• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scottish Football

No one is interested except a bitter vocal section of the Celtic support. A small group by the way.
Hmrc are hoping eventually people will get fed up with it and stop launching appeals, the money is unrecoverable anyway, they are only trying to save face. What happens is they win the next one and its 2-2, does it go to extra time, then penalties? Or golden goal?

Brechin City goalkeeper Graeme Smith has admitted that Saturday’s gaffe when he turned up at the wrong stadium for his side’s meeting with Stenhousemuir was not the first time he has got his wires crossed over the venue for a match.

Smith, who mistakenly arrived at Stenhousemuir’s Ochilview Park for the Scottish League One match before realising it was a home match, had to drive 89 miles to make it to Glebe Park for kick off. The 32-year-old eventually made it in time but could not prevent his side from slipping to a 2-1 defeat that kept them bottom of the table.

In an interview with the Daily Record, Smith said he will have to be more prepared having revealed he made a similar mistake during his youth team days with Rangers.

“I thought it was a bit strange when I arrived as I didn’t see any of the City players and Alan Grieve our kit man who’s always early was nowhere to be seen,” he said.

“When I saw another team arrive with different coloured track suits it suddenly clicked that I was in the wrong place. I phoned my wife to find out where I should be and she told me we were playing at Glebe Park.

“That left me with just under an hour and a half to get myself to Glebe Park which is just over 85 miles away. Luckily the roads were fine and I arrived 25 minutes before kick-off.

Smith added: “Incredibly, this is not the first time it’s happened to me as when I was a kid with Rangers I remember turning up to the wrong ground.

“It’s something that I don’t want to make a habit of so I’ll be keeping a close look at the fixture card in future.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/23/brechin-graeme-smith-wrong-ground

What about that team funded by Roman Abramovich? Strip them of all medals, I say

We'd get a league cup out of it. Maybe we'd end up having to play Portsmouth at Wembley to decide the winner of the winner of the 2010 FA Cup :p

?..“That left me with just under an hour and a half to get myself to Glebe Park which is just over 85 miles away. Luckily the roads were fine and I arrived 25 minutes before kick-off...

So even though they lost, he still might be getting three points.

Cg1X-XHU8AAo1vQ.jpg

What a pathetic bunch.

Literally can't believe what I'm watching. On SSN the Celtic players celebrating winning the Mickey Mouse league like its the champions league!! Don't they realise that every domestic honour counts for nothing?? What a pathetic league and attitude.

I know a Celtic fan and I said to him he doesn't really count the league surely and he was shocked I'd suggested it!! Haha.

if I was a Celtic player I'd be embarrassed by this season, they made hard work of a one horse race

you don't celebrate par

Seriously, you're begrudging a team celebrating the league title. What would expect them to do? Slope off the pitch with their heads down? I get that it was easy for Celtic but that's the hand they were dealt.

Obviously the big problem with Scottish football is the dwindling lack of interest outside of Scotland itself. The dominance of the old firm and spectacle of those matches was the life support system for the league, and it's now been unplugged. Rangers and Hibs back in the top flight is critical for the league's popularity but even with those back it will take years to get back to where it was, which was only mildly interesting to begin with. It's a start though and I for one will be tuning in the the old firm next season. They are great matches and I have a feeling next season they will have a little extra something.

Seriously, you're begrudging a team celebrating the league title. What would expect them to do? Slope off the pitch with their heads down? I get that it was easy for Celtic but that's the hand they were dealt.

Obviously the big problem with Scottish football is the dwindling lack of interest outside of Scotland itself. The dominance of the old firm and spectacle of those matches was the life support system for the league, and it's now been unplugged. Rangers and Hibs back in the top flight is critical for the league's popularity but even with those back it will take years to get back to where it was, which was only mildly interesting to begin with. It's a start though and I for one will be tuning in the the old firm next season. They are great matches and I have a feeling next season they will have a little extra something.

They're the only reason anyone would bid more than a bag of crisps for the television rights, but that's also what is killing the league. There's no interest in the other clubs because they're brick and they're brick because their resources are dwarfed by the big two.

We shouldn't forget that Scotland is a tiny nation, no bigger than Norway or Denmark. The odd CL group stage appearance or EL run is their level.

They're the only reason anyone would bid more than a bag of crisps for the television rights, but that's also what is killing the league. There's no interest in the other clubs because they're brick and they're brick because their resources are dwarfed by the big two.

We shouldn't forget that Scotland is a tiny nation, no bigger than Norway or Denmark. The odd CL group stage appearance or EL run is their level.

Well that is my point. The league is only interesting because of the old firm and though you say that duoply was killing the league I would suggest that was the only thing keeping it from slipping into football obscurity, as can be seen now over the last few seasons.

Well that is my point. The league is only interesting because of the old firm and though you say that duoply was killing the league I would suggest that was the only thing keeping it from slipping into football obscurity, as can be seen now over the last few seasons.

As a league it's still worthless. Having the Old Firm just means it will be broadcast a few more places, but hardly anyone will watch the other teams.

As a league it's still worthless. Having the Old Firm just means it will be broadcast a few more places, but hardly anyone will watch the other teams.
It is not worthless mate, just 'worthless' to those who don't care about it. Having the league broadcast a few more places as you say is far better than where it is now.

it's not that they are celebrating, it's the level of celebration, which should match the achievement

when Leicester make it official they should go absolutely go bonkers, it's going to be the peak of the clubs existence

Celtic have finished about 30 points worse off than pre season expectations, for about the 5th season in a row, by all means do a lap of honour (no more than one) and applaud the fans then get out of there, nobody is surprised and nobody is impressed, inside the club either by the sounds of it as the manager is being moved on

the PL equivalent would be for United to have an open top bus parade and name the stadium after LvG should they sneak into fourth, the absolute bare minimum of acceptability

Brendon Rogers hotly tipped for next Celtic manager. Has his stock really fallen that low?

Celtic are a huge club and all but the wages will be crap, there's little money to spend and no glory in winning that league.

Brendon Rogers hotly tipped for next Celtic manager. Has his stock really fallen that low?

Celtic are a huge club and all but the wages will be crap, there's little money to spend and no glory in winning that league.

I think his stock was always over valued. He has had one success and that was down to Suarez, really was.

Other than that, Reading, Swansea and poor at Liverpool, its a great fit for him up there and Celtic fans in their bubble will massage his ego

Back