• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

But if we keep Sessgnon are we then seriously buying a backup LB? What's the sense there? We either think Sess is the backup, so extend his contract and don't buy another or we don't think he is and we do buy someone else as competition. At which point theres no point in keeping him (assuming Ange see him as playing LB).
I think our squad has to be 22 players we can trust, plus kids. Not 15 we can trust and 15 we can't (and no youth pipeline), like we've had for the last 5 years.

Replacing Sessegnon and Regullion with a reliable player more in Udogie's mould is how we do that.

I think our squad has to be 22 players we can trust, plus kids. Not 15 we can trust and 15 we can't (and no youth pipeline), like we've had for the last 5 years.

Replacing Sessegnon and Regullion with a reliable player more in Udogie's mould is how we do that.
I agree
And I rate sessegnon
We really now have to look at the players we have who are constantly broken and think why keep them
We have a number who get injured in training.,, the lamela syndrome. That’s a huge issue for me as that should be more manageable

Making himself unavailable for a different position could be the change he needs.

He's never even had a chance.
Him or Werner? Which one of the two do you give the salary to?

Or try for some else entirely as a long term Son heir?

Give him a season or two, with a stable club and hopefully injury issues behind him. No need to completely write off a 23-year-old for the sake of a couple of million pounds.

Home grown, too. You can probably find a 23 year old grown left winger with fewer injuries, but he would likely be £40m+.

Last edited:
I agree
And I rate sessegnon
We really now have to look at the players we have who are constantly broken and think why keep them
We have a number who get injured in training.,, the lamela syndrome. That’s a huge issue for me as that should be more manageable

You do know that Lamela averaged 32 games a season across all competitions right during his career for Spurs?

He had his injury problems but nothing like as much as people suggest - he played 93 league games in his last four seasons for us, which is only 15 less than Jan Vertonghen, and 13 less than Alderweireld and he was never a guaranteed first choice.

You do know that Lamela averaged 32 games a season across all competitions right during his career for Spurs?

He had his injury problems but nothing like as much as people suggest - he played 93 league games in his last four seasons for us, which is only 15 less than Jan Vertonghen, and 13 less than Alderweireld and he was never a guaranteed first choice.
I know that he was injured in training and never got injured on the pitch

Out of 304 possible league games whilst here he played in 177… that means he was available to play in (assuming he was in the squad which he was when fit) 58% or the time. You may think that’s decent but I don’t

Darren Anderson averaged 64% of the league games whilst here.. and he was called sicknote

I know that he was injured in training and never got injured on the pitch

Out of 304 possible league games whilst here he played in 177… that means he was available to play in (assuming he was in the squad which he was when fit) 58% or the time. You may think that’s decent but I don’t

Darren Anderson averaged 64% of the league games whilst here.. and he was called sicknote

Anderton's problem was he was a better player than Beckham and media couldn't allow that so the sicknote had to be used against him.

he was sicknote before Beckham appeared on the scene.

I dont think he was, his problems started to get worse at turn of century, there were even stories in our ever reliable media that Liverpool were trying to sign him, don't think they would be interested in a crock. I read that Hoddle as England manager thought their crossing was equal but Anderton was better defensively.

Anderton kept surprisingly good company. Ledley King also appears on this list, as do Jonathan Woodgate and Nicky Barmby, although the latter two spent far more of their playing days elsewhere. Edit: same goes for Jamie Redknapp.

Premier League All Time Worst Injury Plagued XI​

Anderton averages 28 appearances a season in a career spenning 18 years - with over 500 top flight games to his name, it's a bit unfair that he's remembered only for his injury troubles.

Anderton averages 28 appearances a season in a career spenning 18 years - with over 500 top flight games to his name, it's a bit unfair that he's remembered only for his injury troubles.
I’m sure when I checked he averaged more games than Roy Keane

I’m sure when I checked he averaged more games than Roy Keane
Turns out I forgot to count Anderton's cup games, meaning he actually averaged 33 appearances a season for 18 years, totalling almost 600 senior games.

A random comparison with Peter Schmeichel shows that the Dane averaged 35 appearances a season for 22 years.

Patrick Vieira averaged 32,6 appearances a year in 18 seasons.

Paul Ince: 33 appearances a year for 20 seasons (his four appearences in the last two seasons of his career not included).

Lee Dixon: Exactly the same as Ince.

Mark Hughes averaged 30,8 appearances a year for 22 seasons.

Andy Cole: 28,2 appearences in 19 seasons.

There's nuances and context here, obviously.

Back