• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serbia fined £65,000

A1412.jpg

Ah yeah, I remember that. I'm sure Paddypower stumped up.

This whole matter raises two questions in my mind;

What does Peter Herbert have to say on the matter? Until Serbia put their house in order should they be treated as the black man of Europe?

Using Herbert (and Baddiel) logic, England are to blame. Using black players perpetuates the racist taunts. While England's reasons for using black players may have started in the 70s with a positive intent, the continued use just causes rival fans to react to them. Until England stop using black players, you can't expect to stop racism.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter says he plans to discuss the punishment handed to the Serbian FA with his Uefa counterpart Michel Platini.

The Serbian FA was fined 80,000 euros (£65,000) following violence and racist abuse during Serbia's under-21 game against England in October.

"I will take up the discussion with the president of Uefa," said Blatter, talking at a news conference in Tokyo.

"But I don't know if he has influence on his disciplinary committee."

Platini is reported to be considering an appeal to the disciplinary committee of his own confederation over the severity of the punishment, which also decreed Serbia must play their under-21 games behind closed doors.

Observers have drawn a negative contrast with the 100,000 euros (£80,000) fine Denmark's Nicklas Bendtner received after revealing a sponsor's logo on his underwear during a Euro 2012 game.

Blatter declined to answer BBC Sport's question as to whether he believed Uefa's fine was too lenient but added: "I'm sure that we can pick up with Uefa [about] the level of governance that there should be in all football - not just with Uefa but all other confederations and national associations.

"There should be very strong, harsh punishment when it comes to discrimination and racism."

The Football Association has strongly condemned the level of the punishment stating it "does not believe the sanction sends a strong enough message".

Elaborating on his belief that Fifa has set a strong example when confronted with cases of racism Blatter said: "Racism and discrimination comes not from football, it comes from our society.

"It is a question of solidarity and a question of education, and you cannot educate everybody, to be fair.

"It's so easy to say football is discipline, respect and fair play. It's easy to say but not so easy to apply."

England's Thomas Ince and Steven Caulker were banned over incidents that took place during England Under-21s' win in October.

Four Serbian players were banned, while two of their coaches are suspended for two years.

Uefa will send both football associations its full written reasons for its decision and they will then have three days to decide whether to appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20738952

Back