• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

Not being an idiot for the sake of it, but his math is flimflam, 3X income is $2M?

WHL to new stadium is 2X the size (seats), probably 20-25% price increase but 6X the match day revenue.
If my maths are correct, he's saying they have around 6,500 ST holders. That's nonsense given their stadium holds 75,000. Google says they have 38,000 ST holders. So, that means they take in 4m in ST sales at the price he quoted. Triple the price and that gives an additional 8m.

However, the prices he quotes are also nonsense. It's €145 for standing and €350-€765 for seats.

So basically, the whole statement is a load of flimflam.

I’m not a season ticket holder but the prices are surprisingly good surely?

I just paid a grand for new pads and discs for my car, and £2k for a few crowns and fillings at the dentist.

A pint of beer costs £6 plus at a pub now.

A lot of the population lose sight of inflation -it is 2024 not 1984.

The world doesn’t owe me a living and Spurs don’t owe me a seat in their house.

Where are you drinking?

Over £7 in most London pubs now.

It's more that German football has a different mentality when it comes to the fans. Firstly they obviously have the 50+1 rule which means that the clubs have to actually adhere to the desires of their fans more than from an outside investor. Secondly ticket prices in Germany are much cheaper across the board for the aforementioned reason so increasing the price doesn't actually add much to the bottom line.

This is what Uli Hoeness former Bayern Chairman said about ticket prices in 2022

“We could charge more than £104. Let’s say we charged £300. We’d get £2m more in income, but what’s £2m to us?”

“In a transfer discussion, you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk,”

It's just a different mentality.
That was their quote in 2022. Lets see what they are saying after negotiating the Kane fee with Levy :D ....

Not being an idiot for the sake of it, but his math is flimflam, 3X income is $2M?

WHL to new stadium is 2X the size (seats), probably 20-25% price increase but 6X the match day revenue.
The Bayern argument is always false
They charge cheap season tickets but massive prices for non season tickets

I’m not a season ticket holder but the prices are surprisingly good surely?
A lot of the population lose sight of inflation - it is 2024 not 1984.
Yes, Spurs said "In the five years since the stadium opened in April, 2019, there has only been one season ticket price increase of 1.5%" which is insanely good value.
The cost of services Spurs pay for probably went up 3% in 2020, 3% in 2021, 3% in 2022, 3% in 2023, 3% in 2024... that's 15% without even compounding it.
Really Spurs should have put the prices up 2% each year, nobody could quibble at that and it would just run on and on compounding each time.
Seats are so hard to come by that I don't even bother any more, so demand is super high.

The Athletic have done a piece on it saying "Tottenham fans are raging at the increase". The say they've spoken to "many" fans and the typical reaction is unhappiness at the increase. The issue I have with hyperbole like that in the media is that many Tottenham fans aren't raging about it at all. If you look on here, most have accepted an increase is inevitable. It's tabloid terminology. You can find "many" fans who will support whatever position you want to take on this increase but "Spurs fans mildly irritated by increase" isn't quite as click-baity.

The bit of substance in the article is that this "will make an extra £2.5million ($3.2m) to £3m per year. Not nothing, but not a lot in the context of a stadium that brings in more than £5m for every home game Spurs play there."

That does make it seem that the club is hitting loyal fans for something that will increase our matchday revenue (which is apparently £95m a season) by just over 3% at most and our overall revenue (based on 2022/23 numbers which did include CL) by less than half a percent. I guess the caveat there is that the £95m number is revenue rather than profit so the spin is designed to make the club look as bad as possible.

It's not a good look I guess and it does look like bad PR and hitting loyal fans for a fairly small return.
I agree with this completely.

The key metric for Spurs is probably 'will the stadium still sell out?' And despite all of those (in many cases legitimate) complaints, I'd say the stadium will still sell out for all Premier League matches.

I agree with this completely.

The key metric for Spurs is probably 'will the stadium still sell out?' And despite all of those (in many cases legitimate) complaints, I'd say the stadium will still sell out for all Premier League matches.
Our official attendance doesn't have us as selling out every seat, are a random amount held back each match for some reason?

Our official attendance doesn't have us as selling out every seat, are a random amount held back each match for some reason?
No
We declare attendance not tickets sold
Other clubs do the reverse
It’s why city and arsenal have had games with loads of empty seats and declared a full house (their fans put bin bags on seats to highlight it)

Season ticket holders that don’t turn up? Other tickets not taken up? Not sure…but we do seem to always ‘sell out’

Back