• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Really like the "bit of a prick" on the pitch combined with being a decent human being off it.

Well done for so many things Richarlison. Hope he can keep both his joy and goalscoring high.

Good on the club too for helping him out with this. Been talked about before, but while I think improvements perhaps can be made on the general sports psychology and mental approach within the club if a player is in need of or can benefit from psychotherapy from a professional that should happen with someone not employed by the club directly.

Really like the "bit of a prick" on the pitch combined with being a decent human being off it.

Well done for so many things Richarlison. Hope he can keep both his joy and goalscoring high.

Good on the club too for helping him out with this. Been talked about before, but while I think improvements perhaps can be made on the general sports psychology and mental approach within the club if a player is in need of or can benefit from psychotherapy from a professional that should happen with someone not employed by the club directly.

There was a very good Athletic article about Richarlison's about-turn.
Here's an extract:

"It can be hard to know where the physical travails end and the mental ones begin because they are often so interlinked, but before we get on to how much of a difference the operation has made, it’s important to understand just how dark things had become for Richarlison psychologically.

“The club helped me to get help,” he told ESPN Brazil on January 12. “That was really important to me because there were days when I didn’t want to leave my house, my room. I went to training and then straight back home and locked myself in my bedroom.”

Richarlison felt trapped. He knew he needed help, but he also knew that his family, from a rural, more traditional part of Brazil would be hugely opposed to the idea.

“I’m from a small town, and it can be a bit like, ‘I’m not gonna do this therapy thing ’cause I’m not crazy’. Because some people from the countryside have this pre-conception, my family has it. But it got to a point when I understood that I needed help. And a lot of people were telling me this. So I got help and the therapist has been helping me a lot. I think after you take your first session you will understand what it means. I was very happy. I’m still doing it and I’ll carry on (with therapy) because it’s been helping me a lot. I think the main thing is my happiness. I was able to find my happiness again. I came from periods of my life when I was very down and sad… I wasn’t the Richarlison everyone knew. Even training was different. So I think I was able to find this again, this hope I had. That was the most important thing I got back.”

Richarlison feels refreshed, getting a huge amount from the sessions with the therapist, who Spurs set him up with.

He also has a new girlfriend, and currently has friends and family over from Brazil staying with him — keeping him company and helping around the house. This has often been the case with Richarlison since moving to England, and tends to be when he’s happiest. He has also managed to extricate himself from the situation with his former agent and mentor."

fudge it I’ll say it, I like Taylor Swift’s music too. Life is too short to pretend you don’t like certain artists or genres of music. Would much rather listen to her than Adele.

Imagine the boost to our worldwide fanbase if we got Taylor Swift to hook up with one of our lads instead of that NFL bloke. Maybe Micky Van de Ven can do us a favour there? Our new marketing bloke should target this; find an American star with a huge social media following and somehow get Micky Van de Ven to catch their eye. They cannot be immune to his Dutch charm.

Quite happy with him and Son as our main striker options. Pretty much regardless of Richarlison's goal record for the rest of the season as long as his overall performance level stays high.

Somewhat depending on what happens with Werner, but still think we need a(another) dribbly wide option with end product unless Solomon comes back from injury looking like complete awesomeness.
My concern would be if we make CL football then Richalison and Son would not be sufficient. All it takes is for one of them
to get injured then we could be in 4 competitions with one proven striker.

It will be interesting to see what Veliz does in Spain.

My concern would be if we make CL football then Richalison and Son would not be sufficient. All it takes is for one of them

Hasn't Brennan played up front for Forest?

Fair comment but isn't that what we did with Son & Kane for years? we haven't had a real backup striker for a while (not sure if I count Llorente?)

Hasn't Brennan played up front for Forest?
Do you think he would be any good there? I haven't seen him play there but he lacks conviction with his final third play. I suspect he might get eaten up playing striker? An Inyeresting idea though.

Do you think he would be any good there? I haven't seen him play there but he lacks conviction with his final third play. I suspect he might get eaten up playing striker? An Inyeresting idea though.

I don't remember enough about his play at Forest but he scored a fair few.
Under Ange's system, if he is capable of getting into the box to receive cutbacks or through-balls then a half-decent finishing rate should see him score a reasonable amount.
His growth and maturation will be about getting that space in the box, timing runs forward and honing his first or second touch finishing.

Agreed, Johnson can make a fist of it, Werner can make a nuisance of himself and nearly score goals, Deki has also had a brief stint up front and caused a nuisance of himself. Veliz is supposed to be decent. Parrott and Scarlett also around. Quite a few 'third choices'

there are not many players who get that a season, we'd be doing great to have three of them

Actually we are probably close
- Son - 10+ for 8 seasons, 20+ possible
- Richi -10+ this season, 10-15 is range (unless he really steps up)
- Maddison - last two seasons 10+, 8-12 general range.

Actually we are probably close
- Son - 10+ for 8 seasons, 20+ possible
- Richi -10+ this season, 10-15 is range (unless he really steps up)
- Maddison - last two seasons 10+, 8-12 general range.

Then we are laughing.

There are generally fewer than 15 PL players who get more than 10 goals in a season.

Last edited:
They’re not as rare as you’d think. Last season 23 players got 10 league goals in the PL

Last season was an outlier I think, it’s normally around 15, out of around 500 players.

And even 23 averages at just over one a club. Anything we do at 3 x the league average is great.

Last season was an outlier I think, it’s normally around 15, out of around 500 players.

And even 23 averages at just over one a club. Anything we do at 3 x the league average is great.

The top teams have multiple players who get 10+ goals. We almost had four under poch; Son, Kane, Alli and Eriksen. Liverpool will likely have three this season (Salah, Nunez, Jota), Arsenal will have at least two (Saka, Martinelli). Emirates Marketing Project will have at least two (Alvarez and Haaland). The lower teams obviously rely solely on one player to get goals more than the top teams do.

The top teams have multiple players who get 10+ goals. We almost had four under poch; Son, Kane, Alli and Eriksen. Liverpool will likely have three this season (Salah, Nunez, Jota), Arsenal will have at least two (Saka, Martinelli). Emirates Marketing Project will have at least two (Alvarez and Haaland). The lower teams obviously rely solely on one player to get goals more than the top teams do.

Yeah, and that’s good.

Kane, Son, Alli, and Eriksen was the best front four in the world at the time.

Yeah, and that’s good.

Kane, Son, Alli, and Eriksen was the best front four in the world at the time.

Back to the original point, it’s doable to have more than two players who get double figures in league goals. We’ve done a much better job this season of spreading the goals around. Compared to under the last two managers, if Son or Kane didn’t score we often didn’t get any points and people blamed them for not scoring rather than the other outfield players who contributed very little in terms of goals.

Back to the original point, it’s doable to have more than two players who get double figures in league goals. We’ve done a much better job this season of spreading the goals around. Compared to under the last two managers, if Son or Kane didn’t score we often didn’t get any points and people blamed them for not scoring rather than the other outfield players who contributed very little in terms of goals.

I agree it’s doable, but to have it would be huge, and beyond reasonable expectations.

Back