• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Relegation Battle Watch

Any QPR players worth taking for silly money when they go down?

That young Townsend looks good ;)

I just had a look at QPR's squad. Can't believe they've got 40 senior players on their book (for a 25 man squad).

About the only one I'd consider for us is Cesar, but I think he's too good (and young) to understudy Lloris.

Or maybe Granero as a replacement for Huddlestone.

I'd definitely take Hoillet as cover for our wingers. Remy I'm not completely convinced about but he has shown flashes of brilliance and given our shortage of strikers I'd have still rathered we'd gone for him than not.

Wigan (along with Fulham) were a 4th division club (or non-league before the late 70s) who won the lottery. A small scale version of City or Chelsea, or the Crawley of their day. There was nothing organic or romantic about their speedy ascent up the leagues.

Excellent post.

I hate Wigan being in the EPL. I hate watching MOTD and seeing thousands of empty seats whenever they play.

But I love the way they play football. And I respect the way their chairman treats one and all especially their manager.

Sorry to deviate from English football talk, but was has happened to Stabaek over in Norway? Gone from Champions just a few seasons ago and now relegated

Massive financial troubble, they've even been to court for some dodgy player transfers and had to pay a fine. Pretty much sold all their players, replaced them with young unproven ones and gone down.

I'd definitely take Hoillet as cover for our wingers. Remy I'm not completely convinced about but he has shown flashes of brilliance and given our shortage of strikers I'd have still rathered we'd gone for him than not.

Once he came on against Utd he came very close to scoring, great save by De Gea.

I'd like Remy as one of three strikers but not if the other two are Defoe and Ade.

Once he came on against Utd he came very close to scoring, great save by De Gea.

I'd like Remy as one of three strikers but not if the other two are Defoe and Ade.

relegationbattle.png

Massive financial troubble, they've even been to court for some dodgy player transfers and had to pay a fine. Pretty much sold all their players, replaced them with young unproven ones and gone down.

Cheers for that. Had a soft spot for them. Played CM many seasons ago, bought Tommy Svindal Larsen for Spurs and he turned out to be brilliant, bizarrely started looking out for them after that

Cheers for that. Had a soft spot for them. Played CM many seasons ago, bought Tommy Svindal Larsen for Spurs and he turned out to be brilliant, bizarrely started looking out for them after that

When I first read that, I thought you had played centre mid for them...

33 Fulham, Norwich, Stoke, West Ham
30 Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Sunderland
28 Southampton
27 Aston Villa
24 Wigan
23 QPR, Reading

This could get really interesting.

Happy to see Villa win. of the lot they have better potential in the coach and players. QPR have enough quality to avoid the drop. I think a lot will depend on mid-table teams conceding games because safety is assured but have nothing to reach for. It will be an unpredictable fight to the end.

Going for his third relegation for me.

Relegated once with Southampton that I can recall? Nowhere near with anyone else. The QPR turnaround is something else. If he pulls it off, possibly a greater escape than the one with Pompey when he went back there and certainly with us (although the real impressive feat there was nearly getting us into Europe from that position but that is another discussion).

4 points from the first 13 and then 19 from 16 since he went to QPR. Over 29 games that ppg would currently leave them safe in 10th on 34 points. And it looks all the more impressive when you look at who they have played over that period. All the current top 10 with the exception of Arsenal and Everton. No wonder they have swotted aside Southampton and Sunderland with relative ease.

You don't have to like Redknapp to accept that the guy is probably in the top 5 best premier league managers in the last 10-15 years or so. Are there 5 other managers would have won a major trophy (so not including the league cup) in that time combined with 5th and 7th place finishes with a minor outfit like West Ham and two 4th places in quite succession with a club that hadn't managed that since the mid 80s? You'll be doing well. I'd say only Ferguson, Moyes and maybe Mourinho have more impressive CVs in the premier league.

Last edited:
Relegated once with Southampton that I can recall? Nowhere near with anyone else. The QPR turnaround is something else. If he pulls it off, possibly a greater escape than the one with Pompey when he went back there and certainly with us (although the real impressive feat there was nearly getting us into Europe from that position but that is another discussion).

4 points from the first 13 and then 19 from 16 since he went to QPR. Over 29 games that ppg would currently leave them safe in 10th on 34 points. And it looks all the more impressive when you look at who they have played over that period. All the current top top 10 with the exception of Arsenal and Everton. No wonder they have swotted aside Southampton and Sunderland with relative ease.

You don't have to like Redknapp to accept that the guy is probably in the top 5 best premier league managers in the last 10-15 years or so. Are there 5 other managers would have won a major trophy (so not including the league cup) in that time combined with 5th and 7th place finishes with a minor outfit like West Ham and two 4th places in quite sucession with a club that hadn't managed that since the mid 80s? You'll be doing well. I'd say only Ferguson and Moyes have more impressive CVs.

I agree - but no dout, judging by some comments on here, they will talk about how much he has spent blah blah boring fudgety blah. The guy can manage and can manage a team. He brought in a couple of players who they desperately needed i.e. a striker and a defender and got in a couple of loans.

Even if QPR go down - he has given them a chance of survival which is what they needed as Hughes was absolute dross.

[/B]

I agree - but no dout, judging by some comments on here, they will talk about how much he has spent blah blah boring fudgety blah. The guy can manage and can manage a team. He brought in a couple of players who they desperately needed i.e. a striker and a defender and got in a couple of loans.

Even if QPR go down - he has given them a chance of survival which is what they needed as Hughes was absolute dross.

I think to be fair to Hughes, they are parallels with Redknapp when he went into Tottenham. We had a good squad but we had probably changed the squad too quickly and we were hopelessly unbalanced. Much the same was true at QPR, although I don't think the situation was that dire. Hughes actually has a solid record in management and QPR is something of a blot on the copy book. I'd say the one thing with Redknapp though, he has so far not yet ended up in such a desperate situation. He has only been sacked three times in a 30 year career and undoubtedly two of those were political as it can hardly be said that he left or West Ham in a bad situation. Which just leaves Southampton. Again, how many managers, who've been at a fair few clubs, can say they've only been sacked once based on poor performance over 30 years?

Yeah spending 20 million on transfer fees and giving wages that'd make Chelsea blush - wow what an achievment. . .

For the good of football i hope they relegated

Back