• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Renting in Paris - help needed

Truth

David Bentley
Wind Up Merchant
Hi guys

I've started a new job in Paris.

I've been given a budget and told I can pick a flat wherever I like - problem is, I know nothing about the place.

I work in Levallois, so I don't want anywhere that'll take more than 35 minutes to get there, but I'd also like somewhere a bit livelier, with cafes, bars, supermarkets, gyms etc.

I was thinking the 16th or 17th arondissements because they're apparently nice, and close to work, but really, I've no clue.

Apparently the 4th, 5th and 6th are also pretty interesting - but they could be a little far away from work.

Anyone have any suggestions? So lost.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Wherever you like? Lucky git!

Go for the 8th, the shopping's best (Ave Montaigne) and the bar at the plaza is one of the best I've ever been in.

If you can, get someone to vouch you into Silencio…it's David Lynch's club in Paris and it is really great…ah Paris…I've had some fun there...

Wherever you like? Lucky git!

Go for the 8th, the shopping's best (Ave Montaigne) and the bar at the plaza is one of the best I've ever been in.

Thanks, Scara.

Is it horrendously expensive to live in i.e. supermarkets etc? Also, is the entire 8th recommended? I know, as you'd expect, there can be quite some disparity within arondissements - like the 17th, apparently.

Thanks, Scara.

Is it horrendously expensive to live in i.e. supermarkets etc? Also, is the entire 8th recommended? I know, as you'd expect, there can be quite some disparity within arondissements - like the 17th, apparently.

I've never really shopped for food there but I'd expect so - it's the Parisian equivalent of Mayfair. Not really any bad areas I know of - mainly it's a business district with some very nice flats/apartments.

I second what Scara has said, I did a two month secondment in Paris and lived in a small apartment in the 8th arondissements. It's a five minute walk to the Champs Elysee, 10-15 mins from the Louvre, lots of nice restaurants (albeit most are pricey) lots of shops. It's a great part of town, but I must admit I don't know how near/far it is from Levallois so not sure if it fits your main criteria.

Thanks Scara and Klinsmania...very helpful.

Err, actually resigned today, so....thread closed?

Same here. I would find it hard to imagine quitting a job that was about to send me to Paris for a while - must be serious!

They were becoming increasingly manipulative and misleading, so I felt I had little option.

It's a great shame, as more than the location, it could have led to something interesting, but it's just one of those things, I guess!

Back