• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

utterly ridiculous talk, his agent says go here and triple your wages, you really think vary would stay at leicester, what would u do ?

I think you are being a little simplistic methinks. For instance signing for a bigger club for triple the wages could end up with him twiddling his fingers on the bench every week if he makes the wrong decision. And if the offer came in January with Leicester top of the league I can assure you if I were in his situation I would not consider such an offer until the summer anyway

Scum are going to win the league so that's one place gone.

I am officially not writing Leicester off anymore and am starting to believe they will finish in the top 4.

Emirates Marketing Project should win the title but won't because they are only team that can stop themselves but are currently doing so.

That leaves a spot open between us, Palace, Liverpool and Everton IMO. I don't think Watford will last the pace. This season has been the most unpredictable PL season I can ever remember but given how United and Chelsea have been under par, I would be quite gutted if we don't finish at least 4th now.

Scum are going to win the league so that's one place gone.

I am officially not writing Leicester off anymore and am starting to believe they will finish in the top 4.

Emirates Marketing Project should win the title but won't because they are only team that can stop themselves but are currently doing so.

That leaves a spot open between us, Palace, Liverpool and Everton IMO. I don't think Watford will last the pace. This season has been the most unpredictable PL season I can ever remember but given how United and Chel53a have been under par, I would be quite gutted if we don't finish at least 4th now.
It's all up for grabs anyone who wants it can get a top4 spot right now. Hell if you really believe you can win the title!

If City can win tomorrow - which they can - it will leave things very open. Vardy or Marhez getting injured/ tired could see Leicester slide rapidly. At that moment they can't stop scoring but it is down to those two. What would you give to finish above the Scum? It might mean winning the league, true. But we are not too far off them.

Every season for the last 10 or so there has been a little gap for Tottenham to wriggle through to have achieved top 4.

Some teams implosion, a longish run of poor results coinciding with a great string of ours, player revolts/unhappy dressing rooms, managerial changes. Its incredibly hard not to keep boringly harping on about it.

If we had just kept that player, or signed that slightly too expensive midfielder, signed a January striker from somewhere, Harry this, Harry that, if Defoe had just got on the end of that, so on and so on.

This season Emirates Marketing Project don't look great, Liverpool and Man U are a laugh a minute, Chelsea two laughs a minute.....COYMFS!!!!

We simply have have have to take advantage this season. We are settled, Pochs had time, 3 of our 5 major rivals seem to be getting themselves into major messes that may take considerable time (seasons+) and huge transfer fees to sort out.

Just our luck that a team like Leicester pops up out of nowhere and its going to become increasingly difficult to "enjoy" their current success if it continues.

Arsenal are completely slipping under the radar at the moment too, if they win it its going to be gutwrenching hearing the old "Wenger is the master" stuff restarting.

Its still been the most joyous season i can remember in a long long time though. With Leicester up there and expensively mismanaged top 4 sides struggling it somehow feels like the old first division again. After the glossy rancidness of the sky years its a beautiful time for football and if you weren't old enough to remember anything before the Premiership this is a slight taster of how things used to be, with the added benefit that we aren't complete brick, enjoy it :D

In my mind's eye, I picture it as a cycle race with the Arse sitting in Leicester's slipstream. They are going to win it, if you ask me. The Foxes' relatively thin squad is bound to be their eventual downfall, so it'll be up to City or us to finish above them, IMO. City don't seem to have enough belief in themselves, and Spurs, well... they'll always let you down, won't they. As surprised as I am to find myself saying so, I think United will only be contenders if they bin LvG.

In my mind's eye, I picture it as a cycle race with the Arse sitting in Leicester's slipstream. They are going to win it, if you ask me. The Foxes' relatively thin squad is bound to be their eventual downfall, so it'll be up to City or us to finish above them, IMO. City don't seem to have enough belief in themselves, and Spurs, well... they'll always let you down, won't they. As surprised as I am to find myself saying so, I think United will only be contenders if they bin LvG.
Unfortunately they will be contenders regardless, because there's only two ways this can go for them: another couple of poor results and LvG gets the sack (ergo they're contenders again), or their results improve and they're in the mix.

^ I don't think they are title material under v. Gaal, though. If they get someone else in — the Unemployed One? — maybe. The current top 6 mini-league has a very ominous look to it, IMO:

Code:
Mini-league     P  W  D  L  F  A  GD Pt
---------------------------------------
Arsenal         4  3  1  0 11  4  +7 10
Tottenham       5  2  2  1  7  4  +3  8
Man United      5  1  3  1  2  4  -2  6
Leicester       4  1  2  1  5  7  -2  5
Emirates Marketing Project        3  1  1  1  2  4  -2  4
Crystal Palace  5  0  1  4  1  5  -4  1

Let's remind ourselves we've won only seven of our first 17 PL games. Not exactly title form in any season. Even Palace and Watford have won more.

If - and it's a big if - if we were to manage a prolongued winning run well into the New Year, that would be the time to start dreaming the dream.

Consistency is key.. Undefeated runs are more important than taking unnecessary defeats and dropping points. We will absolutely have more wins over the course of the season than Palace and Watford.

It was always between Emirates Marketing Project and Scum for the title in my opinion. Leicester, Spurs, Utd and Liverpool for the other two spots. We have enough of those teams at home before the end of the season to make a serious push for third place.

Those games will be the ones which decide our fate.

A lot will depend on 'new' players coming into the team. Whether that is squad players making the differnece - Chadli getting goals, Mason, Bentaleb, Son - or us singing a new key player. We do need another dynamic in the team, someone to come through as Dembele has or Kane or Bentaleb did. Maybe Bentaleb can come back into the team and give us a fresh lease of life when we need it.

I think if Levy doesn't buy a striker in this transfer window, it will bite us in a$$ big time. Kane looks like getting injured at any moment. You can't forget that the premier league is occasionally extremely physical. I'm still amazed Deli Alli wasn't hurt in the 50-50 in the lead up to the Kane goal against Southampton.

Exactly the halfway stage for us at the moment and we have 35 points. If we do the same in the second half of the season we'll have 70, 2 points shy of our record premier league total.

While not really stats, I placed a bet of Spurs to finish top 4 on the 14th December. with odds of 2.50. The bookie has slashed the odds to 1.50.

Looking at the Premier League outright market, bookies expect the table to look like this at the end of the season;

Emirates Marketing Project
Arsenal
Tottenham
Leicester
Man U
Liverpool
Chelsea

Exactly the halfway stage for us at the moment and we have 35 points. If we do the same in the second half of the season we'll have 70, 2 points shy of our record premier league total.

While not really stats, I placed a bet of Spurs to finish top 4 on the 14th December. with odds of 2.50. The bookie has slashed the odds to 1.50.

Looking at the Premier League outright market, bookies expect the table to look like this at the end of the season;

Emirates Marketing Project
Arsenal
Tottenham
Leicester
Man U
Liverpool
Chelsea

To be fair, based on current table/form, that bookies view isn't a bad shout.

The likely points is why we need January re-enforcements, 1 or 2 players that can turn a draw -> win. Although I suspect 70 points will be enough this season for 4th.

To be fair, based on current table/form, that bookies view isn't a bad shout.

The likely points is why we need January re-enforcements, 1 or 2 players that can turn a draw -> win. Although I suspect 70 points will be enough this season for 4th.

More often that not, January signings don't have that much impact.

Even so, the fans of every club are saying the same thing right now, just one or two signings and we can push on. This means two things: Nobody wants to sell and everybody is looking to buy, which means signings for the first team will be incredibly hard to pull off and if everybody strengthened not much will have changed.

Back