Birmingham and my TV didn't have buttons!

Anyone can get lucky in cup runs but I don't think Sherwood or Ramos are good examples.

Sherwood was more lucky in the timing that he got the job and only managed Villa through the quarters and semi's both of which were against crap sides who I can't remember.

Ramos managed us against City, where we played well but this was pre-Mansour, and then against Arsenal and Chelsea where we also played well but I think we had a pretty decent side back then and wouldn't give Ramos nor luck credit for that.

Our league form under Ramos was certainly laughable. I was excited when we appointed him and believed we had promise when we won the cup but after that come my worst memories of supporting Spurs. I broke my remote control during the 4-1 against Birmingham and my TV didn't have buttons!

Yeah, I wasn't necessarily saying that Ramos was lucky, just that the league is the most accurate indicator of how good teams and managers are and Ramos utterly flopped in Premier League football.

I think it's quite possible we could finish above Emirates Marketing Project. They have a deeper and better squad than us, but they are underachieving massively and are there for the taking. 3rd would be fantastic as we wouldn't have to sweat on the unthinkable happening of finishing 4th and English teams winning the CL and EL.

I disagree massively about City's squad

There so relaxing on the few world class players they have that when their not their the mediocrity can't shine

Seriously take aguero out and they don't get goals

Take Kompany out and they concede every game

Their over realising on individuals and have no TEAM and their squad although expensive lacks quality

When your central midfield consists of Fernadindho (who is good) and brick like deplh and Fernando (who both cost a lot of money) but are technically awful you have to wonder

De Bruyne has been an OK success but for £56m he should be.

Navas is all pace no substance but again he cost a lot so must be good

They got beat fair and square by Leicster as they have no spine and limited real quality. They also lack leadership

Yeah, I wasn't necessarily saying that Ramos was lucky, just that the league is the most accurate indicator of how good teams and managers are and Ramos utterly flopped in Premier League football.

his selection's suggested the PL was his lowest priority, more than once King was rested so he could play against FC Bog Hopper on a Thursday

history won't be kind to him

Would like to see this including wages.
Spurs haven't announced financial figures for last season as yet but I wouldn't expect a huge change from this chart posted by SwissRamble back in November

CUkdPo0XAAEe-OD.jpg:large

Spurs haven't announced financial figures for last season as yet but I wouldn't expect a huge change from this chart posted by SwissRamble back in November

Have we finally removed Adebayor from the payroll yet? Him and a few other expensive liabilities that we recently disposed of should help keep things tidy.

Have we finally removed Adebayor from the payroll yet? Him and a few other expensive liabilities that we recently disposed of should help keep things tidy.

i wouldn't be surprised if our overall wages have dropped from that season - Adebayor, Paulinho, Soldado, Kaboul, Lennon, Friedel and Capoue all off the wage bill and must have been on 60k ish each (Ade much higher obvs) plus Townsend Stambouli and Chiriches would have probably not been too far behind - looking at the players we have brought in over the same period i can't see many big earners - Son and Alderwiereld of the top of my head

i wouldn't be surprised if our overall wages have dropped from that season - Adebayor, Paulinho, Soldado, Kaboul, Lennon, Friedel and Capoue all off the wage bill and must have been on 60k ish each (Ade much higher obvs) plus Townsend Stambouli and Chiriches would have probably not been too far behind - looking at the players we have brought in over the same period i can't see many big earners - Son and Alderwiereld of the top of my head

I wouldn't either. Would actually be surprised if it wasn't quite a bit smaller now.

We had to pay a lump-sum check to Adebayor to terminate the contract. I don't think the per annual wage bill is affected.

We should have a fair chunk of our stadium already financed:
- net transfer income over the last few years whereas similar sized clubs in the PL have spent about £100m
- lower wages than our rivals
- assuming we qualify for the CL next year, that will presumably be an uplift on what our business plan was assuming

There has to be a chance that we wont be crazily in debt once the stadium is done and dusted

Afaik... That wage bill of £100m is for the season Villas-Boas was replaced by Sherwood, the financial figures relating to Pochettino' first season in charge have yet to be announced and we won't know the effect on the wage bill of Adebayor and co' departures until 2017.

Afaik... That wage bill of £100m is for the season Villas-Boas was replaced by Sherwood, the financial figures relating to Pochettino' first season in charge have yet to be announced and we won't know the effect on the wage bill of Adebayor and co' departures until 2017.

Yeah. The Deloitte Annual Review of Football Finance is not normally released until the early summer and this years review will cover 2014/15.

I had assumed the 14/15 on the chart referred to the season the wage bill was for, are you saying that it's just the year they were released?

Thanks for that. What I was after was comparing Spurs and Leicester, net spend and wages combined, which is hard to do seeing as the wages don't include Leicester, and the durations are different! :) I'm also wondering if we have learnt from he goons (whilst paying for the stadium) - if you can't compete on transfer fees, put all your funds into wages to fend off players being poached?

I disagree massively about City's squad

There so relaxing on the few world class players they have that when their not their the mediocrity can't shine

Seriously take aguero out and they don't get goals

Take Kompany out and they concede every game

Their over realising on individuals and have no TEAM and their squad although expensive lacks quality

When your central midfield consists of Fernadindho (who is good) and brick like deplh and Fernando (who both cost a lot of money) but are technically awful you have to wonder

De Bruyne has been an OK success but for £56m he should be.

Navas is all pace no substance but again he cost a lot so must be good

They got beat fair and square by Leicster as they have no spine and limited real quality. They also lack leadership

Jeez, hard to believe that's a top four side just one point off second. They sound like absolute dross. Must be a crap league. And Spurs must be horrid to be only a point above that lot.

Back