• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

Looking at the club rationale from the THST statement, does it seem that the club feel that the senior's concession is being abused? They mention that the number of of seniors has gone up 400% since we moved.
I spotted that...thought it was just circumstance of us all getting older :))) but are they saying there's a suspicion people have bought in using a senior concession rate and may be selling on and creaming some £s in?

I spotted that...thought it was just circumstance of us all getting older :))) but are they saying there's a suspicion people have bought in using a senior concession rate and may be selling on and creaming some £s in?
No clue...I'd be suspicious though. How the f**k does anyone live to be a senior supporting this club? Anyone who genuinely makes it should get free tickets IMO.

I have some sympathy for those who can't afford the prices and as a senior season ticket holder I'm disappointed at raise, but I've never subscribed to reduced price for older people, we're seeing the same game why should I get it cheaper? This is a luxury product and like it or not you make a choice to buy or not.

I have some sympathy for those who can't afford the prices and as a senior season ticket holder I'm disappointed at raise, but I've never subscribed to reduced price for older people, we're seeing the same game why should I get it cheaper? This is a luxury product and like it or not you make a choice to buy or not.
Two things imo.
1. Most seniors have retired from work and have less income.

2. You've probably supported the club for a very long time, and get a discount for loyalty.

Two things imo.
1. Most seniors have retired from work and have less income.

2. You've probably supported the club for a very long time, and get a discount for loyalty.

With exception, older generally equals better financial position

Point 2, I agree with, I could see that being a legitimate ask, i.e. if you are over x age and have had a season ticket for 20+ years, then no more increases (that will open a can of worms for abuse)

Big issue with any kind of special disposition would be how do you ensure those are actually the people attending the games vs. monetizing the advantage

With exception, older generally equals better financial position

Point 2, I agree with, I could see that being a legitimate ask, i.e. if you are over x age and have had a season ticket for 20+ years, then no more increases (that will open a can of worms for abuse)

Big issue with any kind of special disposition would be how do you ensure those are actually the people attending the games vs. monetizing the advantage

Times have changed havn't they. Baby boomers probably the most well-off segment of society. Certainlly got it better than the current generation entering adulthood.

There is a good case to be made for the latent fans. In the 70s and before teenagers and their mates could attend games more easily. How much were tickets back then? Maybe part time jobs or pocket money these days would cover a ticket idk? Now it seems like a younger person needs to be backed by family to attend a game.

Last edited:
It’s 100% a thing
I know a mate who has season tickets he pays for, for people who are dead
He sells the games on but maintains the loyalty points

From https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/ticketing-charter/

There are three distinct concession categories. Supporters of the following ages, as of the first day of the Premier League season, will qualify for concessionary pricing in designated areas subject to availability:

Junior – Under 18
Young Adult – 18-21
Senior – Over 65*

*From Season 2025/26 the qualifying age for a Senior concession will come into line with the State Pension Age (SPA), i.e. 66 years, and will rise in line with future changes.

For the 2024/25 season, where available, concession discounts on Season Tickets and Match Tickets will apply at the following rates:

Junior 50%
Young Adult 25%
Senior 50%*

*The allocation of Senior concession matchday tickets will have a 25% discount applied from Season 2025/26, in line with Young Adults. Matchday Junior concessions will continue to be discounted by 50%.

*All Senior concession Season Tickets will be phased to a 45% discount in Season 2025/26, to a 40% discount in Season 2026/27, to a 35% discount in Season 2027/28, a 30% discount in Season 2028/29 and a 25% discount in 2029/30, bringing it in line with matchday Senior concessions and Young Adults. Junior concession Season Tickets will remain at 50%.

////////////////////

Seems fair enough to me, Season Ticket oldies have a few years to get used to it, and eventually it falls in line with young adult season tickets and senior matchday concessions. I understand some oldies are poor, but also some oldies are super rich and rode the crest of the housing boom in the 80s. Remember also that loads of people take the tinkle and use their dad or grandad's season ticket for themselves.

I don't go because ((drum roll please)) it is rather expensive. Deal with it. This is not your right, it is a choice.

So, I'm 65 in May, having supported Spurs for 60 plus years and as a Gold Season ticket holder attend every single home match from Leeds (don't talk to me about getting away/"home" for me tickets, anymore :mad:), will be expected, when I reach the (pushed back) national retirement age of 66, to pay more for my ST (this despite seeing my income reducing by 50%)
WTUF? 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: jrh
So, I'm 65 in May, having supported Spurs for 60 plus years and as a Gold Season ticket holder attend every single home match from Leeds (don't talk to me about getting away/"home" for me tickets, anymore :mad:), will be expected, when I reach the (pushed back) national retirement age of 66, to pay more for my ST (this despite seeing my income reducing by 50%)
WTUF? 🤬

I Actually think it's a massive misstep from the club and on some respects seems quite callous

Reactions: jrh
I will not be renewing my season ticket next season, not because of the change to senior prices, I always looked at it as a bonus not a right. The whole thing is a bit of a chore, knees can't cope with walk and stairs, fans too entitled, VAR and never knowing what time or day we're playing, was all so much simpler and enjoyable when my dad took me.

I will not be renewing my season ticket next season, not because of the change to senior prices, I always looked at it as a bonus not a right. The whole thing is a bit of a chore, knees can't cope with walk and stairs, fans too entitled, VAR and never knowing what time or day we're playing, was all so much simpler and enjoyable when my dad took me.
Do you want me to pay for your ST to keep it going (wink wink)...you can still go to the odd game but I can then use it the rest of the time and benefit from the knock down rate???

(Obv.. Joking)

Back