• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

You'd prefer Aurier? He's a good player but he's going to need a whole season to adjust to premier league football.

Walker's even improved his crossing recently.

Walker's delivery had been pretty good for the last 2 years already - never got why he faced such criticism in that regard.

Aurier will be fine though. I bet from January onwards he's going to show his true self.

Walker's delivery had been pretty good for the last 2 years already - never got why he faced such criticism in that regard.

Aurier will be fine though. I bet from January onwards he's going to show his true self.
Hopefully that's not the mean-tweeting, police-hitting chap from Paris...

There is a footballer in there. He has the attributes but he’s completely brainless and, right now, a liability. I would have Trippier over him all day long right now.

It’s an obvious comparison but he’s like Walker was a few years ago and makes a lot of the same mistakes.

As John Giles would say “he’s a bit of a headbanger.”

I can handle the odd brain fart, we all know they will vanish under Poch with experience. What frustrates me is he always checks back when he gets the ball, never looks to drive forward. I'm sure he's got it in him too, he's clearly athletic.....

This is his first season. Anyone expecting anything from him hasn't yet learned the lesson we as a club have tried to emphasize for years on end - that players need time.

Davinson Sanchez is one in a million. 999,999 players will not settle in the way he has. It's unfair judging anyone by that standard.

Give him a season to settle in, and see what he can do next year.

This is his first season. Anyone expecting anything from him hasn't yet learned the lesson we as a club have tried to emphasize for years on end - that players need time.

Davinson Sanchez is one in a million. 999,999 players will not settle in the way he has. It's unfair judging anyone by that standard.

Huh? I agree some players have needed a Poch preseason to settle but Sanchez is certainly not the first player to settle straight away under him and isn't one in a million in that sense - Dier and Alderweireld did too, just to name a couple of CBS. Also Aurier has made mistakes that have nothing to do with getting used to the ethos of our team or pattern of play,just simple errors you wouldn't expect of someone who has played for a club of PSGs stature. But agree he will be fine in time.....

Huh? I agree some players have needed a Poch preseason to settle but Sanchez is certainly not the first player to settle straight away under him and isn't one in a million in that sense - Dier and Alderweireld did too, just to name a couple of CBS. Also Aurier has made mistakes that have nothing to do with getting used to the ethos of our team or pattern of play,just simple errors you wouldn't expect of someone who has played for a club of PSGs stature. But agree he will be fine in time.....
He'll be fine........or out. Simples.

I forgot Toby - him too. Disagree on Dier, though - we all thought we were buying a CB, but we got an RB. And I was one of the minority who thought he was okay there, but not a solution long-term - and he had more than a few mistakes in him.

Aurier's misplaced passes are largely a symptom of not knowing his team-mates well enough to know where to put the ball in any given situation. Similarly, his rash tackling is more a case of him getting caught out making the same sort of tackles that have won him acclaim when they *do* come off - the extra strength and pace of nearly every Prem player relative to their counterparts in Ligue 1 has surprised him, I think, and will continue to surprise him until he gets used to it.

Again, nothing time won't solve. But he needs that time, is all.

I forgot Toby - him too. Disagree on Dier, though - we all thought we were buying a CB, but we got an RB. And I was one of the minority who thought he was okay there, but not a solution long-term - and he had more than a few mistakes in him.

Aurier's misplaced passes are largely a symptom of not knowing his team-mates well enough to know where to put the ball in any given situation. Similarly, his rash tackling is more a case of him getting caught out making the same sort of tackles that have won him acclaim when they *do* come off - the extra strength and pace of nearly every Prem player relative to their counterparts in Ligue 1 has surprised him, I think, and will continue to surprise him until he gets used to it.

Again, nothing time won't solve. But he needs that time, is all.
Oh absolutely given time he will be fine. I judge a player in their first season by their attributes, and he looks to be strong athletic and pacey which will stand him in good stead for the demands of being a wing back for us. What's disappointing is that I'd heard he was very alike Walker going forward but he always checks back if there's any defenders in front of him and doesn't have the confidence to drive forward which I expected he would do if like Walker. But I guess this too will come with time.....

The jury is actually out on all our RBs. Trippier was brilliant against Real but that's far from his usual standard - granted he's not that often a liability but equally he doesn't often take his man on, instead turning backwards and been 'ok' rather than even 'good'. Aurier looks to me to have greater potential than Trippier given his greater pace and athleticism should make him more Walker-esque than Trippier and more of an attacking force...however at the moment he's a liability. He's also a good bit young so greater scope for improvements. Lastly, Walker-Peters possibly has greater potential than both the senior guys but isn't getting much game time and I cant see when he would, absent some injuries. Unless one of the senior guys is sold next summer, I think he needs a loan next year and then come back to replace Trippier/Aurier the year after

If a played summed up Tottenham Hotspur it’s him.

Either brilliant and flair or brick and mistake ridden.

He’s a bit like BAE

The jury is actually out on all our RBs. Trippier was brilliant against Real but that's far from his usual standard - granted he's not that often a liability but equally he doesn't often take his man on, instead turning backwards and been 'ok' rather than even 'good'. Aurier looks to me to have greater potential than Trippier given his greater pace and athleticism should make him more Walker-esque than Trippier and more of an attacking force...however at the moment he's a liability. He's also a good bit young so greater scope for improvements. Lastly, Walker-Peters possibly has greater potential than both the senior guys but isn't getting much game time and I cant see when he would, absent some injuries. Unless one of the senior guys is sold next summer, I think he needs a loan next year and then come back to replace Trippier/Aurier the year after
I can get on Board with most of that but I do think you're being a bit dismissive of Trippier. He gets asssit after assist, even if he's not as explosive as say Walker his attacking productivity is probably better.....

The problem is that what we're seeing matches perfectly with his reputation at PSG, where he was settled. These clownshoe moments simply cannot be attributed to this being his first season.

If Pochettino can coach those out of him or not remains to be seen. If that happens we might have a quality player on our hands. For now Trippier continues to look the better player, as he has all season.

Back