• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Which is the most annoying thing.. he used to be a wing forward scoring goals for Fulham, Now he gets one on one and can't beat a man and is so he feels forced to pass backwards instead!

When you see Perisic and Doherty swing crosses in with ease it's infuriating

To be fair I don’t think he was beating men regularly at Fulham either - think he was more known for his intelligent movement and finishing.

I wonder if after another transfer window or two we'll ever be done debating wing backs, it's such a weird position. I dont think we'll ever have 2 that are great going forward and solid defensively will we!?

Almost no one in the world is, to be fair. Or maybe even no one. Hakimi and TAA are the gold standard for wing backs atm, and you saw how defensively shaky TAA is today - Hakimi is similar.

The best we can get is probably someone like Walker but with a bit more technique - loads of speed and stamina, with the ability to put in a good cross. There will be defensive lapses, but the pace will help with recovering from them.

Otherwise, you accept defensively shaky wing backs as a consequence of having their ability in the attacking third. That's basically what we have in Perisic.

Right now we have the worse of all worlds in Sess and Royal.

Personally I don’t think he’s some brilliant player who’s just lacking balls / confidence - I just don’t think he has the speed and/or skill to beat people.

I really struggle to see anything special in him. He has some pace but has no dribbling ability or even the ability to really consistently beat his man, no jinks, no dummies. If the ball isn't played into space for him nothing really comes of it. In possession I see a poor passer, no vision, no range and poor execution. His crossing is meh, no better than Royal's although hes much more willing to throw a cross in.

The positives are he's a good finisher of a certain type of chance and he has good goal scoring instincts in the box. He probably can be a good system player but he really doesn't seem to offer a great deal. Defensively he seems ok but again nothing special for a WB and quite bad for a LB.

I await Udogie's arrival with great hope. From what I've seen of him, he's very much everything Sess isn't. No doubt somehow we will break him. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I really struggle to see anything special in him. He has some pace but has no dribbling ability or even the ability to really consistently beat his man, no jinks, no dummies. If the ball isn't played into space for him nothing really comes of it. In possession I see a poor passer, no vision, no range and poor execution. His crossing is meh, no better than Royal's although hes much more willing to throw a cross in.

The positives are he's a good finisher of a certain type of chance and he has good goal scoring instincts in the box. He probably can be a good system player but he really doesn't seem to offer a great deal. Defensively he seems ok but again nothing special for a WB and quite bad for a LB.

I await Udogie's arrival with great hope. From what I've seen of him, he's very much everything Sess isn't. No doubt somehow we will break him. [emoji28]

He has all off that
He just so sacred here and isn’t showing it
He really needs to grow up

A boy against men. Is there drug testing during the World Cup break? If not give him and Gil every steroid known to man and lock them in the gym for the next six weeks.

This exactly what I'm talking about in another thread, there's not another team in the world that would let happen.
Bring him down, commit the foul, take the card and regroup.
Oh no not spurs, we don't do that don't you know old boy, thats just not cricket.

I remember Bale's early days he was equally as pathetic, but with brief glimpses of his touch etc. Then suddenly he exploded. Proably too much to hope that it happens to Sess too?

The blame for Sessegnon just shows that some fans fall back on their least-liked player as a spacegoat. You could single out Sanchez for his poor defending, or Doherty. But conceding 2 goals was the fault of a player who was at the edge of their box, and lost the ball?

No wonder his confidence is shaky with our 'fans'.

Last edited:
I remember Bale's early days he was equally as pathetic, but with brief glimpses of his touch etc. Then suddenly he exploded. Proably too much to hope that it happens to Sess too?
Udogie is more like bale
Very explosive and attacking
Real conviction too although I’m sure we could drum that out of him
Sessegnon is, IMO, a real player who just has no belief in his own ability
Add in that more and more fans are joining the chorus of he isn’t good enough and he isn’t going to become more confident or brave

Udogie is more like bale
Very explosive and attacking
Real conviction too although I’m sure we could drum that out of him
Sessegnon is, IMO, a real player who just has no belief in his own ability
Add in that more and more fans are joining the chorus of he isn’t good enough and he isn’t going to become more confident or brave

I'm not anti Sess at all and I don't think i'm a downer against him but I just don't see the immense talent others do. I'd love him to convince otherwise of course but I really struggle to see it. I wonder if his good finishing and goal scoring ability is being mixed up with an overall ability level?

I'm not anti Sess at all and I don't think i'm a downer against him but I just don't see the immense talent others do. I'd love him to convince otherwise of course but I really struggle to see it. I wonder if his good finishing and goal scoring ability is being mixed up with an overall ability level?

The talent for me is the positioning and touch
The negative is what good is it getting in the right positions if you don’t exploit them
He plays always like he petrified, like a very young man. I’d get it in the normal world but in football he has played a lot of games and should believe in his talent more. He had TaA on toast at the weekend yet produced nothing from it apart from when he played instinctively to diers cross back to Perisic. He would normally have taken a touch and checked back IMO

He did well in Germany. Looked comfortable and at ease.

Maybe he is petrified of Conte.

But I think that we have a bunch of senior players who are just not so friendly to the young ones.

Don't see a lot of communication or encouragement or pat on the back with the young players unlike other teams like pool or arsenal.

Maybe Conte's got everyone insecure.

Can we not get Udioge in Jan rather than having to wait until the summer ??
If there was a recall option, I would be torn 50/50 about bringing him back here in January. On the one hand, he seems to be doing really well and it could disrupt his development to take him out midway through the season. Who knows what Conte will do with him and whether he will get any gametime here.
On the other hand, he's a lot better than Sessegnon and should be better to our team play than the current version of Perisic. He theoretically should be able to slot right in without the need for "bedding in time" because he's on a different level to Spence.

All we'd need is Tino Livramento on the other side and that's our wingbacks sorted for the next 5+ years.

The talent for me is the positioning and touch
The negative is what good is it getting in the right positions if you don’t exploit them
He plays always like he petrified, like a very young man. I’d get it in the normal world but in football he has played a lot of games and should believe in his talent more. He had TaA on toast at the weekend yet produced nothing from it apart from when he played instinctively to diers cross back to Perisic. He would normally have taken a touch and checked back IMO
Again not trying to be overly negative about him but I see nothing special about his touch? Seems rather average to me, it's not terrible or anything but it's hardly exceptional. What is it about his touch that impresses you?

Back