• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Re: Sandro - Legend

Guys .. Why are you idolising Sandro? He's a ball winner only. Can't distribute. Doesn't create anything, scores one goal per season maybe.

Dave Mackay could destroy, distribute and score goals.

Scotty Parker wins the ball, gets the team ticking, is a leader.*

Dembele wins the ball, glides past the opposition and brings other players in to games.

Sandro is just a ball winner and an unintelligent one at that getting booked stupidly at times !

Yes Sandro destroys but that's all isn't it ?

WUM or clueless. One of the two.

Sandro is not just a ball-winner; he is an exceptionally good ball-winner and has shown potential to improve other aspects of his game as well.

Playing with the likes of Dembele should really help him improve his game with the ball at his feet as well - he certainly has the capability to carry the ball (compared to Parker say), as exemplified with his long-bursting drives forward with the ball.

I also think it is very unfair to label him unintelligent. He shows great intelligence in terms of positioning and anticipation at times - if you look at our second goal versus Villa, Sandro was charging back and began sliding in to cut out Benteke's pull back almost before it had left his foot.

You could argue his distribution let's him down, which is true - but this is more down to technique rather than anything else. He spots the passes, but sometimes fails in his execution. At 22, there is plenty of scope for this aspect of his game to improve.

Scary how good he could be when he hits his peak!

Guys .. Why are you idolising Sandro? He's a ball winner only. Can't distribute. Doesn't create anything, scores one goal per season maybe.

Dembele wins the ball, glides past the opposition and brings other players in to games.

Sandro is just a ball winner and an unintelligent one at that getting booked stupidly at times !

fudging dumbest post of the year, bar none.

I dont think its dumb but the point could have been better and more eloquently put maybe.

The thing is I rate Parker above Sandro but only because Parker kind of gives us that calmness that solidity in midfield. Sandro can be a wild one at times. I love both and Sandro is clearly the future and has played well this season but Parker against Villa even for 20 or so minutes, had a masterclass performance.

Im far too young to have watched Dave Mackay, but in any case I havent the foggiest what he has to do with Sandro. This whole "he doesnt create anything" stuff is beginning to get on my nerves...its such an English-fan view of things: the idea that every player must make really OBVIOUS, spectacular match-winning contributions in every minute of every game. Destroyers, and Sandro in particular, create BY destroying. The amount of times I've seen Sandro win the ball from a player, and in a way that immediately starts a counter attack, is startling. His sheer energy and physical presence are a major factor in getting us going, both defensively and offensively. Yes, he's not the man to play a defence splitting pass, but are you saying Parker is? As for the Parker comparisons...if i were a playmaker I'd rather play against Parker than Sandro. For all of parker's qualities, he's not the most dynamic destroyer in the world...he snaps at players, yes, but I'd say Sandro is better at imposing himself on his opposite number. He also has more stamina, covers ground quicker, provides more of an aerial presence at set pieces...would parker have been able to make the sliding interception that sandro made before our second goal against Villa, for instance? As for the "leader" stuff...when we were getting overrun last season Parker was in the same boat as everyone else...sure, he's a good influence off the pitch, and on it, but I think that in terms of leadership people are still living off of that tear-inducing team talk he gave for west ham a couple of years back. sandro/Dembele is a more rounded combination than Parker/dembele imho

Why?

He does get booked stupidly (those this is gradually improving) and he does have diabolical distribution. Against Villa he gave away ball after ball after ball. Ironic how Gallas is constantly criticised for his passing yet his distribution is a million times better than Sandro's.

He is an exceptional ball winner though...

Forgot to add that Sandro is in the "everything he does is magic" select group of Spurs players who apparently can do no wrong...

His distribution of the ball gets brick on on this board. He isn't even that bad. Dembele, Lennon and Walker all give the ball away more than him and against Villa, Vertonghen gave the ball away more than him.

he isn't there to slide balls through. He's there to win it back and maintain possession which he does superbly. Other than Bale and perhaps Dembele, I'd say Sandro would get into EVERY team in the Premier League. Probably every team in the world actually. Although due to his passing not being Leon Britton succesful stat wise, I doubt Barca would start him, although I rate him much higher than Song and they signed him.

Forgot to add that Sandro is in the "everything he does is magic" select group of Spurs players who apparently can do no wrong...

I dont think its that, more that the post would have you believe that Sandro doesnt deserve his place, as if we could pluck any ball-winner from the championship to do the job. He obviously has his faults, but he is clearly a very effective cog in our team...the stats and the eye support that. Granted, hotspurfc1950 was more questioning than scathing, but to me his post seemed more like a MOTD informed opinion, as opposed to looking at the bigger picture. From what I've seen Sandro is improving all the time, particularly as he's given more responsibility in the team/squad, and I cant help but see Parker as a useful but ultimately regressive option [if he's talking about playing one or the other]. The way Sandro dovetails with Dembele is intergral to us controlling games, and i think he'll become more assured with time and a quality playmaker in the midfield in front of him...he's having to do slightly more than he's suited to at the moment.

His distribution of the ball gets brick on on this board. He isn't even that bad. Dembele, Lennon and Walker all give the ball away more than him and against Villa, Vertonghen gave the ball away more than him.

he isn't there to slide balls through. He's there to win it back and maintain possession which he does superbly. Other than Bale and perhaps Dembele, I'd say Sandro would get into EVERY team in the Premier League. Probably every team in the world actually. Although due to his passing not being Leon Britton succesful stat wise, I doubt Barca would start him, although I rate him much higher than Song and they signed him.

Obviously need the stats but having seen the game twice I cannot agree that Dembele gave the ball away but that's beside the point.

My gripe with Sandro is not that I expect him to do Hoddlesque or even Modric type passes but at least not give the ball away in dangerous areas through unrealistic passes that he is unlikely to pull. If he is limited in his distribution capacity then he should keep it simple and just give the ball to someone who can distribute better. If there is one thing I love about Parker is that the guy knows his limitations and strengths and plays to them to perfection.

Obviously need the stats but having seen the game twice I cannot agree that Dembele gave the ball away but that's beside the point.

My gripe with Sandro is not that I expect him to do Hoddlesque or even Modric type passes but at least not give the ball away in dangerous areas through unrealistic passes that he is unlikely to pull. If he is limited in his distribution capacity then he should keep it simple and just give the ball to someone who can distribute better. If there is one thing I love about Parker is that the guy knows his limitations and strengths and plays to them to perfection.

I don't think Sandro gives the ball away in dangerous areas. When we are on the attack he might occasionally give the ball away instead of look for the simple ball, but you can't blame him for trying to set something up. I remember slating Modric almost on a weekly basis for giving silly balls away in our own half! But we know what he was capable of so nothing got said.

That is the only thing I'd say Parker has over Sandro. He keeps the ball better and can spin around in a circle better.

I don't think Sandro gives the ball away in dangerous areas. When we are on the attack he might occasionally give the ball away instead of look for the simple ball, but you can't blame him for trying to set something up. I remember slating Modric almost on a weekly basis for giving silly balls away in our own half! But we know what he was capable of so nothing got said.

That is the only thing I'd say Parker has over Sandro. He keeps the ball better and can spin around in a circle better.

:)

I agree - I know it was Villa and all that, but you could see Parker's influence immediately he came on. We definitely moved the ball out of defence much better with him on the pitch.

:)

I agree - I know it was Villa and all that, but you could see Parker's influence immediately he came on. We definitely moved the ball out of defence much better with him on the pitch.

I agree. It's great that we can bring Parker on for Dembele or Sandro now he is fit as opposed to bringing Hudd or Livermore on (no disrespect to both of them). I love how Parker gets the ball, looks comfortable on it and finds a pass, it's refreshing to see. He's the sort of player we have missed. I mean when we've been in the lead in games, like West Brom, Norwich, Everton etc. if we have had Parker to bring on late instead of bringing Hudd on or Livermore etc I have no doubt we'd of seen a lot more of those games out.

Watching him play, you can tell he's playing under instruction. Arry wanted him to play deep and I think AVB has the same idea. I get the feeling that Sandro wants to surge forward like a Vieira but there are sudden changes in his movement (drops back). With Dembele there seems a great understanding where they both do their roles however when Parker came on, he looked a little more confused in his role (watch the last 20 mins).

I think him and MD will form a great partnership - there already is chemistry there. He's only 22, a big character and someone we need to nurture. If he is still here in 3 years time then I think we are going to see something very special.

Oh and as for the Mackay bit. Footie has changed incredibaly. Sandro makes tackles that would have seemed standard in DM's day - nowadays, those tackles are a yellow - you can even see the frustration in Sandro when this happens.

Oh and as for the Mackay bit. Footie has changed incredibaly. Sandro makes tackles that would have seemed standard in DM's day - nowadays, those tackles are a yellow - you can even see the frustration in Sandro when this happens.

I agree. Sandro to me doesn't seem like an angry or frustrated person, more cool and calm so it is amazing when you see him pull off a great tackle and he's warned/cautioned for it, you see his emotion run out of him and he gets animated.

My name is Sandro Raniere
My squad number's 30
I come from a team in Brazil- Inter!
When I walk down the street
All the people I meet
They say, Hey gorgeous, what's your name
My name's Sandro Raniere

Ahhhhh memories...NICOLA!!!!!!

Back