• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Get ready to poo yourself:)......

If we win tomorrow and the goons lose....then we could be top of the league by 2.45 on Saturday.

Nicely jinxed?...nope time to step up COYS

Can you see the Goons losing to liverpoo at the moment?
This is a pool side with no defenders and all their best players injured!!!

A fit team maybe but I can't see it tonight unfortunately although I'd love to be wrong

So how does everyone see the top 4 finishing if we win tonight?

Genuinely

I'm still not sure we will get top 4 because i am a Spurs fan and i know how it works.

Genuinely

I'm still not sure we will get top 4 because i am a Spurs fan and i know how it works.

Big IF. Concentrate on one game at a time and go from there.

A fit team maybe but I can't see it tonight unfortunately although I'd love to be wrong

It was just a thought after browsing the fixtures....and you're probably right.

And in a funny way , we're probably better off this not happening at this stage.(going top)

Genuinely

Well it means we'll have a five point gap on Manure, who realistically are our biggest threat. That's good. We'll also be one point behind Leicester on third place (I assume both Arse and City will win tonight). That's also good.

But we're Spurs, so let's first see if we can get a win tonight. I'm all for the "one game at a time" strategy here. We're in a good position, but things can change quickly.

Genuinely

Very confident of top 4

I'd predict us 3rd at the moment and one of either arse or city winning the league

Using the logic that everyone says we can't win as it don't have the experience the same would have to be said of the arse so it's City's title with that logic

By the end of Jan we could have a completely different picture

I dunno. Liverpool will be able to put out pretty much the same team that beat City and Chelsea I think. They seem to do better against passing teams right now, and struggle more with teams that are direct and physical. I fancy them to get something out of the game, even sneak it.

I dunno. Liverpool will be able to put out pretty much the same team that beat City and Chelsea I think. They seem to do better against passing teams right now, and struggle more with teams that are direct and physical. I fancy them to get something out of the game, even sneak it.

They have 12 players out including their best player in Coutinho, and their centre backs

Their all pulling hamstrings from working too hard

They have 12 players out including their best player in Coutinho, and their centre backs

Their all pulling hamstrings from working too hard

Apparently, Sahko might be fit for them, with Toure. Coutinho is a big miss for them, definitely.

But their team could be:

------------mignolet
clyne----toure-----sahko---moreno
-------milner---lucas---can
------lallana----firminho---ibe

something like that, with no out and out striker which is what Klopp seems to favour for their games against the better sides. If Southampton can smash them 4-0, then that sort of lineup could get something imo. Henderson might also be fit for them, which probably means Milner would play further up.

Whatever the results, even if we lose today, we'll still be 4th. Of course we'll win and be challenging for the title, but just saying... ;)

Apparently, Sahko might be fit for them, with Toure. Coutinho is a big miss for them, definitely.

But their team could be:

------------mignolet
clyne----toure-----sahko---moreno
-------milner---lucas---can
------lallana----firminho---ibe

something like that, with no out and out striker which is what Klopp seems to favour for their games against the better sides. If Southampton can smash them 4-0, then that sort of lineup could get something imo. Henderson might also be fit for them, which probably means Milner would play further up.

Certainly a stronger side than their hype machine is declaring

Ouch that was a six pointer today - gutted. Hard to see Leicester not being in the top four come the end of the season. Very impressive for such a cheaply assembled team. Hope we can push Man Utd out for the final place.

'Race' for the Champions League places, my a**e. A sack shuffle for blind, one-legged ex-pirates riddled with scurvy and ricketts would be a more accurate description, with everyone taking turns to be incompetent, mentally fragile, supreme bottlers....except f*cking Leicester City.

Ouch that was a six pointer today - gutted. Hard to see Leicester not being in the top four come the end of the season. Very impressive for such a cheaply assembled team. Hope we can push Man Utd out for the final place.

7 points at this season isn't a huge gap. Particularly to Leicester as they haven't really been great recently, have a small-ish squad and (imo) really have been a bit lucky to get that gap in the first place. 7 points to Arsenal does seem a bit much.

Title challenge was always going to be a long shot, from the half way line kind of long shot. We're about where we should be competing for a top 4 finish.

'Race' for the Champions League places, my a**e. A sack shuffle for blind, one-legged ex-pirates riddled with scurvy and ricketts would be a more accurate description, with everyone taking turns to be incompetent, mentally fragile, supreme bottlers....except f*cking Leicester City.

We're in 4th with 1.71 points per game.

Previous point per game scores for the teams finishing 4th and 5th respectively going back to our famous 09/10 season:

14/15: 1.84, 1.68
13/14: 2.08, 1.89
12/13: 1.92, 1.89
11/12: 1.82, 1.71
10/11: 1.79, 1.63
09/10: 1.84, 1.76

Average point total for the 4th placed team in that same period has been 71,5 points.

Some indication that there's a slight drop in quality at the top compared to the smaller teams. As has been explained (at least) in part by the financial strength of the smaller teams in the PL. Not a huge difference though, our current points per game score would bring us to 65 points, 6,5 points over a full season behind the average over the last 6 seasons.

4th place?
We are 7 points and better GD behind an Arsenal team that has one 1 away win (Villa) in the its last 5 away games that still has to come to WHL.
4 points behind a mess of a City team.

Points_Distribution_Table.png

City have become the ultimate flat track bullies.

Back