• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

According to Sky Italy :)lol:) it's done:

Gianluca Di Marzio @dimarzio

Today medical test for Scott #Parker with @OfficialQPR: deal just done with @SpursOfficial

Is this for real or just speculaton. Need to drop him from my prem fantasy football team as backup midfielder if true (bargain at 4.5m). Source?

another Brit on his way out

thanks for the pirouettes Scotty

tumblr_m5m4d7rWAj1ry4aqmo1_500.jpg

all the best to him, he was brilliant for a while

yep, shame we didn't get him a bit earlier in his career - right time for him to move on now, would have expected him to attract interest from premiership sides so QPR must still be offering high wages

Spurs have agreed to sell Scott Parker to QPR.

The player will have his medical today

Has this been announced?

A good move for all concerned if it happens. Given our signings, the return of Sandro and the rumours of Capoue, he was unlikely to get much (if any) game time with us this year. He could probably still do a job for a bottom-half premiership team, but at QPR he's likely to be a guaranteed starter under Harry (and on good wages). I genuinely wish him the best of luck. I thought his form dropped a bit last season, but up until then he'd been a great player for us... and "exactly the right player at the right time for us" as THFC6061 says.

I appreciate what he did for us for a period, but if I'm being totally honest I'm not sorry to see him go. He was on the decline for a season or more and it was hurting us really. He's a good guy and all the best to him.

If Jake's loan departure is confirmed then I wonder will AVB keep Thudd around or will Carroll step up.

a big mate of Jamie Redknapp.....i wonder where Redknapp will get his daily Bale is unhappy updates from now :-k

Dam, sad to see him go, was one of my fave players here.

But as most of you said, he was great for a while and then just kinda lost it through age or injuries, oh well, Sandro is already here to fill that gap.

Was brilliant the season before last. In decline last year.
Best for both parts for him to leave now - will probably be good for QPR.

All the best!

Wish we'd had him on board years earlier. Would have been Martin Jol's kinda player.

Appreciate everything he did for us. Left it all out there and it's harsh to criticize him if his play at latter stages wasn't up to previous standards. Can't say he wasn't giving it his all while others were out there dawdling.

Wish we'd had him on board years earlier. Would have been Martin Jol's kinda player.

Appreciate everything he did for us. Left it all out there and it's harsh to criticize him if his play at latter stages wasn't up to previous standards. Can't say he wasn't giving it his all while others were out there dawdling.

If we had had him instead of Zokora then who knows what Jol could have achieved.

Been an excellent signing for us, just a shame we couldn't give him CL football. It is the right time for him to move on though, for all parties concerned. Surprised he is dropping down a division if he does go. He is definitely good enough as a Premiership regular for at least half the teams.

Hasn't been officialy announced yet so I hold out some hope that we are keeping him. I think he is perfect to play in the early European fixtures and certain games in the league. I would have been more inclined to allow him to leave in the January window when we knew what competitions we had advanced and just how much cover we needed for the run-in.

And we dont seem to be targetting any new British players.

I am not well up with the rule, but dont we have to have a certain amount of Btitish born players in the matchday 18?

Walker,Dawson,Rose,Lennon,Townsend, Defoe if stays are all around the first 18.....

I am not well up with the rule, but dont we have to have a certain amount of Btitish born players in the matchday 18?

No.

- Clubs register a squad of up to 25 players, which must include at least eight 'home-grown' players, at the end of each transfer window.
- Home-grown players do not have to be English; home-grown players are defined as those who "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday"
- Clubs can supplement squad with unlimited number of players under the age of 21.

- Changes can be made only during transfer windows, although in exceptional circumstances (eg goalkeeping injury crisis) moves could be allowed.
- Players loaned to Football League clubs cannot be replaced, but can regain their spot on return to parent club.
- Rules apply only to Premier League matches, not European, FA Cup or League Cup action.

I think as a club having British players around should be something we look for, but not at the expense of an immediate upgrade in quality.

We will have to produce them ourselves or sign them young and then develop them to become good enough.

Back