• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Repetitive bickering and point scoring about money and our transfer policy

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

flimflam.

Modric wanted out.

Especially once Madrid wanted him in.

Nothing we could have said (that didn't belong to Lala Land) would have changed his mind.

Even if theres CL, a chance of title and therefore more wages? Well we would have kept him a season or two more.

Of course he wanted to go, he knew we always end up losing!

Honestly.....what a bunch of whingeing, lily livered ****s there are on this board!

Re: what has happened to the transfer section?

The news? Oh dear . .

You have been pushing it as a fact last few pages - I simply made reference to the fact you know as much as me about what actually happened

We are certainlt not broke - as much as the pro-Levy crowd like to scream about

Of course i don't know what happened, i can only speculate what happened, which is what everyone does every day they post in a thread like this. If you have a different idea of what happened, you can post it. If not you can just go and WUM elsewhere.

Of course i'll post my opinions, do i have to say 'imo' at the end of every sentence? Would that help you comprehend it?

Even if theres CL, a chance of title and therefore more wages? Well we would have kept him a season or two more.

Of course he wanted to go, he knew we always end up losing!

No, we wouldn't.

We'd already held on to him for a year longer than he wanted to stay.

Only two or three clubs in the world that can hold to their players when Real Madrid come calling. Modric wasn't born and bred Spurs. Of course he would have wanted to leave regardless.

Every year, the same excuses.

Chairman has to spend, and properly. Hasnt spent for three seasons after spending over 30m on bent and Bentley. He dont know what hes doing.

Chairman is exonerated from any responsibility on here - you are wasting your time. Who is he after all...

It's Arsenal and Chelsea's fault for winning their fudging games, mate

:ross:

Who said we have lots of money to spend?

I thought the argument was "no money" vs money on the right player?

Not really, the point was that we didn't have enough money to buy Moutinho. Which i don't think we did. Due to the structure of the payments.

Now its a transitional season is it ? :lol:

It seems like every season is one at Tottenham. What next ? Bale goes and we have another transition season? Levy and Avb have a rift over money and we have another few transition seasons.

The fact is when you have players like Bale, LLoris, Modric, Van der Vaart, Vertonghen and others, you dont have transition seasons you win titles.

And if Modric had felt for one second that things were changing at this club, then he would have stayed.

We keep on changing managers, so they're always going to be transition seasons.

Losing key members of the squad and hiring new management is surely the definition of transitional.

We have performed largely crap this year. I think AVB knows it, he doesn't want to say in public because he likes to protect the players as much as possible but I think he's fully aware that the squad as it is, is not capable of playing the type of football that he wants. So he's focused on getting results and doing what needs to be done, each game we are fairly solid, whether it be against a Southampton or a Emirates Marketing Project. And it's like he devises his strategy to win the game after viewing how it goes. I don't think it will be like that next year, when he has the right type of player. But as he doesn't, he's done very well in what is surely a transitional squad.

Regarding Arsenal and Chelsea, obviously they can improve, but I don't think they can get that far ahead of us. Lets say we keep Bale, bring in Moutinho, Damiao and Tom Ince, we have Sandro, Kaboul and Townsend back in the squad. Are they really that much further ahead? If they sign a Lampard replacement, he's gonna have to be bloody good. Which striker do they sign? If they get Falcao or maybe Cavani, fair enough, but other than that I think we can stay in touch with them. In defence, I'd have ours over both of theirs. In midfield, our potential signings can stand up to anything they do, unless they manage to bring in someone of Gotze level quality. But will they really? Who exactly is going to go to Arsenal or Chelsea and drag them that much further away from us?

With Chelsea it was supposed to happen last year, they get rid of dross and spend loads on Hazard, Oscar and Moses, and yet we are still in touch with them after losing vital players. Keep our key players this time around, sign the right ones, and it can be the same again next year.

Why is a transitional season used as an excuse?

You were one of those that thought every attempt at an explanation was the same as making excuses?

You really don't see why this can be part of an explanation?

Why it's more difficult to make a team perform after losing key players? Why it can take time for a manager to get a team playing the way he wants them to? Why after an overhaul of the squad that includes bringing in 4-5 new players into the starting 11 the team might take some time to settle?

My point is there is always something... Why cant we finish above Arsenal? Is that impossible?

I dont care if its a transition season, because next one might be aswell, if Bale goes, it will be the season after bale leaves so a transitional season.

So you just want to whinge and moan? Have you considered twitter?

I'm sorry, but if you're going to laugh at the idea that we're in a transitional season and then when asked if there are better examples of a transitional season you come up with nothing and you now don't care if it is or isn't then you look like a wum...

Honestly.....what a bunch of whingeing, lily livered ****s there are on this board!

Not many are whinging tbh.

Personally i've just accepted that we're not going to get into the CL spots this season. We tried but sadly we have bottled it again (imo). I'm annoyed for sure but we have nobody to blame but ourselves. Maybe we can still win 3 games? i don't think there's a hope in hells chance.

Put it this way, if we somehow manage to beat Chelski, i guarantee that i will put £500 on Stoke to beat us (draw no bet) and post the betting slip on here.

Last edited:

No, we wouldn't.

We'd already held on to him for a year longer than he wanted to stay.

Only two or three clubs in the world that can hold to their players when Real Madrid come calling. Modric wasn't born and bred Spurs. Of course he would have wanted to leave regardless.

So what you do, is you make sure Real Madrid dont come calling and turn their heads to a cheaper option.

Because if your brilliant player is on low wage, in a frustated squad, then Madrid are going to come calling. They will smell that there is something to do.

If Modric is doing brilliantly, winning titles, then its 15m more Madrid, and more wages. And they dont come calling and turn their heads to another player.

Chairman has to spend, and properly. Hasnt spent for three seasons after spending over 30m on bent and Bentley. He dont know what hes doing.

What chairman in world football decides to not spend after finally breaking the top 4 and qualifying for the CL spots? he signed Sandro a few months beforehand and would have started the season with the sole signing of William Gallas had VDV not been thrown his way last minute.

Not may are whinging tbh.

Personally i've just accepted that we're not going to get into the CL spots this season. We tried but sadly we have bottled it again (imo). I'm annoyed for sure but we have nobody to blame but ourselves. Maybe we can still win 3 games? i don't think there's a hope in hells chance.

Put it this way, if we somehow manage to beat Chelski, i guarantee that i will put £500 on Stoke to beat us (draw no bet) and post the betting slip on here.

As in insurance bet maybe that would be better as two doubles .. with a Chelsea win.. and a Chelsea draw...

What money should he spend? Every penny has been allocated?
Should he do a Leeds, get a 100m loan in an attempt to get into the champion's league so we can get an extra 30m a season back?
Even then we'd still only be the 6th highest spenders in the league and there would be no guarantee we'd get in the champion's league.

You were one of those that thought every attempt at an explanation was the same as making excuses?

You really don't see why this can be part of an explanation?

Why it's more difficult to make a team perform after losing key players? Why it can take time for a manager to get a team playing the way he wants them to? Why after an overhaul of the squad that includes bringing in 4-5 new players into the starting 11 the team might take some time to settle?
Do you work in politics by any chance?

Why does it ALWAYS have to be someone else's / something eles's fault? Every time?

Why can't we say we weren't good enough, our manager didn't prepare well enough, our chairman didn't make the right investments, our players didn't perform well enough?

Why is it wrong to accept responsibility for our actions instead always looking for external factors to justify these shortcomings?

Last edited:

What chairman in world football decides to not spend after finally breaking the top 4 and qualifying for the CL spots? he signed Sandro a few months beforehand and would have started the season with the sole signing of William Gallas had VDV not been thrown his way last minute.

The best chairman in the PL / world . . . .

With what money?

Do you work in politics by any chance?

Why does it ALWAYS have to be someone else's something eles's fault? Every time?

Why can't we say we weren't good enough, our manager did prepare well enough, our chairman didn't make the right investments, our players didn't perform well enough?

Why is it wrong to accept responsibility for our actions instead always looking for external factors to justify these shortcomings?

It's easier blaming Howard Webb, mark clattenburg, the various decisions that go for our rivals (lets not bring up the countless decisions that have gone our way) etc etc etc. The blame game and constant excuse making is far better than taking responsibility.

What money should he spend? Every penny has been allocated?
Should he do a Leeds, get a 100m loan in an attempt to get into the champion's league so we can get an extra 30m a season back?
Even then we'd still only be the 6th highest spenders in the league and there would be no guarantee we'd get in the champion's league.

Well, we did spend stupidely before, so if we have nothing left then it is his fault anyway.

4 keepers on big wages at the start of the season, means we dont know what we're doing.

I dont want to spend 100m, I want someone who can play a bit with Bale. Look at Coutinho and sturridge, they didnt cost much and are great.

I have had enough of watching players like Siggy and Dempsey who cant play, and aaron Lennon who does nothing every game.

Who said we have lots of money to spend?

I thought the argument was "no money" vs money on the right player?

The original post you replied "says who?" to (not mine) was a claim that "we don't have much money".

The news? Oh dear . .

You have been pushing it as a fact last few pages - I simply made reference to the fact you know as much as me about what actually happened

We are certainlt not broke - as much as the pro-Levy crowd like to scream about

We certainly aren't broke, in part thanks to Levy and his sensible running of the club.

Although we're not broke it seems that we're pretty much continuously spending the money that is available to spend.

It's easier blaming Howard Webb, mark clattenburg, the various decisions that go for our rivals (lets not bring up the countless decisions that have gone our way) etc etc etc. The blame game and constant excuse making is far better than taking responsibility.

This place is remarkable sometimes

Back