• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ratings vs Anji

Rossi22

Pedro Mendes
Lloris 6.5 - think he made one save

Walker 7 - set up the 2nd, decent
Chiriches 7.5 - quality on the ball
Kaboul 6.5 - did well enough until getting injured again
Fryers 6.5 - solid

Sandro 6 - thought he gave the ball away a lot, 2nd half especially
Dembele 7 - good game

Lamela 6 - gave it away quite a bit but some useful passes in there too
Holtby 6.5 - good ball for the 1st goal
Chadli 6.5 - decent finish

Defoe 6.5 decent finish but not greatly involved

Dawson/Eriksen/Sigurdsson 6 - 2nd half was a total non-event

Lloris - 6 - not really much to do
Walker - 6 - caught out a few times positionally but his pace invariably gets him out of trouble
Kaboul - 6 - solid enough
Chiriches - 6 - looks good on the ball but he's going to give us a few heart attacks. Worries me in the air he lets things bounce and didn't seem to be able to win a header
Fryers - 6 - see Walker
Dembele - 7 - solid, beat a few men on occasion and tackled back
Sandro - 6 - solid but like most struggled with the pitch at times
Chadli - 7 - looks like Dembele on the ball and good finish - will be a good player for us
Holtby - 6 - good assist but struggled with the pitch gave the ball away a lot
Lamela - 6 - struggled with the pitch and gave the ball away a lot but also showed some class moments
Defoe - 7 - took his chance well

A battle against a bumpy pitch and bobbling ball that made for frequent errors and painful watching

Lloris 7 - crucial interventions when needed; distribution very poor
Walker 8 - excellent assist, dominated his flank; pick of the pack for us, but that's not saying much
Chiriches 5 - hesitant and out of his depth first half, improved second
Kaboul 7 - starting to look a rock again
Fryers 6 - competent enough
Sandro 6 - couple of dodgy moments
Dembele 7 - fine
Lambela 5 - error prone, still trying to feel his way into the side
Holtby 7 - couple of telling passes including the vital opening for Defoe; faded once again second half, prior to substitution
Chadli 6 - well-taken goal; little impact otherwise
Defoe 7 - good strike

Subs

Siggy 6
Eriksen 6
Dawson 5

I got up at midnight to watch this, think I fell asleep a couple of times in the second half.

I'll give it a 4 too.

It's certainly worth winning, but seriously, we need to get the fukk out of this chickenshiit competition.

Lloris 6.5 - clean sheet

Walker 7,5 - got involved unlike other players
Chiriches 8 - quality on the ball, good game
Kaboul 7,5 - looked good
Fryers 7,5 - got involved unlike other players

Sandro 6 - thought he gave the ball away a lot, 2nd half especially
Dembele 2 - had the attitude i have when i go to pay my taxes

Lamela 6,5 - he tried but not there yet
Holtby 8 - good ball for the 1st goal, always there for an assist
Chadli 7 - a goal is a goal but then he saw Dembele and considered he's attitude was more fun

Defoe 8 - keeps scoring, was waiting for his brace

It's certainly worth winning, but seriously, we need to get the fukk out of this chickenshiit competition.

I can't make up my mind about the EL. On one hand we play a load of practice matches against relatively weak opposition which is good for getting game time for the squad and integrating new signings.

On the other hand, there's a whole load of travelling to difficult-to-get to places and once we get out of the group we end up having to play CL teams, making our prospects of winning much lower than they currently appear.

I can't make up my mind about the EL. On one hand we play a load of practice matches against relatively weak opposition which is good for getting game time for the squad and integrating new signings.

On the other hand, there's a whole load of travelling to difficult-to-get to places and once we get out of the group we end up having to play CL teams, making our prospects of winning much lower than they currently appear.

Plus the risk of injury to key squad players, fixture congestion (what with the COC as well - December is looking horrendous) and the sheer number of games required in order to progress through the rounds.

It's bound to cost us valuable points in the PL somewhere down the line and could well end up sabotaging qualification for the CL like it did last season.

Yes, by getting into the CL.

Being in the EL is still better than not being in Europe, at the very least when we have the squad we have.

Unfortunately if your not good enough to qualify for the CL then you play EL. I don't understand the gripes.

If we don't want to be in the EL anymore we have to do better in the league. If we're not better than Arsenal, Chelsea etc, then this is our level. Simples.

All 8!
went to a **** hole scored 2 goals conceded none. Fantastic job on to the next one.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk 4

Thanks to the EL we are currently ranked 19th and stand a chance of being in pot 2 should we qualify for the CL. One more season will most likely see us among the top 16. Even if we don't win it, it is still worthwhile for the coefficient points and providing our players with experience of playing in Europe midweek. Inter are not in any European competition this season, which means can overtake them after next year when they lose the points from their CL win. Liverpool are dropping like a stone too.

kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2014.html

It's definitely worthwhile for me as a fan as I get to see us play more often and travel to places I would never have considered otherwise (if I decide to go and see an away match).

Unfortunately if your not good enough to qualify for the CL then you play EL. I don't understand the gripes.

If we don't want to be in the EL anymore we have to do better in the league. If we're not better than Arsenal, Chelsea etc, then this is our level. Simples.

Irony is, the further we go in the EC, the more the strain on squad resources ergo the greater the risk of it sabotaging qualification for the CL.

Thanks to the EL we are currently ranked 19th and stand a chance of being in pot 2 should we qualify for the CL. One more season will most likely see us among the top 16. Even if we don't win it, it is still worthwhile for the coefficient points and providing our players with experience of playing in Europe midweek. Inter are not in any European competition this season, which means can overtake them after next year when they lose the points from their CL win. Liverpool are dropping like a stone too.

It's definitely worthwhile for me as a fan as I get to see us play more often and travel to places I would never have considered otherwise (if I decide to go and see an away match).

Very good post.

Irony is, the further we go in the EC, the more the strain on squad resources ergo the greater the risk of it sabotaging qualification for the CL.

If we want to become CL regulars, not just visitors we have to play European football and league football and be able to combine the two. Like United and Arsenal have for so long, like Liverpool used to be able to and like Chelsea have done most years since Abramovich came in.

If nothing else the EL gives us a chance to practice this, so that we can be prepared.

It also allows us to have the big squad we have. There's no chance we would have been able to keep this squad fit and happy without the EL, there just wouldn't have been enough games. So even though there's an increased risk for injury and an increased strain on the squad it also allows us to have more cover and be less reliant on individuals to be fit.

There are upsides and downsides for sure, but I'm not convinced the downsides outweigh the upsides at all.

Good points J, wasn't fully aware of all that.

Very good post.

If we want to become CL regulars, not just visitors we have to play European football and league football and be able to combine the two. Like United and Arsenal have for so long, like Liverpool used to be able to and like Chelsea have done most years since Abramovich came in.

If nothing else the EL gives us a chance to practice this, so that we can be prepared.

It also allows us to have the big squad we have. There's no chance we would have been able to keep this squad fit and happy without the EL, there just wouldn't have been enough games. So even though there's an increased risk for injury and an increased strain on the squad it also allows us to have more cover and be less reliant on individuals to be fit.

There are upsides and downsides for sure, but I'm not convinced the downsides outweigh the upsides at all.

All very strong points, but for us to pay in the final of the ER this season will require something like 17 games, to win the CL just 11 for seeded clubs and 13 otherwise. Several of those extra games would have to be shoehorned in at the most critical closing stages of the season.

Just saying.

All very strong points, but for us to pay in the final of the ER this season will require something like 17 games, to win the CL just 11 for seeded clubs and 13 otherwise. Several of those extra games would have to be shoehorned in at the most critical closing stages of the season.

Just saying.

On the other hand the EL allows us to start players like Zeki Fryers and Harry Kane in some of those games. I don't think that would have been the case if we were in the CL.

Lloris, Walker, Dembele and Holtby all get a 7.....the rest a 6

wow that second half was a joke :lol:

Back