• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

Shame they can’t pass or retain the ball
I'm not sure if I agree with that re Reguilion. I would also say he's arguably the best crosser of the ball at the club after Perisic which is worth something. Defensively he's also a million times better than Sessengnon.

My expectation is of course that Udogie is the man for both an attacking role and competency defensively speaking.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I'm not sure if I agree with that re Reguilion. I would also say he's arguably the best crosser of the ball at the club after Perisic which is worth something. Defensively he's also a million times better than Sessengnon.

My expectation is of course that Udogie is the man for both an attacking role and competency defensively speaking.

He’s really not. I’ve seen Sessegnon mark Salah and Saka out of games, Regi could never do that. I think his absence has made some people misremember his performances for us.

He’s really not. I’ve seen Sessegnon mark Salah and Saka out of games, Regi could never do that. I think his absence has made some people misremember his performances for us.

I think sessegnon could be converted into a good left back.

I’d have sess and udogie on the left and emerson and spence on the right.

So I’d get rid of rodon, dier, tanganga, sanchez, davies, reguilon, perisic and porro

When did he mark Saka out of the game? The same match were he backed of and off until Saka was in our 6 yard box to cross across the box? Sess is terrible defensively.

I'm not mistemembering I've always said he's poor defensively, just look through his thread. I'm very consistent on this. [emoji1787]

I'd expect more than just putting in a shift, pity that's all they really give (maybe a bit harsh on PEH).

I don’t think that’s all either put in, but I think it’s the most important thing for a player to do, and not all of our players do it reliably.

I think sessegnon could be converted into a good left back.

I’d have sess and udogie on the left and emerson and spence on the right.

So I’d get rid of rodon, dier, tanganga, sanchez, davies, reguilon, perisic and porro
So leaving us needing to sign 4 CBs (preferably at least one that can cover more than CB), two FBs that are young and yet to show they are good enough at this level, and another FB that is injured more than he plays.
Sounds like a plan.

I don’t think that’s all either put in, but I think it’s the most important thing for a player to do, and not all of our players do it reliably.
If a player isn't good enough it doesn't matter how big of a shift they put in.

Reggie can’t mark a man
And IMO can’t cross
He can run
He is the Forrest Gump of full backs
Shame because i thought he would become world class for us

If a player isn't good enough it doesn't matter how big of a shift they put in.

If they don’t put the effort in it doesn’t matter how much ability they have.

I think lack of effort has hurt us more than lack of ability in recent years.

If they don’t put the effort in it doesn’t matter how much ability they have.

I think lack of effort has hurt us more than lack of ability in recent years.
Who hasn't put in the effort? Has Lloris's drop-off been down to lack of effort?
Drop-off in ability and brick tactics is what has hurt us.

Who hasn't put in the effort? Has Lloris's drop-off been down to lack of effort?
Drop-off in ability and brick tactics is what has hurt us.

I think at times last season everyone in the squad was guilty of it, and yes, some of Hugo's performances were him not being arsed, its not just on the pitch performance, its preparation too.

I even saw PEH do it, that I was so shocked by it is why I like him.

A defender who is terrible on the ball is not a good fit for Spain!

Have you watched much of La Liga? It's not slow, positioning is even more important and they absolutely expect a defender to be at the very least confident and comfortable on the ball. You can't really say that about Sanchez.

I imagine that's probably why he hasn't had much interest from Spain.

Yeah plenty, it's a slower league than the PL and like any league it has it's share of stronger and weaker players. You make it sound like everyone there is super quick, with expert positioning and comfortable on the ball which isn't the case at all.

So leaving us needing to sign 4 CBs (preferably at least one that can cover more than CB), two FBs that are young and yet to show they are good enough at this level, and another FB that is injured more than he plays.
Sounds like a plan.

Sign 3 CB’s as we’d still have Romero.

I’d keep Davies actually as an emergency player for centre back and left back. So 4th choice centre back and 3rd choice left back.

Ideally sign Tapsoba and Tosin to complete the 4 CB options.

Also sign Phillips to either send on loan for his first season or play with our u21s.

Back