• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket prices..

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
BOP8ZVKCEAALbUN.jpg

It's circular though.

The clubs can't reduce the season tickets as they need the money to stay competitive and pay wages and stop the players going off into Europe. If they let the players wander off into Europe, the quality would drop and the demand for tickets to live matches and tv deals would decrease.

Boycotting would only provide a temporary fix imo.

It's circular though.

The clubs can't reduce the season tickets as they need the money to stay competitive and pay wages and stop the players going off into Europe. If they let the players wander off into Europe, the quality would drop and the demand for tickets to live matches and tv deals would decrease.

Boycotting would only provide a temporary fix imo.

How do Bayern Munich do it then?

The new BT deal meant clubs could have SUBSTANTIALLY reduced ticket prices but instead they are going to pay the players even more ridiculous wages.

As for 'staying competitive' - THFC charge the second highest ST prices in the league & we have won the CC twice in 22 years.

Last edited:
Bayern have a massive sponsorship deals, I think the most of anyone, including United, Real and Barca.

The minimum price is misleading. How many £299 tickets do City have? One of the papers (The Guardian?) had a recent survey of highest and lowest (we were second again) but that is misleading as it includes the few expensive tickets in the Upper West (?) and somewhere at Emitates. Some journalist should do the work of calculating the mean and median prices, rather than just calling up and asking for most and least expensive.

Liverpool is odd that their pricing is very flat with the most expensive tickets less than Arsenal's cheapest.

How do Bayern Munich do it then?

The new BT deal meant clubs could have SUBSTANTIALLY reduced ticket prices but instead they are going to pay the players even more ridiculous wages.

As for 'staying competitive' - THFC charge the second highest ST prices in the league & we have won the CC twice in 22 years.

Well exactly. If half the clubs decided to reduce the season tickets with the substantial increase in tv money, and half the clubs decided not to and spent the money on players and wages. Which half of the league would strengthen more? If one club spends the increase on players, the rest have to otherwise they will likely get left behind.

THFC is in London, everything is more expensive there. If you can explain to me why a pint costs £3 at my local and the same pint costs over £5 in London you'd have your answer. Added to spurs being a club on the 'up' with more people wanting to see them than the capacity can support.

As jts says, Bayern have massive sponsorship.

If you can think up a solution, i would be happy for them to go through with it. However it would have to be in the Premier League, the FA and the clubs best interests or it's just not going to happen.

Last edited:
Because this is Britain and British/Foreign companies are encouraged and allowed to rob customers blind under the "Thatcherite" mantra that market forces will provide competition, choice and drive prices down. (Lol) Hence highest prices for Utilities, Cars, Entertainment and numerous other articles except illegal drugs and booze, which keep the plebs happy.

Well exactly. If half the clubs decided to reduce the season tickets with the substantial increase in tv money, and half the clubs decided not to and spent the money on players and wages. Which half of the league would strengthen more? If one club spends the increase on players, the rest have to otherwise they will likely get left behind.

THFC is in London, everything is more expensive there. If you can explain to me why a pint costs £3 at my local and the same pint costs over £5 in London you'd have your answer. Added to spurs being a club on the 'up' with more people wanting to see them than the capacity can support.

As jts says, Bayern have massive sponsorship.

If you can think up a solution, i would be happy for them to go through with it. However it would have to be in the Premier League, the FA and the clubs best interests or it's just not going to happen.

Regarding the pint.... Costs of transporting into London and people's wages in Lindon are higher. It's a spiral caused by housing costs mainly e.g a 1 bed flat in an area where you won't get killed will cost £250k

Therefore to bumpy that is you need to earn more money or work and live somewhere else, hence the London living wage.

So the assumption goes that therefore football tickets cost more as its all about London which technically is gonad*s as we don't pay temporary staff (stewards etc...) anything more than minus wage. Policing costs are more in London for match days as the Met charge more and insist on more bodies.

I don't think Utliliies bills are higher but I assume Spurs pay business rates for the area

I would guess that I costs us in real money 10-15% more per match than the equivalent city side from somewhere else so the rest goes on players wages and transfers etc.... Bu it is supply and demand

Ticket prices are the way they are because of what we as fans demand of the clubs.

Although i'm sure everyone agrees that football tickets are astronomical at the moment, you could still say that some clubs are doing fans a favour with the prices. Look at Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project for example. They make massive losses every year. The biggest expenditure is player wages, which is a result of the high quality of the players that they own (ie. they could alternatively get a lower level of player for a cheaper wage/fee). This could be interpreted as Abramovic subsidising the ticket prices out of his own pocket so that Chelsea fans can see a better "product".

Looking at Murmon's table, a Chelsea season ticket is £595. At this rate, without Roman Abramovic's subsidy, perhaps Chelsea fans should be watching Crouch instead of Drogba and Matty Jarvis instead of Hazard.

Even when you look at the likes of Arsenal and us, who charge the most (according to that list), we are both multimillion pound companies (and in Arsenal's case, mayb even a billion pound organisation). And yet, the profits that these two clubs make per annum are relatively minimal. So i'm sure theres a genuine argument to suggest that these clubs are not really "fleecing" their fans.

In addition, look at ourselves. I'm sure we'd all be fuming if we sold Bale for less than $40m. If a single player can be worth this much, then ticket prices to watch such "asset" has to reflect this.

To Nutter, Spursalot and ThingOnASpring; I've been saying for tears that spectators for televised matches should get their tickets free, people look at me as if I'm some kind of lunatic, my reasoning is that a match played behind closed doors is deemed to be a punishment whereas as a match with a fantastic atmosphere is deemed to added greatly to the TV experience-we, the fans, are the only difference.

I'll take my logic a little further, with the new TV deal that the PL have recently entered into the clubs can afford to reduce the price of each and every match ticket by £51 and be no worse off than last season.

We're being screwed and paying royally for the privilege. Market forces eh?

To Nutter, Spursalot and ThingOnASpring; I've been saying for tears that spectators for televised matches should get their tickets free, people look at me as if I'm some kind of lunatic, my reasoning is that a match played behind closed doors is deemed to be a punishment whereas as a match with a fantastic atmosphere is deemed to added greatly to the TV experience-we, the fans, are the only difference.

I'll take my logic a little further, with the new TV deal that the PL have recently entered into the clubs can afford to reduce the price of each and every match ticket by £51 and be no worse off than last season.

We're being screwed and paying royally for the privilege. Market forces eh?

Absolutely right the fans play a massive part in the theatre of the occasion, with out them the players would not perform to the standards they do.

Back