• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp's Autobiography

Whoa there jumpers I think stating that he was a big success for us overplays your hand. If he was he would not have been sold so readily in his prime. He Did a job, occasionally well but mostly poorly. We upgraded him as soon as we could.

precisely=D>

WALOB. Harry always wanted Bale as a left back and I don't believe for a second that he wasn't trying to send him out on loan to Forest that time.

Yes but he's tapping up a manager, not a player, for a position he isn't even in the position to be giving out yet. Incredible from Redknapp. ;)

I kind of agree with you though, they're impossible to control and prove. We don't think Ferdinand, Rooney, Neville etc weren't telling Carrick how great Man utd are in 2006? That managers, agents, players can't run into each randomly? That even when they're caught talking, they can't be just 2 friends talking?

Even tapping up as obvious as Real or Barcelona do they can plausibly deny.

What's the point?

I agree.

'Tapping Up' is a phrase coined and blown out of all proportion by the media. Manager want's player, manager contacts player. It's been going on since the invention of football and it will continue to go on no matter what 'rules' are put in place.

WALOB. Harry always wanted Bale as a left back and I don't believe for a second that he wasn't trying to send him out on loan to Forest that time.

I'm sure there were interviews at the time when Redknapp was trying to sound tactically knowledgeable when he spoke about how much more effective Bale was coming from deep and that he could only do that as a defender.

For the record, I don't think he was all that wrong - Bale would be excellent in most positions but to suggest he always wanted something else is a flat out lie.

Crouch scored some important goals, you have to give him that.

He also had a Kryten head and couldn't control the direction of a header. Every time the direction was sheer chance - the only direction you could be sure the ball wouldn't go is into the path of his strike partner.

His two marquee goals

- against Milan was all down to Lennon. Side foot into an open goal.

- against City. Memory is hazy but it was a header. Did it come off his shoulder?

He also had a Kryten head and couldn't control the direction of a header. Every time the direction was sheer chance - the only direction you could be sure the ball wouldn't go is into the path of his strike partner.

:lol: so true

'a few people, looking for easy answers, put two and two together and ran out of fingers'

:ross:

This is a response to the 'he plays on the left' chants isn't it? Way to appease spurs fans!

Whoa there jumpers I think stating that he was a big success for us overplays your hand. If he was he would not have been sold so readily in his prime. He Did a job, occasionally well but mostly poorly. We upgraded him as soon as we could.

He was a pivotal part of a team that qualified for our only ever Champion's League campaign. We also sold him for the same amount of money that we paid for him. I'd say he was a big success in what he was brought in to do.

His two marquee goals

- against City. Memory is hazy but it was a header. Did it come off his shoulder?

It wasn't goalscoring that was important for us (although obviously the City goal was very important in the end) but the fact that he could hold up the ball and his work rate was phenomenal. He was a very unselfish player and that really helped us with our entertaining style of play, especially the following season when he linked up so well with VDV. Was he top drawer? No, and Adebayor was an improvement on him. At least for that one season.

'a few people, looking for easy answers, put two and two together and ran out of fingers'

:ross:

This is a response to the 'he plays on the left' chants isn't it? Way to appease spurs fans!

Probably in response to people who say things like:

"In the long term I eventually see Gareth dropping back and playing at left-back where he can be one of the best, if not the best," he said.

Read more: http://www.thenational.ae/sport/foo...h-bale-becoming-great-left-back#ixzz2h86KQcaZ
Follow us: @TheNationalUAE on Twitter | thenational.ae on Facebook

I'm sure Swansea would be delighted to know that their manager was being tapped up for a job by a man who didnt have a job to be offering that role out anyway

People knew about it,don't worry ,in Swansea,they had a players meeting after QPR wallopped then 3 nil couple of weeks after playing us,they wanted to know what his plans were,people thought he was going to be redknapp successor at the time.......but anyway he fecked off to liverpool two months later.

His two marquee goals

You not rating him is fine, I didn't rate him either, but you're making yourself look like a prat trying to devalue his two most important goals for the club. Even if they were easy chances you still have to be in the right place at the right time.

It wasn't goalscoring that was important for us (although obviously the City goal was very important in the end) but the fact that he could hold up the ball and his work rate was phenomenal. He was a very unselfish player and that really helped us with our entertaining style of play, especially the following season when he linked up so well with VDV. Was he top drawer? No, and Adebayor was an improvement on him. At least for that one season.

Also he had very clever movement and would pull defenders apart creating space for others. For a man who looked like he couldn't control his legs, he had very quick feet.

At times watching Crouch play was like watching Bambi on ice wearing shoes made of Banana skins while trying to play Hacky Sac with a rugby ball.

I've met Crouch a few times around Liverpool. His Mrs' little brother is lead singer in an awful band, who get a lot of gigs because of who he is related to. I'm talking truly awful. Anyway, Crouch turns up to these on the ****, and I've met him and he is a sound bloke. I thanked him for scoring that goal against City and the one in the San Siro.

That said, when he went for a header it was like swinging an empty sock at a football

It was that ****ing dumb grin he used to do when he'd ballsed it up that got to me, hands on the back of his neck, always did it.

Back