• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Ryan on the other hand - I am not so convinced. He is known more for his offensive than defensive ability. That tells me we may have a problem if we sell Rose and Davies gets injured.
I will trust Spurs recruitment if he comes in but mentally I am not yet sure of his ability to play LB at Premier League level.

Wind the clock back 7 years and those exact same statements were being said about a certain Danny Rose.

Teaching a player to defend is no walk in the park but eminently achievable if he has some grey matter and will power... together with a good coach. Teaching a defender to attack, find space, dribble and cross - on the other hand - are very much innate skills that are not that easy to foster in a player....

I have seen enough of AWB to rate him as a good defensive full back. Ryan on the other hand - I am not so convinced. He is known more for his offensive than defensive ability. That tells me we may have a problem if we sell Rose and Davies gets injured.

I will trust Spurs recruitment if he comes in but mentally I am not yet sure of his ability to play LB at Premier League level.
Verts is the best LB at the club. And we are adept at using a back 3

Why was it the easiest to do?

Its all well and good knowing the player wants to come, but when his club demand £45m for a rookie with a year on their deal its far from easy...

Location/player wants to come/within our budget/wages with in our budget/young/English/Parker is the manager/they want some of our players

Location/player wants to come/within our budget/wages with in our budget/young/English/Parker is the manager/they want some of our players

He being young and English would be part of why we want him, not why its easy to sign him.

Im not sure Parker being there is relevant at all, ultimately sorting Spurs out is way down his list of priorities when he has a club to run himself. As Fulham manager Im sure he would very much prefer Sessegnon stay there.

At £45m it clearly is not within our budget - which is an immediate (and often insurmountable) obstacle.

And if they are willing to take players as makeweight (Onomah watching their game the other night suggests he could be involved) there is the added negotiation involved in valuing them, and them agreeing terms.

And of course there is the added element of the ticking clock of Sessegnons contract, the whole deal could collapse if terms cannot be met and he just moves for free in the summer.

I think its a highly complex deal, personally, and far from being the easiest to do.

Back