• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

i'm just amazed how people think this, if he was doing your job, he would have been fired 6 months ago, he's no good for us, his job is to score goals and he doesn't cut it in any way

no, his job is a professional footballer. and a he's a very good one.

no, his job is a professional footballer. and a he's a very good one.
=D>

well said dude.

@ Mr_B ..... not clapping to **** you off or nothing mate, am clapping at the principle. Just its a bit of a pet peeve of mine when the focus is on individual statistics as opposed to overall team objective

Ideally you want your team to win......if soldado played 100 games and didnt score one goal but contributed significantly to overall team results and we won 100 games in a row then frankly i dont care if he scores or not

the part in this situation is that we could have done with more points in the bag and he hasnt been scoring...so in that scenario, the real world one, you have a point

but am loving the concept of Mumorn=D>=D>=D>

i'm just amazed how people think this, if he was doing your job, he would have been fired 6 months ago, he's no good for us, his job is to score goals and he doesn't cut it in any way

No, his job is to help the team win football matches when he is on the pitch. One way in which he can do that is by scoring goals which he absolutely is not doing at the moment, but there are many many other ways. Ultimately fans both Spurs and non-Spurs will judge him on that, but I do think Poch has a bit more sense.

I always try not to criticise strikers for missing chances, unless it's a completely open goal or something like that. His movement last night was excellent, as was his link up play, as was his work rate. He deserves credit for that. Also, the chances he missed I don't think were that bad. The first one maybe he should have done better, he reacted a little late but then he did see it late and the ball did bobble about a little. The second one that led to the goal was an excellent piece of centre forward play and it wasn't an easy finish anyway. The third, he done exactly what pretty much every single premiership striker would have in that situation. Brought the ball under control and got his toe to it just before the keeper closed him down. It was a great save from the keeper.

I think he deserves a run of games. The good thing is that even though the goal didn't come last night, the movement and work rate didn't stop.

It is a shame because you can see how much he wants it. I want him to show what he can do. The reality is that the structure of the team and the quality of service is shocking. There is a huge pressure on the fella and he just needs a break. I don't like to use the term 'unlucky' when someone hits the post, it isn't bad luck it was a shot that didn't go in. His movement is good, he drags players away and creates openings for others, he is unselfish and his workrate is good. If you hit the bylines and put balls into the box he will score goals. If you measure passes into space around the area he will score goals. He won't score many with his back to goal and he is far too often the pivot in moves where attacking midfielders are looking for a layoff. I lost count how many times our MF looked to make solo runs into the box only to lose posession. If half of those had ended with a ball slid though to Soldado he would have had something to work with. The ball from Lennon should have been hit first time perhaps. He was 'unlucky' (damn couldn't help myself) as the keeper kept it out with the bottom of his arm. That said it should have been side foot, bottom corner. He will get goals but he needs a capable partner up top. Either way we need him to come good because we need the goals or we need to sell him.

I hate saying this, but his confidence is shot in front of goal. I'd stick with him until January but I don't honestly see him ever regaining his goal scoring form he produced for Valencia. I wouldn't be confident if he was 6 yards out with only a tap in required.

I thought he had a really good game lastnight, especially in the 2nd half but he simply has to be scoring, I really feel for the guy

He did have a good game, just a shame about the goal scoring side of things at the minute. I cant believe someone branded him awful last night?! What on earth, yes he didnt score but his actual performance was good. Our attacking play as a whole looks much more threatening and more intelligent when he is leading the line, its not a coincidence.

And talk about fine margins, if that shot for Stambouli had gone half an inch the other side of the post everyone would have been saying what a great finish it was.....

And talk about fine margins, if that shot for Stambouli had gone half an inch the other side of the post everyone would have been saying what a great finish it was.....

football is cruel in that sort of way. i blame ade's mom's overpowering juju.

It is a shame because you can see how much he wants it. I want him to show what he can do. The reality is that the structure of the team and the quality of service is shocking. There is a huge pressure on the fella and he just needs a break. I don't like to use the term 'unlucky' when someone hits the post, it isn't bad luck it was a shot that didn't go in. His movement is good, he drags players away and creates openings for others, he is unselfish and his workrate is good. If you hit the bylines and put balls into the box he will score goals. If you measure passes into space around the area he will score goals. He won't score many with his back to goal and he is far too often the pivot in moves where attacking midfielders are looking for a layoff. I lost count how many times our MF looked to make solo runs into the box only to lose posession. If half of those had ended with a ball slid though to Soldado he would have had something to work with. The ball from Lennon should have been hit first time perhaps. He was 'unlucky' (damn couldn't help myself) as the keeper kept it out with the bottom of his arm. That said it should have been side foot, bottom corner. He will get goals but he needs a capable partner up top. Either way we need him to come good because we need the goals or we need to sell him.

That is what happens when you play with one up top and inverted wingers though. CF has to show for feet with his back to goal as soon as a winger cuts inside, either that or make a run across (and away from) goal to create space for them to run into/shoot.

We are creating so few chances that the pressure is to bury them. Second last night and against hull was better we more chances so I think it's getting there. But let's face we have played what 20 games in all comps and our three strikers combined haven't scored 10 goals, it runs deeper than poor front men

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

We are creating so few chances that the pressure is to bury them. Second last night and against hull was better we more chances so I think it's getting there. But let's face we have played what 20 games in all comps and our three strikers combined haven't scored 10 goals, it runs deeper than poor front men

Yep -

1. I don't like the way we are set up as a team - It isn't working.

2. I can't believe that we signed Soldado to play as a lone frontman in the PL..... poor decision on a lot of fronts.

3. His confidence is shot, but to miss the chances he did last night is simply unacceptable. If Partizan had got a goal back then his woeful finishing would have cost us the game. I understand that fans want him to do well but having a striker that poor in front of goal is simply not on.

His confidence isnt shot, if it was he wouldnt be CONSISTENTLY displaying such technique, skill and eye for a pass. His goal scoring knack has disappeared, but hes not playing like someone low on confidence at all....

He did have a good game, just a shame about the goal scoring side of things at the minute. I cant believe someone branded him awful last night?! What on earth, yes he didnt score but his actual performance was good. Our attacking play as a whole looks much more threatening and more intelligent when he is leading the line, its not a coincidence.

Agreed. I think it's too simplistic to just say that if a player misses it's a poor finish, if he scores it's a good one. Both one on one situations were quite good finishes I thought. He looked composed and was more unlucky than poor.

Yep -

1. I don't like the way we are set up as a team - It isn't working.

2. I can't believe that we signed Soldado to play as a lone frontman in the PL..... poor decision on a lot of fronts.

3. His confidence is shot, but to miss the chances he did last night is simply unacceptable. If Partizan had got a goal back then his woeful finishing would have cost us the game. I understand that fans want him to do well but having a striker that poor in front of goal is simply not on.

I don't think we did, I think the plan was to play him as a foil for Bale.

I'm sure at the time Soldado and paulinho were signed the first press questions were about bale and both said they had been given assurances bale was not being sold. AVB was convinced bale was staying and the team was being built around him. I also think it's why we bought some of the players we did with the bale money, DL doesn't want to get in a position where we are so reliant on one player.

I'm sure at the time Soldado and paulinho were signed the first press questions were about bale and both said they had been given assurances bale was not being sold. AVB was convinced bale was staying and the team was being built around him. I also think it's why we bought some of the players we did with the bale money, DL doesn't want to get in a position where we are so reliant on one player.

Think this is an idealistic way of looking at it - To play up from on your own you need much better physicality than what Soldado has.

With Bale, Jermain Defoe said two days before the tour to HK that Bale had said that he wanted to leave and didn't want to go on the tour. (I think he went then came home injured) That was early July and It was about a week or so before the papers started talking about him wanting to leave? That's not to say it was done and dusted at that stage, but if anyone thinks that the Bale deal was done late on in the summer and that all of the signings were designed around him then they are being naive. By all accounts, Bale made it clear he wanted to leave as soon as we returned to training.

AVB - clearly had visions in his head of how his system would work in a utopian sense, yet the reality has been different for him, unless you have 3 world class players in your side.

OK he cost 26 mill, his goalscoring record is poor, but for some reason I just love Bob.

Keep playing him MoPo!

Totally Agree!

Back