• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Come on lads, this does stink of a "sexy" thing to do. Levy says yes ok you sign Fazio first, but we shake on it and have Berahino afterwards? Yes of course Mr Levy you are a trustworthy guy so we will do this for you.

Boom. Mugged off proper like a towie geezer in Sugar Hut.

Quite the opposite, I'd have thought.

It's always other parties claiming that Spurs haven't honoured some kind of gentleman's agreement. I'd say that there's zero chance that we would have agreed to sell Fazio relatively cheaply to WBA without them also being contractually bound to sell Berahino to us at an agreed price.

Now that the Fazio deal seems to have broken down, it remains to be seen whether the Berahino deal still goes ahead.

Pulls said......

Football people say all sorts of things that they don't actually mean when talking to the press.
I trust him more than the press and ITK. My impression is they may avoid telling parts of the truth, but they don't tell lies.

I trust him more than the press and ITK. My impression is they may avoid telling parts of the truth, but they don't tell lies.

Arf!

They tell lies all the time when it comes to transfers. Come on, fella. I know you weren't born yesterday.

Arsene Wenger: "Player X will not be fit to play Tottenham at the weekend". ;)
I'm talking about real clubs ;)

Seriously though, even Wenger probably said something like "I don't think he will be fit". Besides, it' different when it comes to transfers. Pulis is in a way talking to the West Brom fans, and if it turns out he's lying, they'll never trust him again. I don't think the Arse fans mind Wenger keeping secrets from Spurs.

Arf!

They tell lies all the time when it comes to transfers. Come on, fella. I know you weren't born yesterday.
Don't tell the whole truth, yes, but not blatantly lying. Feel free to give me an example. I don't believe he's lying.

Don't tell the whole truth, yes, but not blatantly lying. Feel free to give me an example. I don't believe he's lying.

He may not have been lying, but doesn't mean that Berahino couldn't be part of the deal. He was saying in the press way back when that he was looking forward to the new season with Palace and a couple of days later he walked out on them. Things change. Being economical with the truth is something a lot of premier league managers do, so whilst today it has "nothing to do with the transfer of Berahino", it could still change. So he's not lying per se...

i thought the idea was to sell them Fazio on the cheap to help facilitate the Berahino deal, thats all ive been reading and hearing

so what now?

We work out something else. ;)

Could be loan them Fazio, it could be they take one of our youngsters on loan, it could be we concentrate solely on Berahino or it could be that we go elsewhere!

i thought the idea was to sell them Fazio on the cheap to help facilitate the Berahino deal, thats all ive been reading and hearing

so what now?

Really? Where have you heard this? People Presume it, but weird how you come to this conclusion and then jump to another one that it's now over. It's all gibberish. Let's just wait and see.

He may not have been lying, but doesn't mean that Berahino couldn't be part of the deal. He was saying in the press way back when that he was looking forward to the new season with Palace and a couple of days later he walked out on them. Things change. Being economical with the truth is something a lot of premier league managers do, so whilst today it has "nothing to do with the transfer of Berahino", it could still change. So he's not lying per se...
Well, if he's not lying it's not a part of the deal. Doesn't mean he won't sign eventually, though.

There have been countless instances of managers claiming that they won't do any more business in the transfer window before buying a player or two or three in the final few days. Countless instances of managers claiming that such and such a player won't be sold.....shortly before that player is sold. Countless instances of managers claiming that they aren't trying to buy such and and such a player.....shortly before buying that player.

But even if you have somehow managed to miss every such instance and insist that managers are only guilty of sometimes not telling the whole truth, then it is perfectly possible to interpret the Pulis quote that we are discussing as merely him not telling the whole truth. What he actually said was:

"That (Fazio) deal has nothing to do with Saido's position at the football club. We want Saido to stay. You never say never but we want him to stay."

Sure, the Fazio deal is technically a separate deal. So he's telling the truth. But it doesn't mean that he's telling the whole truth. It doesn't mean that there isn't also a separate deal in place for Berahino to Spurs. And sure, he does want Berahino to stay. But that doesn't mean that he thinks that Berahino will stay. In fact, his continued repetition of "never say never" suggests quite the opposite.

There have been countless instances of managers claiming that they won't do any more business in the transfer window before buying a player or two or three in the final few days. Countless instances of managers claiming that such and such a player won't be sold.....shortly before that player is sold. Countless instances of managers claiming that they aren't trying to buy such and and such a player.....shortly before buying that player.

But even if you have somehow managed to miss every such instance and insist that managers are only guilty of sometimes not telling the whole truth, then it is perfectly possible to interpret the Pulis quote that we are discussing as merely him not telling the whole truth. What he actually said was:

"That (Fazio) deal has nothing to do with Saido's position at the football club. We want Saido to stay. You never say never but we want him to stay."

Sure, the Fazio deal is technically a separate deal. So he's telling the truth. But it doesn't mean that he's telling the whole truth. It doesn't mean that there isn't also a separate deal in place for Berahino to Spurs. And sure, he does want Berahino to stay. But that doesn't mean that he thinks that Berahino will stay. In fact, his continued repetition of "never say never" suggests quite the opposite.
I was guilty of only reading the press interpretation of the Pulis quotes. I agree this could be interpreted in many ways. I think this is a common mistake we make. For exmple when a manager says that this is not a player we are looking to sell, the press writes that he won't be sold or whatever. It's not the same thing. When Levy said " Luka Modric will not be sold" he wasn't. The next summer the quotes were much less concrete.

There has been interest = Clubs have been told the price
We are not looking to sell = We havent told them the price yet
I want to keep the player = I want to keep everyone onside
We are not selling under any circumstance = He isnt being sold

51V1BTVKV2L.jpg

So, I'm coming over for the Everton game. Anyone thinking he will be in our line up then? I'm afraid I dont think so.
If we get him, it will be late next Monday or up to deadline the day after IMO. Hope I'm wrong though.
The window is closing 6pm on Tuesday?

So, I'm coming over for the Everton game. Anyone thinking he will be in our line up then? I'm afraid I dont think so.
I wouldn't bother coming at all mate.
Berahino is going to Utd, Pogba is going to Cheatski. Spurs are going to sign a 13 year old girl and a teddy bear.
Melt. Down.

Back