• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

I am in Phase 3 and my son, who only became a season ticket holder last summer, is in phase 8. I get this and think it is fair BUT the club needed to ringfence the number of seats that would be needed for adult and junior combination and state that all adults with juniors regardless of which sales phase they're in are guaranteed to be able to purchase 2 seats together and the junior at the concession price.

The designated family areas (i.e. can only buy a ticket if a junior is sitting there too) are in the North West corner and North Lower and I reckon that's about 3000 seats altogether. from my recollectons as a season ticket holder in Paxton Road there weren't actually that many adult/child season ticket holders and I'd be surprised if the situation changed drastically at Wembley.

For the life of me I cannot work out exactly how many concession seats are available within the stadium - to be fair it looks a fairly high figure (would guestimate about 60% which presumably must be about 35,000) so we'll probably be ok (as there will still be a large number of people higher up the list happy to pay extra and seat in West and East stands.

This is causing me, and clearly many others in the same situation, considerable anxiety now worrying what will be left by phase 8. This is information the club must have and it wouldn't hurt to state "we have ensured that there are sufficient seats available at concession prices/in family areas etc so that any parent wanting to sit with a junior in a later sales phase will be able to do so". The fact that they haven't worries me and my son will be heartbroken if he finds out that he can't have his season ticket despite being 'guaranteed' one in the new stadium when we got his at Wembley last summer.

I am in Phase 3 and my son, who only became a season ticket holder last summer, is in phase 8. I get this and think it is fair BUT the club needed to ringfence the number of seats that would be needed for adult and junior combination and state that all adults with juniors regardless of which sales phase they're in are guaranteed to be able to purchase 2 seats together and the junior at the concession price.

The designated family areas (i.e. can only buy a ticket if a junior is sitting there too) are in the North West corner and North Lower and I reckon that's about 3000 seats altogether. from my recollectons as a season ticket holder in Paxton Road there weren't actually that many adult/child season ticket holders and I'd be surprised if the situation changed drastically at Wembley.

For the life of me I cannot work out exactly how many concession seats are available within the stadium - to be fair it looks a fairly high figure (would guestimate about 60% which presumably must be about 35,000) so we'll probably be ok (as there will still be a large number of people higher up the list happy to pay extra and seat in West and East stands.

This is causing me, and clearly many others in the same situation, considerable anxiety now worrying what will be left by phase 8. This is information the club must have and it wouldn't hurt to state "we have ensured that there are sufficient seats available at concession prices/in family areas etc so that any parent wanting to sit with a junior in a later sales phase will be able to do so". The fact that they haven't worries me and my son will be heartbroken if he finds out that he can't have his season ticket despite being 'guaranteed' one in the new stadium when we got his at Wembley last summer.

All fair comments

I guess the club guarantee you a seat bit maybe not at concession prices

But it does look like a huge amount are available

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-season-ticket-prices-new-stadium-thst/
"They’ve also introduced six ‘premium-lite’ exclusive areas, roughly 1,000 seats, across the middle of the single tier stand, where seats cost £2,200 a year. That gets you access to your own bar, so that Spurs ‘wall’ could feature gaping holes around half-time as the VIP fans make their way to and from their bar."
Bit worrying, better not end up like Club fudging Wembley.

There's a risk of that happening at Spurs as well depending on how the resale platform will work. Without any limitations people can sell off most games to pay for the ticket and just go to all the biggest league and cup games themselves. Especially if loyalty points are given out for simply listing it for sale.
Risk? That was happening at Spurs.

Bit worrying, better not end up like Club fudging Wembley.

Those seats are very close to exits and I think the lesson of Wembley's slow service is going to be learned considering the detail and research done here. The 'VIP' fans would leave around the same time as other 'normal' fans. If anything, if they have their own private bar, there's less imperative to leave early.

I called them. My son and I are in phase 7. If it reaches us and there are none left in concession areas then we have to buy our juniors an adult ticket elsewhere.

I had a quick scan of the stadium colour chart and I had it at much lower than 35,000 for concession areas. It's most of the North and about half of the South and some bits elsewhere. I had it at somewhere around the 20k mark.

I called them. My son and I are in phase 7. If it reaches us and there are none left in concession areas then we have to buy our juniors an adult ticket elsewhere.

I had a quick scan of the stadium colour chart and I had it at much lower than 35,000 for concession areas. It's most of the North and about half of the South and some bits elsewhere. I had it at somewhere around the 20k mark.
This is the only part that I think Spurs have truly got wrong. I think concession areas should've existed in all areas other than the potential safe standing area for obvious reasons and then perhaps the 2 or 3 most expensive general admission bands. I certainly think that the £1,200, £1,250 and £1,325 tickets should've been included in as areas where concessions were availabe.

The main issue is the south end prices should have been nearer 700-800 for that but problem with that stand is you are losing so much corporate that they had to make the price higher and some semi corporate to compensate thus negating what they were trying to achieve for the fans.Might have been better to have made a regular stand and charged less.

Nah football is sanitized enough without having to worry about minding your language or standing because there's kids nearby - sensible to keep them away from certain sections of the ground imo

You can still keep them away from certain parts of the ground whilst making concessions available at all price points. Example: there are plenty of blue £1200 and light green £1325 sections....make some adult only and some with concessions.

Those seats are very close to exits and I think the lesson of Wembley's slow service is going to be learned considering the detail and research done here. The 'VIP' fans would leave around the same time as other 'normal' fans. If anything, if they have their own private bar, there's less imperative to leave early.
Hope you're right, but it's more the not back in their seats for the start of the second half that annoys me, looks ridiculous having a big empty space when the game gets back underway (I'm thinking England and cup semis/finals here, more than us, cos obviously we're better ;) ).

The mega stand will hopefully be where the atmosphere starts from, not that some fancy dan who can afford 2k for a season ticket can't shout a bit of course.

The main issue is the south end prices should have been nearer 700-800 for that but problem with that stand is you are losing so much corporate that they had to make the price higher and some semi corporate to compensate thus negating what they were trying to achieve for the fans.Might have been better to have made a regular stand and charged less.

You still need to be on the list to get in that 1882 section of the South Stand don't you? It totals about 1k seats and id expect that the people who choose to sit there would do so knowing that it's the end for atmosphere - i don't see why people buying seats there wouldn't want to contribute to that.

Arsenal has the highest prices in the world and we have now over took them

We will be charging the most in world Football yet as a club haven’t achieved anything yet of that level...

I get the London argument and the premier league one but to have average tickets that works out about 3 times city’s who are in some people’s view the best side on the planet is crazy
From a Spurs supporter perspective that makes sense. But there is another way to look at this, one which is used widely in the States: we're not selling you a football match, we're selling you entertainment. When people in the States go to watch a basketball, or baseball, or hockey game, yes they are going to support their team, but first and foremost they are sold entertainment. You see some minor league baseball teams fill their stadiums because they put out a good entertainment product, not necessarily a good team (and there's no promotion to the big leagues there either to at least set a goal for the season; you'll always be a minor league team and if you come first, then meh).

So I am wondering if this is what the thought is around the new stadium. Everything seems to be entertainment driven. Some people may say that this might affect the atmosphere, as it could attract a different set of fans. But going by American sports again, the atmosphere at games is very good, even though the focus is not on the die-hard fans.

Just my two cents...

By the way, how lucky are we to have Poch just at the time we are moving into a new stadium. Can you imagine if we were making this move under Juande or Sherwood? On the plus side, the tickets would probably not be as expensive, but what a downer to play in a new stadium with a team whose aspirations would have been 5th/6th at best.

Nah football is sanitized enough without having to worry about minding your language or standing because there's kids nearby - sensible to keep them away from certain sections of the ground imo
Is that a reply to me? If so then I don't get your logic? Surely the areas priced at £1,200, £1,250 and £1,325 are LESS likely to be having people standing and swearing than the lower priced areas?

Hope you're right, but it's more the not back in their seats for the start of the second half that annoys me, looks ridiculous having a big empty space when the game gets back underway (I'm thinking England and cup semis/finals here, more than us, cos obviously we're better ;) ).

The mega stand will hopefully be where the atmosphere starts from, not that some fancy dan who can afford 2k for a season ticket can't shout a bit of course.
Will the fact that those in the 1882 areas get a drink for free really make much of a difference in terms of arriving back in their seats for the second half compared to the rest of the South Stand? Especially when you consider that the seats are the closest to the exists, the drinks will probably be pre-poured and no payment will need to be made.

You still need to be on the list to get in that 1882 section of the South Stand don't you? It totals about 1k seats and id expect that the people who choose to sit there would do so knowing that it's the end for atmosphere - i don't see why people buying seats there wouldn't want to contribute to that.
I would imagine that some of those in later phases will be pinning their hopes on the 1882 tickets for a chance to be part of the South stand.

Back