• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Utd

And if Lloris pass it to the defenders the Dawson statistics gonna get even worse..

Surprised no one's commented on how often other defenders, most notably Vertonghen, will keep passing the ball to Dawson rather than attempt a forward / long pass out of defence themselves. Guess they're anxious to keep their OPTA stats looking good whereas Dawson believes he's the one who can produce a worldie pass every time. :lol:

Lloris - 6 Was a bit unlucky with the goals, rash with the penalty but you run the risk of that with a sweeper keeper.
Walker - 7 Am a big fan of the kid, but this was a real mixed bag of a performance, did some really good things and dropped some clangers as well. Thought his set-piece delivery overall was pretty decent though.
Dawson - 6 Skanked once horribly by Welbeck but was solid enough throughout.
Chiriches - 6 Nearly cost us a goal, but like Dawson was reasonably solid throughout.
Vertonghen - 6 Was solid enough, looked to be dealing with an injury in the second half.
Sandro - 7 Beast put himself around a bit and scored a worldie.
Dembele - 6 Love watching him but still too wasteful with the ball as an end product.
Lennon - 7 Thought he had a decent time up against Evra and I'm not really his biggest fan. Didn't agree with him being subbed for Townsend.
Paulinho - 6 Had a very good first half but faded badly in the second, looked knackered.
Chadli - 7 Thought it was a very decent performance from him to be honest, and especially impressed as he has been out for a month and played twice in 3 days.
Soldado - 6 Better, looked like he was getting to grips when we had a bit more tempo in the first half but faded again when we played the more methodical approach in the second.

I don't think the subs massively helped us but I liked the way AVB made some changes to his approach for the start of the game. Questions still unanswered for me, but willing to give him the time.

Let's not mention his vital interventions today, just doesn't suit your agenda, does it.

Don't think Rossi has an agenda, certainly no more than you have by voicing dawson positive qualities.

BUT maybe, just maybe through the haze, the fuzziness, the accusations, the paranoia......perhaps both of you are right. Cannot disagree with Rossi's observations and cannot disagree with yours either. They are the good and bad of Dawson.

IMO if everyone is fit Dawson should be 4th choice. At the moment he looks like 1st choice. And that is not a slur on Dawson's overall ability, it is the compatability between Dawsons POOR qualities and the high-line defensive system we employ. Terry a similar type of defender (and superior defender, albeit vastly inferior human being) looked all at sea when AVB persisted with it at chelsea and not to realise you are running a big risk every game using that system with that type of player is worrying.

Just for the record....if we're sitting deep and its backs to the wall then Dawson is no1 every single time.

Don't think Rossi has an agenda, certainly no more than you have by voicing dawson positive qualities.

BUT maybe, just maybe through the haze, the fuzziness, the accusations, the paranoia......perhaps both of you are right. Cannot disagree with Rossi's observations and cannot disagree with yours either. They are the good and bad of Dawson.

IMO if everyone is fit Dawson should be 4th choice. At the moment he looks like 1st choice. And that is not a slur on Dawson's overall ability, it is the compatability between Dawsons POOR qualities and the high-line defensive system we employ. Terry a similar type of defender (and superior defender, albeit vastly inferior human being) looked all at sea when AVB persisted with it at chelsea and not to realise you are running a big risk every game using that system with that type of player is worrying.

Just for the record....if we're sitting deep and its backs to the wall then Dawson is no1 every single time.

Okay maybe not an agenda but just for the record he has said on two or three previous occasions words to the effect he wants Dawson out and Kaboul in his place. That\s fair enough but why as a Spurs fan does he not at least acknowledge some of the good work Daws does? It's just disappointing when 'fans' overlook a player's positive contributions and focus exclusively on the negatives.

Again, people here a pretty clueless when it comes to analyzing this game

here are my ratings:

Lloris - 6

Walker - 9
Dawson - 5
Chiriches - 7
Vertonghen - 7

Lennon - 7
Dembele - 7
Sandro - 8
Chadli - 7

Paulinho - 8
Soldado - 6

Couple of points.

Dawson needs to stop banging the ball forward. Man Utd bossed possession in the first half mainly because of this. Against teams that like to hold the ball in the middle this is a big no-no
One of Paulinho´s better games. Really liked him in that forward position. Should play that every game. The distribution of the ball forward and to the wings finally worked in this system.
Walker was a beast. He was relentless and those aggressive full speed chases for the lost ball were just sublime. Shame about his only mistake. But he should play like that week and week out because he has the potential.
Soldado was doing nice link up with the wings and Paulinho but he should have seen what Walker was doing and do the same. He never took any chances and as a lone striker you need to do that if you are expecting that final ball. Couple of occasion when the final ball came but he was clueless or gave up on it.

Again, people here a pretty clueless when it comes to analyzing this game

here are my ratings:

Lloris - 6

Walker - 9
Dawson - 5
Chiriches - 7
Vertonghen - 7

Lennon - 7
Dembele - 7
Sandro - 8
Chadli - 7

Paulinho - 8
Soldado - 6

Couple of points.

Dawson needs to stop banging the ball forward. Man Utd bossed possession in the first half mainly because of this. Against teams that like to hold the ball in the middle this is a big no-no
One of Paulinho´s better games. Really liked him in that forward position. Should play that every game. The distribution of the ball forward and to the wings finally worked in this system.
Walker was a beast. He was relentless and those aggressive full speed chases for the lost ball were just sublime. Shame about his only mistake. But he should play like that week and week out because he has the potential.
Soldado was doing nice link up with the wings and Paulinho but he should have seen what Walker was doing and do the same. He never took any chances and as a lone striker you need to do that if you are expecting that final ball. Couple of occasion when the final ball came but he was clueless or gave up on it.

Can you explain Lloris 6 to me then? He didn't have a great deal to do in the game but the one thing he did do was make a dumb mistake which in the end cost us two points.

Can you explain Lloris 6 to me then? He didn't have a great deal to do in the game but the one thing he did do was make a dumb mistake which in the end cost us two points.

Could drag him to 5? 5 or 6, I don´t care. He dind´t have a great deal to do in this game like you said. Annoying penalty, but more down to Wellbecks decision to drag the foot until he would feel the touch. He was going nowhere and Lloris took a chance that did not pay off. It was 50/50 to get the ball.

Lloris - 6 - Wellbeck manufactured the pen but they are given more than not. Rash to dive in there I think.

Walker - 8 He is showing good form this season and will only get better with age, as all defenders do. Should have reacted better to the cross that led to Rooney's goal.
Dawson - 6 Top bloke but should be saved for the target men type forwards. Those pinged long balls are low percentage and he really needs to pick his moments when to do them, i.e. when there is literally no other option.
Chiriches - 7 - Settled very quickly which is a surprise. I'm thinking him and Verts as a CB pair would move the forward ball very well.
Vertonghen - 6 - Vertoghen had a relatively poor game I thought. He always seems to suffer against pace when played as LB.

Lennon - 7 - Unlike others I think the sub was actually the right call. He had hardly touched the ball in the 2nd half after a brilliant first half.
Dembele - 7 - Another good game and seemingly a return to form. Sandro and Dembele are a good balance and should be our starting midfield pair I think.
Sandro - 8 - Words fail me....
Chadli - 6.5 - I though he had a decent enough game but a faded little in the 2nd half. That position is up for grabs really and he did his cause no harm.

Paulinho - 7 - I had suggested playing him in this position a number of weeks back (and got shot down). It keeps him closer to where he needs to be and I didn't think he doing enough to start as a CM.
Soldado - 5.5 - I am a big fan but he wasn't great today. The bare minimum I thought and he seems to be be visibly losing confidence on a match by match basis. I gave him +.5 for his reaction to Sandro's goal.

How Walker can get a 9 when he gifted United the equaliser is beyond me. Over the 90 mins I thought Dembele and Sandro were our best and I thought Chiriches was good too.

How Walker can get a 9 when he gifted United the equaliser is beyond me. Over the 90 mins I thought Dembele and Sandro were our best and I thought Chiriches was good too.

It was a sympathy vote after his MotD interview in which he looked like someone recovering from chemotherapy.

Back