• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Really nice thread on Sunderland's main message board about Glenn Hoddle

Fair play to them. He did things that were 30 years ahead of other players. My favourite ever Spurs player and someone who would be worth £50m+ today

Fair play to them. He did things that were 30 years ahead of other players. My favourite ever Spurs player and someone who would be worth £50m+ today

That I had a season ticket for the lion's share of his career is a privilege I never stop appreciating.
That he failed as our manager is possibly my single greatest regret with Spurs.
That I saw him take the pitch as our manager for the first time is a memory I shall cherish forever.
Put simply, we never fully appreciated how good he was even though we knew he was a genius...

That I had a season ticket for the lion's share of his career is a privilege I never stop appreciating.
That he failed as our manager is possibly my single greatest regret with Spurs.
That I saw him take the pitch as our manager for the first time is a memory I shall cherish forever.
Put simply, we never fully appreciated how good he was even though we knew he was a genius...
Something of an oxymoron, that.

Never fully appreciated by England managers for sure but Spurs fans? Come on, he was Ghod!

Breaks my heart that of all the times he "could" have become our manager, when he did become our boss it just happened to be at a time when we had our worst squad in living memory.

Would love to have seen what he could have done with footballers like Modric, VDV and Bale.

Sadly I am a bit too young to have witnessed Hoddle playing for Spurs myself but a couple of mates that I go to matches with often talk about the good old days when he graced The Lane.

If only we had someone with his passing ability to ping through balls for Bale and Lennon to latch onto!

I mentioned on another thread that I was lucky enough to so him play for swindon. He was playing sweeper/centre back by that time. He was still a cut above anything else on the pitch. Guided Swindon to a 2-0 over tranmere. So glad I was at that game.

Back