• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

No ball on for him there.... We're on a break and yet Arsenal have 6 defensive players to our 3 attacking players. Kane can be excused seeing as he started the break but where is Kulu and where is Doherty? Son just hides himself between Arsenal's two CBs. A confident player would probably hold onto the ball and hope something develops, though the speed at which Arsenal were getting back compared to the speed at which we were committing players to the attack suggests to me that nothing was likely to develop.

Therefore play aimless ball in box? Polite way I can describe him is lack of footballing intelligence and confidence

I think people pick on certain players for bad performances without necessarily looking into the reasons why that player looked poor. Used to happen with Danny Rose as well when Chadli constantly gave him 2 people to defend against.

Despite Sessegnon being hung out to dry defensively yesterday, our two best chances of the game still heavily involved him, one a key pass from him, the other a shot on goal from him. He did everything right for both of those chances yet both of those moments seem to have been ignored by many. If we'd also seen our RWB getting into similar attacking positions yesterday then we may have got something out of the game.

Damage was done by then. 2 appalling crosses when we’d started well and then Let Saka run from the sideline to 8 yards from goal then didn’t block the cross/shot.

As I said. I thought he had a decent 2nd half. Overall tho, he’s not the answer. He’s weak, doesn’t go at his defender and can’t cross.

Damage was done by then. 2 appalling crosses when we’d started well and then Let Saka run from the sideline to 8 yards from goal then didn’t block the cross/shot.

As I said. I thought he had a decent 2nd half. Overall tho, he’s not the answer. He’s weak, doesn’t go at his defender and can’t cross.
But he did cross well last what when setting up goals for son vs pool
Or Doherty vs Leeds
He isn’t Perisic though who has a different level of crossing
But Perisic vs saka would have been horrendous with his inability to tackle

saw a clip on twitter of one his first two crosses. awful. genuinely awful. he's not good enough.

but then, buying prospects who HOPE to turn out good isn't a great overall strategy

But he did cross well last what when setting up goals for son vs pool
Or Doherty vs Leeds
He isn’t Perisic though who has a different level of crossing
But Perisic vs saka would have been horrendous with his inability to tackle
The fact you’ve found 2 examples in 18 months tells a story.

Find a wing back with lower numbers.

saw a clip on twitter of one his first two crosses. awful. genuinely awful. he's not good enough.

but then, buying prospects who HOPE to turn out good isn't a great overall strategy

It is when you buy the right prospects as we have proven countless times. We have had far better success on the prospect route than the huge outlay route, night and day

The fact you’ve found 2 examples in 18 months tells a story.

Find a wing back with lower numbers.
He hasn’t played 18 months
He is averaging less than half the games in that period
But he did play when we have been at our best. And it wasn’t because of him, but he also wasn’t the weak link
The difference of course was last season in front of sessegnon was son, a threat and a player that could control a ball
The son this season is actually more like an impersonator
Of Perisic wasn’t able to deliver a decent cross nothing would be coming via this side.
Sons drop in form has been on par with Hugos. It’s actually toxic for the team as items were carrying some of our formerly elite players and it means others have to try to pick up the slack
Sessegnon can’t do that but he did create more chances than anyone yesterday and also had our best shot

But he did play when we have been at our best. And it wasn’t because of him, but he also wasn’t the weak link
The difference of course was last season in front of sessegnon was son, a threat and a player that could control a ball
Of Perisic wasn’t able to deliver a decent cross nothing would be coming via this side.
Sons drop in form has been on par with Hugos. It’s actually toxic for the team as items were carrying some of our formerly elite players and it means others have to try to pick up the slack
Sessegnon can’t do that but he did create more chances than anyone yesterday and also had our best shot

36 Prem games
2 goals
2 assists

Appreciate your patience. Mine went long ago.

Looks scared every time he plays. We’re too big for him, I fear. He needs to go to Forest or Southampton and aim to build some confidence.

He’s never looked particularly confident to me.
That’s if course your opinion and your entitled to it
I thought he looked more than decent last season
He was great at a field when I was up there and Leeds too
At home to arsenal saka didn’t get a sniff and was subbed IIRC
We were keeping clean sheets too

what’s changed is confidence, and a few players in they team who are okaying below a basic level. I mean a basic level for a premier league player, not even an elite player level. If it’s nine player you can carry them, when it’s 2 or more your fudged against any decent side. With us and Hugo and Son being consistently poor it really hurts as we have no alternatives to either.

it then exposes weaknesses in others as player compensate for the ones who are playing crap and dragging the team down, rather than lifting it up

as I said earlier, his record is in par with the tow left backs at arsenal yet I guarantee our fans would take either because there not him

He is not good enough for us if we want to win things. He had a wonderful chance to put across a dangerous ball for Kane/Son early on, and he spaffed it. He had two or three chances on goal, spaffed them. The one which Ramsdale saved, just lift it. Except he doesn't have the confidence. I would agree that he is let down on the left by lack of defensive support, in which case take up smarter positions. His positional sense in those phases is so poor. I keep on waiting for him to kick on and fulfill potential, bit it isn’t happening. Maybe Conte is the wrong manager for him? Maybe he needs a different style of management? I am out of patience personally.

We talk about Sonny’s loss of form, and it is big for sure, but he is not being consistently asked to play with his back to goal, which is not his style. Without Bentancur and Deki, it all grinds to a slow speed, leaving his ‘game’ in the gutter.

He is not good enough for us if we want to win things. He had a wonderful chance to put across a dangerous ball for Kane/Son early on, and he spaffed it. He had two or three chances on goal, spaffed them. The one which Ramsdale saved, just lift it. Except he doesn't have the confidence. I would agree that he is let down on the left by lack of defensive support, in which case take up smarter positions. His positional sense in those phases is so poor. I keep on waiting for him to kick on and fulfill potential, bit it isn’t happening. Maybe Conte is the wrong manager for him? Maybe he needs a different style of management? I am out of patience personally.

We talk about Sonny’s loss of form, and it is big for sure, but he is not being consistently asked to play with his back to goal, which is not his style. Without Bentancur and Deki, it all grinds to a slow speed, leaving his ‘game’ in the gutter.

Stopped reading at "if we want to win things" ... hes good enough for the Enic model

there's very loose elements of Bale about the situation with Sess - at times in his early days with us Bale looked like he was all hype - he couldn't stay fit, he was growing faster than he could keep up with physically, and generally for a good 18 months it felt like money down the drain.

Sess can't stay fit, when he is fit he's very patchy form wise, and generally he's not the standout player on the pitch - ever - . however he is 22 years old and it may be that we won't see the best of him til he's 23+.

More likely he will leave, go to a smaller club, tear it up and then end up at a Saudi Sportswashing Machine or a Chelski.

there's very loose elements of Bale about the situation with Sess - at times in his early days with us Bale looked like he was all hype - he couldn't stay fit, he was growing faster than he could keep up with physically, and generally for a good 18 months it felt like money down the drain.

Sess can't stay fit, when he is fit he's very patchy form wise, and generally he's not the standout player on the pitch - ever - . however he is 22 years old and it may be that we won't see the best of him til he's 23+.

More likely he will leave, go to a smaller club, tear it up and then end up at a Saudi Sportswashing Machine or a Chelski.

Bale showed quality immediately but yes he was injury prone. Can't really say the same with Sess and Bale unlike Sess showed extreme quality in certain attributes.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Therefore play aimless ball in box? Polite way I can describe him is lack of footballing intelligence and confidence
As I said 'a confident player would hold onto the ball there'. I can only imagine the groans and moans from the crowd when he did this though, even though he didn't really have anything to aim for.

I'd like to see how good a chance that was to actually put in a dangerous ball.... The clip posted above shows 6 Arsenal defenders against our 3 in attack with two more Arsenal players getting back into the picture as well and Son (the only player in the box) not making a dangerous run at all. Maybe the other one was a better chance (I haven't seen it back) but at the game I think I remember us having two players both just kind of wait at the edge of the box instead of one trying to get in to allow the ball between the defenders and keeper.

Did Doherty even get into a position to put in a cross in the whole game?

Back