• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Self Driving Cars

Surely if they are self driving and the traffic is regulated. Then self driving cars could go a lot faster. They would basically become mini trains. So why not over 100mph.

I wouldn't trust the government to be able to get that past all the sandal wearers.

Cars have improved massively since the speed limit was made what it is - my car is probably safer at 155mph than a 15 year old micra at 70mph. Speed limits haven't moved though.

I wouldn't trust the government to be able to get that past all the sandal wearers.

Cars have improved massively since the speed limit was made what it is - my car is probably safer at 155mph than a 15 year old micra at 70mph. Speed limits haven't moved though.

Whilst I agree with what you are saying and think speed limits on Motorways should be increased. I think speed limits in town are fine as its not the stopping power. Its still the speed that you hit someone or crash at that does the damage.

You're right that traffic jams are caused by junctions and bunching and weather... if cars were all computer controlled they would snake together to form a train that shoots down the road with no need for braking or worrying about the idiot in front or pausing for junctions. In town cars would flow around the system with traffic lights in sequence and no infuriating waiting.

Quite often I'll be in town and all I want to do is get out of town, but it takes forever with lights and waiting and fannying around, no wonder there are so many cars in towns, you can't get out of the bleedin town.

You're right that traffic jams are caused by junctions and bunching and weather... if cars were all computer controlled they would snake together to form a train that shoots down the road with no need for braking or worrying about the idiot in front or pausing for junctions. In town cars would flow around the system with traffic lights in sequence and no infuriating waiting.

Quite often I'll be in town and all I want to do is get out of town, but it takes forever with lights and waiting and fannying around, no wonder there are so many cars in towns, you can't get out of the bleedin town.

That's something that really gets me angry - people with slow reaction speeds.

If a light turns green and I'm 10 cars back, I should be moving within a fraction of a second. Instead, it's more like 30 seconds before I move - some light systems mean that's at least one more cycle. If the car ahead has started to move, start to move. Don't wait until it's 10 yards away and then think about taking off the handbrake!

[video=youtube;vtgAx11yOzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtgAx11yOzg[/video]

[video=youtube;DYTV4d-Gn0s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYTV4d-Gn0s[/video]

Back