• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

You’ve not even seen Phillips mate.
It doesnt matter. If Gala are going to £ up for Sanchez and Lo Celso, we just need fringe overseas players out the door

15 games in 15 weeks, and CBs rarely get injured. Its not really a gamble. Royal at CB would perhaps be an option too

It doesnt matter. If Gala are going to £ up for Sanchez and Lo Celso, we just need fringe overseas players out the door

15 games in 15 weeks, and CBs rarely get injured. Its not really a gamble. Royal at CB would perhaps be an option too
He has never played there

For me its a balance between what the club sees as progress on and off the pitch. We finished 8th with some of the players we are fretting about getting rid of and although Phillips is young and unexposed would the club see it as risk reward to give him a chance which may only be the difference between say 7th or 8th this year IF it means he develops through experience and goes on to develop into a fine option next year? I mean he was purchased for a reason, they must see something in him. I'm not saying it does not come with risks, but you weigh up what those are

For me its a balance between what the club sees as progress on and off the pitch. We finished 8th with some of the players we are fretting about getting rid of and although Phillips is young and unexposed would the club see it as risk reward to give him a chance which may only be the difference between say 7th or 8th this year IF it means he develops through experience and goes on to develop into a fine option next year? I mean he was purchased for a reason, they must see something in him. I'm not saying it does not come with risks, but you weigh up what those are
Postie was supposed to be about pathways for young players. It better to give say Phillips 5 x 20 minute spells this autumn than a Dier/Sanchez who'll be gone next May no matter what happens.

Postie was supposed to be about pathways for young players. It better to give say Phillips 5 x 20 minute spells this autumn than a Dier/Sanchez who'll be gone next May no matter what happens.

if the quality is in theory going to drop off, or you think it is, at least you have an end goal with playing Phillips, if and when needed. Also its likely one of the CBs like Davies will be before him in the line, so all in all, I think its much of a muchness with a more positive movement towards future Spurs

I thought we could have got more for Sanchez, but will be good to move them both on.

I would rather see us give the youngsters a chance than keep playing Dier or Sanchez.

He is a waster as you say. Probably our worse ever signing when you take in how much he cost.

I had such high hopes for him, he has such talent. I really hope for his own sake that he's okay and that not fulfilling his talent doesn't keep him awake at night when he retires.

Hard to remember a worse signing even though we've had a few high value flops.

I had such high hopes for him, he has such talent. I really hope for his own sake that he's okay and that not fulfilling his talent doesn't keep him awake at night when he retires.

No one knows but i do not think it will bother him that much, he will be too busy counting his money for doing nothing.

I do think this not fulfilling their talent thing tends not to bother footballers, it's no different in the real world for the masses. I can draw my own comparisons, from school age I was labelled as intelligent but lethargic and that continued right through to working age in the city where I haven't gone quite as high up yet as I could have, had I really knuckled down.

But I've done well enough to earn decent money and have a comfortable living, and I sleep just fine. For the likes of NDombele? They are me x1000 never having to worry about anything financially and all whilst playing the game they love.

It's only the smallest percentage of professional footballers that reach the very top levels of football. And for those that have the ability to but don't get there, most of them I doubt it bothers them in the slightest. If it did, they would have done something about it....

Back