• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

He's probably a nice guy, but Spurs purchased him to do a job which he has failed miserably at. I'd of loved him to succeed, but at this point I think he's beyond saving.

If we can recoup £10m or so from Sevilla then happy days.

Is he injured? Haven't seem him playing in any of the closed door friendlies, and I have a feeling he will be staying for another season.

Yeah i dont see Bobby leaving. He is happy being Kane's back up, the management and players seem to love him according to most itks, and i dont think the club is prepared to go out and spend decent money on a top forward.

Bring in Berahino and Kane, Soldado and Berahino would be good enough. Pretty sure Chadli and Lamela could deputize if needed.

We are so short up front its madness, with only two weeks to go to the start of the season! Imagine if Kane doesn't fire!

Austin and Berahino.... Two players who are still young, English, have a track record in the Premier League, would see us as a big step up and we could afford the transfer fees and wages for both.

Of all the players I watched last season Austin was probably the one who's game was the most similar to Harry Kane's (although admittedly Austin isn't really a player who likes to dribble from deep). Berahino could play as a number 9 with Kane behind him as number 10, or as a number 10 himself behind Kane/Austin or as a wing forward on either side.

Kane, Berahino and Austin as our three options would be a hell of a lot better than Kane, Soldado and Adebayor as our options.

Berahino is not who we need.

Nor is soldadud. We're not a charity we can't carry anyone next season.
I disagree with your first statement (although couldn't agree more with you on the second statement). Berahino has just about everything that we do need. People get excited about players like Martial or Werner who would both still be gambles, whereas there is an exciting, young player in England who has already proven that he has what it takes to succeed in the PL.

Isn't it almost certain that Austin is going to Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Regardless, if we can bring in a couple of strikers / wide forwards, I think Bobby will be on his way. If not, and he therefore stays, I guess that there is still the small hope that he might rediscover some of his La Liga form. ITK at least seems to suggest that he plays well in training and is liked by all.

So it wouldn't be disastrous if he's still with us after the window has closed.

I thought Austin was done to Saudi Sportswashing Machine but apparently not.

I do like the idea of Austin & Berahino in our squad. It'll cost us big money but I believe there's goals there for us.

Also as Ade's Folks implies in his above post....We sign these and along with Harry, Tottenham could be World Cup winners in 2018:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Berahino is not who we need.

Nor is soldadud. We're not a charity we can't carry anyone next season.
Who do we need then? We need a tricky forward who can make things happen on his own and knows where the net is.

Chelsea have Hazard - May not be an out and out striker but still a forward

Arsenal have Sanchez - Same as above

City have Aguero - he is a striker but very similar to the others above as he is tricky and can run at players.

United now have Depay - Similar to Berahino IMO.

Ok Berahino is no where near the same standard as the above but he plays the same sort of way and who else like that can we get? When was the last time we had a tricky forward who can turn players Inside out? Keane maybe in a way?

Yeah i dont see Bobby leaving. He is happy being Kane's back up, the management and players seem to love him according to most itks, and i dont think the club is prepared to go out and spend dent money on a top forward.

I think it is a bit naive to suggest that because a player is so professional and classy that he does not whinge to the press or use his agent as a public mouth piece that he is actually happy being a backup to Kane. Especially when you consider he has been the focal point in every team he has played for prior to him coming to Spurs.

Besides no right thinking Spurs fan should be happy with him being the backup when he has proved to be an unmitigated failure in this league. If Kane were out for 4 weeks, so far all Soldado has proved is that he runs about and works hard but is simply ineffective on front of goal

Back