• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott parker, VDV and Gallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

africanspurs

Justin Edinburgh
Singled out these three because for one reason or the other haven't really been setting our recent run of game alight.

VDV due to injuries

gallas due to injuries

parker going off the boil and trying to be a mini dictator in midfield (the latter point not a bad thing by any means of the imagination but it just hasnt really been coming off for him)

VDV:- i've had issues with this guy after a few game at the start of the season, but i have to say that in his games lately , no matter the result we got i feel he has played very well and done what was asked of him. more disciplined in his movement and working hard in a smart less energy wasting way that he has or at least than i personally perceived earlier this season. The guy did a good job today with working back, being careful with the ball, some deft one touch passes to keep possesion and to release players etc etc

Gallas :- he came back and Harry put him in the rotation. nuff said..the guy is class..end of story. a winner and winning mentality. Something that VDV also has as well, they may not perform in some big games but the fact of the matter is that big games DONT scare them and i think the players feed off of that

Parker:- Think Punk is back and a few other...(MLK comes to mind in what he thought parker should do more off) and quite a few other guys come to think of it........need to take a bow. Parker today was as good as i have seen, and i think we wall have seen, this year. Why? cause he went back to the basics and did what he does best, marshall the back four , track runners and just give simple passes to the more creative players. he still doesnt release the ball as quickly as i once imagined (key word here as i was convinced in the past that he did? maybe i was wrong) but he got rid of it fast enough today. and his movement for me wasnt as erratic with him trying to make things happen by running and occupying advanced positions and trying to make telling plays / passes (all things that i am convinced he has in his locker and can actually do to a good degree..the only ting is that when on bad form and low confidence you just have to learn how to breathe again without thinking of it and just get back to the basics. He did that today and i think he was great

Special mention IMO to other players like Adebayor (should have scored IMO but outside of that and a few bad touches, played like this was a cup game and worked his socks of and held the ball decent yady yada yada),,,,,,....sandro (then livermore), helping scott parker ALOT and making sure that parker could focus primarily on what he's there for,

...fudge it...and all the rest of the tottenham players and the fans that backed them at the game and through this unfortunate low confidence ridden run. I think we are out of it after the goal from VDV against stoke personally and we should by GHod's grace hopefully kick on from now till the end of the season. Not another top 6 team in sight. Let arsenal and chelsea and city take points off of each other for a change, our time in the meat grinder is over

great game today

They are the only 3 players we have with genuine winning mentality.

The summer we bought Rafa and Gallas in was the time we stopped being pluky victims and started acting like a serious team.

Incidentally they are the 3 most vocal Spurs players on the pitch. Our will to win comes from them. Makes a huge change from years past when the only vocal player on the pitch was Keane moaning at anyone in earshot.

Very happy to see Gallas bossing people around on the pitch

That was right after Cheatski had burst through the steely Spurs midfield like a flimsy piece of wet toilet paper. Twice. Good for him.

Parker and Sandro are good when they are tethered in front of the centre backs - but they should never break out and try to be footballers, leaving a gaping orifice in behind, begging to be plundered.

It was annoying that Chelseas most basic tactic of a simple ball over the top caught us out time and again

It did didn't it. It was frightening how many times they caught us with it but Chelsea are embarrassing generally. I mean they're the home team and they didn't even try to nick a win. They did nothing at all except long ball over top, long ball over top, long ball over top. Second half that brick stopped working thank fudge.

It was annoying that Chelseas most basic tactic of a simple ball over the top caught us out time and again

It caught Kaboul out time and again you mean. I thought Gallas dealt with it quite well except for one occasion where he skied a header. However in defence of Kaboul and Gallas I don't blame any player being out muscled by Drogba, the guy is a beast.

William Gallas has signed for Australian club Perth Glory.

A bit strange, as I think he could still do a very decent job for a mid-table Premier League team, but there you go!

A5900_zps55a996e6.jpg

William Gallas has signed for Australian club Perth Glory.

A bit strange, as I think he could still do a very decent job for a mid-table Premier League team, but there you go!

You actually went back page by page to find this thread which is more than 16 months old ? You must have lot of free time.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back