• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Riyad Mahrez

And Son wasn't in our first team last season. Our first team was: Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dier, Alderweireld, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen, Kane. Admittedly we struggled to play that team due to injuries, but that was our first team. So, to have Mahrez, you would either need to drop Dembele/Wanyama, or have a back 4. So that's why I asked.

Yeah, it's a good question - I'd switch to a back four (despite the success of the 3)

Our full-backs are good enough and energetic enough to act as wing-backs, yet without losing the extra offensive player.

It's slightly riskier, of course, especially with Trippier largely untested, but if that extra man is Mahrez, I think it's well, well worth it.

And Son wasn't in our first team last season. Our first team was: Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dier, Alderweireld, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen, Kane. Admittedly we struggled to play that team due to injuries, but that was our first team. So, to have Mahrez, you would either need to drop Dembele/Wanyama, or have a back 4. So that's why I asked.

I don't think you can definitively say that was our first team last season.

We played 4 at the back more than twice as often as playing 3 at the back. And Son started 23 games.

I think the whole 'first team' thing is over-emphasised - with injuries, 4 competitions and tactical tweaks, football is a squad game.

There is no such thing as a "first team" or second team for that matter! You play with the best team available at any stage, to achieve what you want! You don't pick a team based on names, it's chosen based on who is best capable of performing the job set by the manager! The team does not consist of 11 "first elven" players and then a bunch of second rate reserves. They're all a team!

There is no such thing as a "first team" or second team for that matter! You play with the best team available at any stage, to achieve what you want! You don't pick a team based on names, it's chosen based on who is best capable of performing the job set by the manager! The team does not consist of 11 "first elven" players and then a bunch of second rate reserves. They're all a team!

I don't think that is true. Porch clearly prioritises some competitions over others and selects teams accordingly.

Ok, I do agree with the point about having a different team for different matches, and so the whole squad being a team. But, the manager will likely have a team that will start the next game, if all players are available, and all are fit. For example...if all our squad was fit and ready to go. Who would be picked for the next match? Whilst this question may have different answers through a season, there will still be those deemed to be first choice, for example Lloris. There is no player that I would happily drop from our 'first team' to accommodate Mahrez.

This may sound a little bold or some leftish thinking but I would like to see us play the youth team in the away matches in the group stages of the champs league, full team in the home ones and hope it is enough to go through but if not then does not matter because we focus on league position.

I would not even let the first team fly out to away matches, keep them so we keep ticking up points in the Autumn.

I do not want him. Sorry. doesn't fit for me. Next!!!!
That's exactly why we do need him,he's not like the rest of our players. He's an enigma, a guy that can dribble past players for fun, we simply don't have that person with the X factor and as there is 0 chance of us getting Bale he would be the most attainable with actual quality....

That's exactly why we do need him,he's not like the rest of our players. He's an enigma, a guy that can dribble past players for fun, we simply don't have that person with the X factor and as there is 0 chance of us getting Bale he would be the most attainable with actual quality....

Different ways to win football matches and all that. I agree with this. Mahrez is a maverick. Would be an excellent addition and more likely to showcase his undoubted abilities for a team who will outplay 75% of our league opposition...and he's won the title...so his experience and know how could be handy experience to pass on to our other lads. I think buying winners into our squad could be a massive boost for us.

Would your answer be the same if we STILL haven't signed anyone in 3 weeks time?

Yes, as i have said before i was speaking to a lot of Leicester supporters after the game up there and to a man they said he is a lazy sod, he had a great season the year they won the Prem ( but like they said every player did not just him) apart from that he is not a team player. IF that is the case ( and i would suggest that fans who watch him every week would have a better idea then those who have only seen highlights on the box) then i do not see him being a good fit for us under Poch.

Yes, as i have said before i was speaking to a lot of Leicester supporters after the game up there and to a man they said he is a lazy sod, he had a great season the year they won the Prem ( but like they said every player did not just him) apart from that he is not a team player. IF that is the case ( and i would suggest that fans who watch him every week would have a better idea then those who have only seen highlights on the box) then i do not see him being a good fit for us under Poch.

Fair enough; I don't know any Leicester fans. We are desperately short of depth though so need 3-4 decent additions

I don't rate Mahrez as much as people do, decent he is for sure but I don't think he is much better than a fully fit Lamela.
I think you don't know nothing about football most of you criticising mahrez he won poty of the year wich never Tottenham player won it .he was main man at lecester winning the premiere league if he was English or European you will say he is world class player this is pathetic

I think you don't know nothing about football most of you criticising mahrez he won poty of the year wich never Tottenham player won it .he was main man at lecester winning the premiere league if he was English or European you will say he is world class player this is pathetic

No-one disputes he had a fantastic season when Leicester won the league.
But to be world class (whether Algerian, Moroccan, English or Chinese) you have to be a top performer for years. He's just not done that yet.

Back