• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

Do you really think he could turn it around and be a great player for spurs?
I'm hopeful due to the talent he has and I do believe that he's mismanaged while at Spurs. Other than Poch who brought him in (and he performed to expectation under him) he's played for coaches who fundamentally do not want the type of player he is in their midfield.

He could and should have adapted better but the defensive and reactive coaches we've recently hired certainly haven't helped.
He's shown no willingness to run or work hard, and given no clue htat he has the required level of fitness or mentality/determination to succeed. He's a passenger
Sure, all true to an extent, but he doesn't lack mobility. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I'm hopeful due to the talent he has and I do believe that he's mismanaged while at Spurs. Other than Poch who brought him in (and he performed to expectation under him) he's played for coaches who fundamentally do not want the type of player he is in their midfield.

He could and should have adapted better but the defensive and reactive coaches we've recently hired certainly haven't helped. Sure, all true to an extent, but he doesn't lack mobility. [emoji28]

??

He was bang average under Poch and dropped for not being fit enough. The only manager who got anything out of him for a short while was Jose.

??

He was bang average under Poch and dropped for not being fit enough. The only manager who got anything out of him for a short while was Jose.
He wasnt dropped under Poch, he got injured. By the time he recovered from his injury Poch had been sacked.

He wasnt dropped under Poch, he got injured. By the time he recovered from his injury Poch had been sacked.

He was injured
But he wasn’t shining by any means
He was playing and that’s about as much as could be said

Injured/not fit enough, whatever, it doesn’t really matter. To suggest he was performing for Poch though is a stretch at best.

Injured/not fit enough, whatever, it doesn’t really matter. To suggest he was performing for Poch though is a stretch at best.
I wasn't saying he was performing exceptionally, but he was one of our better players in that short time period and when he got injured our overall performances dropped further which lead to Poch's eventual sacking.

To say he was brick for Poch (you didn't) would be untrue. He was performing about par for a new player to the country in a new system for a team that was going through transition after a few years of neglect.

I wasn't saying he was performing exceptionally, but he was one of our better players in that short time period and when he got injured our overall performances dropped further which lead to Poch's eventual sacking.

To say he was brick for Poch (you didn't) would be untrue. He was performing about par for a new player to the country in a new system for a team that was going through transition after a few years of neglect.

Yeh and you have to wonder what would have been in store for him had the Poch era extended

I have been a huge critic of his in the past, my point is that given his clear high ceiling of talent, if anyone from our band of foot out the door merchants are worth a look or line in the sand, its him and Reggie IMO

Yeh and you have to wonder what would have been in store for him had the Poch era extended

I have been a huge critic of his in the past, my point is that given his clear high ceiling of talent, if anyone from our band of foot out the door merchants are worth a look or line in the sand, its him and Reggie IMO
People really do have short memories and Ndombele has really hurt many fan's feelings to the extent that they don't actually remember how things were.

He got 2 goals and 1 assist in his first 5 games for us. If that were any other player no would call that below average. None were calling it meh at the time, but time and his subsequent performances or lack of have clouded memories somewhat.

I agree on Reggie as well, he's got a talent. For me he's our best LB until Udogie shows otherwise. He can defend importantly and he's a good support in attack, not so much for the final piece but he makes good runs.

If Ange and it's a big if, can get the pair of them performing for us we will have two very good talents available.

People really do have short memories and Ndombele has really hurt many fan's feelings to the extent that they don't actually remember how things were.

He got 2 goals and 1 assist in his first 5 games for us. If that were any other player no would call that below average. None were calling it meh at the time, but time and his subsequent performances or lack of have clouded memories somewhat.

I agree on Reggie as well, he's got a talent. For me he's our best LB until Udogie shows otherwise. He can defend importantly and he's a good support in attack, not so much for the final piece but he makes good runs.

If Ange and it's a big if, can get the pair of them performing for us we will have two very good talents available.

And if you think of it realistically and logically, he was signed for a huge amount of money with alot of expectation, he is still a Spurs player, the only thing thats changed is time. He is 26, if we can get a tune from him, why not?

Scored on debut and got an assist in his second game, missed a game or 2 and performances went down hill fast from there. There were grumblings at the time under Poch and the narrative when Jose came in was can he turn him around or will tough love alienate him further (all the Pogba comparisons). Definitely played better under Jose’s time at the club ultimately.

For sure though memories do get scewed on Ndombele.

He could and should have adapted better but the defensive and reactive coaches we've recently hired certainly haven't helped. Sure, all true to an extent, but he doesn't lack mobility. [emoji28]

Then why did lyon and napoli loan him if they didn't want that type of player?

Then why did lyon and napoli loan him if they didn't want that type of player?
Sorry, to be clear I meant Mourinho and Conte. He is a Spaletti style player and I can't remeber who the Lyon coach was at the time. He did ok at Napoli, nothing amazing.

Back