• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Stoke City

Sandman

Dean Austin
Lloris ------ 6----Not much to do. Came for some crosses very confidently.
Naughton - 6----Much better on the right. some good early combinations with Lennon.
Dawson --- 6----Marshalled Crouch well. One very timely tackle. Again though he was not troubled so much by their attack.
Chriches -- 6----Great on the ball at bringing it out. Some timely tackles and good passing from the back. An improved game from him.
Fryers ---- 6-----Some nice runs up the left showing his pace. Had space to move into with Eriksen moving inside.
Lennon --- 9-----Some great runs in behind. Created two gilt edge chances for both the forwards and go a nice goal. As well as covering Naughton.
Dembele -- 8-----Great on the ball, shruging off challenge after challenge. Got forward more and a nice nice goal.
Paulinhio -- 9-----Was bossing it in the first half. Great runs, creative passing and all around energy. Fatty Adams did him in the second like he seems to do to one of our players every season.
Eriksen ---- 6----Some nice passing at times, kept the ball moving. Dead ball play was terrible from him today either over hit or hit the first man.
Adebayor - 8-----Some good team work with Soldado. Good hole up play and running and won the penalty. Missed a sitter from Lennon and seems to like shouting at Lamela.
Soldado -- 6------Got more involved and a good penatly. But missed two great chances and looks well off confidence.

Subs:
Capoue. not enough time.
Lamela----6------Some nice touches and runs. Looked more confident but it was only 19 mins.
Chadli-----5------Like Lamela but less involved.

Match ratings vs. Stoke

No thread so far? our easiest game and nothing to complain about I guess

Lloris - 6

Naughton - 7
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 7
Fryers - 6.5

Lennon - 8.5
Demebele - 8.5
Paulinho - 8.5
Eriksen - 7.5

Adebayor - 8
Soldado - 6.5

Lloris - 7

Naughton - 7
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 7
Fryers - 7

Lennon - 8.5
Dembele - 8
Paulinho - 8.5
Eriksen - 7.5

Adebayor - 8
Soldado - 7

Lloris ------ 6----Not much to do. Came for some crosses very confidently.
Naughton - 6----Much better on the right. some good early combinations with Lennon.
Dawson --- 6----Marshalled Crouch well. One very timely tackle. Again though he was not troubled so much by their attack.
Chriches -- 6----Great on the ball at bringing it out. Some timely tackles and good passing from the back. An improved game from him.
Fryers ---- 6-----Some nice runs up the left showing his pace. Had space to move into with Eriksen moving inside.
Lennon --- 9-----Some great runs in behind. Created two gilt edge chances for both the forwards and go a nice goal. As well as covering Naughton.
Dembele -- 8-----Great on the ball, shruging off challenge after challenge. Got forward more and a nice nice goal.
Paulinhio -- 9-----Was bossing it in the first half. Great runs, creative passing and all around energy. Fatty Adams did him in the second like he seems to do to one of our players every season.
Eriksen ---- 6----Some nice passing at times, kept the ball moving. Dead ball play was terrible from him today either over hit or hit the first man.
Adebayor - 8-----Some good team work with Soldado. Good hole up play and running and won the penalty. Missed a sitter from Lennon and seems to like shouting at Lamela.
Soldado -- 6------Got more involved and a good penatly. But missed two great chances and looks well off confidence.

Subs:
Capoue. not enough time.
Lamela----6------Some nice touches and runs. Looked more confident but it was only 19 mins.
Chadli-----5------Like Lamela but less involved.

Would give the whole back 5 and Soldado a 7. Not bad when Eriksen's performance is the worst. Hit some terrible dead balls though.

Lloris 7
Naughton 7
Dawson 7
Chiriches 7
Fryers 7
Lennon 8
Dembele 9
Paulinho 8.5
Eriksen 7.5
Ade 8
Soldado 7

I thought Eriksen was very good. He came in field a lot and they couldn't keep up with his movement so was very pleasing to see.

makings of a Pires-lite?

It reminded me of Luka when he played on the left in the 09/10 season. He kept coming in field and constantly left the opposition bamboozled due to excellent movement. There was quite a lot of times where he found himself in an excellent attacking position centrally.

Imagine how good it will be when Danny Rose is playing behind him...

Why is everyone on Eriksen's back? He actually had a very good game but after his freekick against West Brom, everyone seems to expect him to do that every game

It reminded me of Luka when he played on the left in the 09/10 season. He kept coming in field and constantly left the opposition bamboozled due to excellent movement. There was quite a lot of times where he found himself in an excellent attacking position centrally.

It was exactly like that. Our old team

---------------------------Gomes (Lloris)

Corluka (Walker) -- King (Daws) -- Woody (Vlad) -- Ekotto (Rose)

Lennon (Lennon) -- Thudd (Dembele) -- Palacios (Paulinho) -- Modric (Eriksen)

----------------------Defoe (Soldado) -- Crouch (Ade)

Lloris - 7

Naughton - 7
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 7
Fryers - 7

Lennon - 8.5
Dembele - 8
Paulinho - 8.5
Eriksen - 7.5

Adebayor - 8
Soldado - 7

yeah these would be my ratings too

i thought the front 6 as a whole and individually looked excellent together, good understanding and movement....pace, trickery, power =D>

I remember a few of us, think it might have been me and african who said Modric reminded us of a little Pires minus the goals, he'd cut in and cause havoc with his movement and draw the full back inside. Modric on the left and Lennon on the right for me saw us play some of the most exciting football I've seen from Spurs.

I remember a few of us, think it might have been me and african who said Modric reminded us of a little Pires minus the goals, he'd cut in and cause havoc with his movement and draw the full back inside. Modric on the left and Lennon on the right for me saw us play some of the most exciting football I've seen from Spurs.

It's funny that Bale changed our formation and we evolved to always get the best of a special player and now we are reverting to what we were before Bale again.

It's funny that Bale changed our formation and we evolved to always get the best of a special player and now we are reverting to what we were before Bale again.

Bale steaming past a Modric who cut inside was a joy to watch.

then again so was Bale steaming down the right whilst Modric pulled strings from the middle of the park.

Lloris -6- Not troubled at any stage but some of his kicking was bad.

Naughton -6- A decent right back, was troubled by his winger on a few occasions but was assured throughout.
Dawson -6- Did well with Crouch but gets marked down for some of his bad long balls when under no pressure and the challenge that should've led to a pen. I don't think he got enough on it.
Chiriches -6.5- Swept up well and kept it tidy.
Fryers -6- Nothing to comment about. The lad looked good and provided some good crosses early on.

Lennon -7- First half he looked a menace but wasn't in it much in the second half up until his goal.
Paulinho -7- Shame about the injury because he was looking so good up until then. Overcomplicated things at times and still needs to dig out his shooting boots.
Dembele -8- If this bloke could play like this in every game we would have a £30 million man on our hands. He defended well, scored a cracker and constantly beat his man to start an attack.
Eriksen -7- He was all over the place and linked up play wherever he could. A lot of our best periods in the game heavily involved him.

Soldado -6.5- Great pen, good linkup play but a horrendous miss. Still waiting for him to hit some form, but he's looking better each week now.
Ade -7.5- He was at the heart of everything, but for that miss he'd be my MOTM.

Capoue -6- Steadied the ship and gave Dembele the freedom to go forward.
Lamela -6- Started really brightly but then faded, then again the game was already won.
Chadli -n/a- Only because he wasn't on long enough to make an impression.

TS has had us for less than two weeks and seems to be getting a lot more out of the players than AVB. We will find out more as we play against some of the tougher teams in the league, but so far things are looking much brighter. I was worried before kick off but the players are playing well and Sherwood can take a chunk of praise for that.

6 - Capoue, Lamela & Chadli
6.5 - Lloris, Naughton, Dawson, Fryers & Eriksen.
7 - Soldado & Chiriches
8 - Paulinho, Lennon & Adebayor.
9 - Dembele (MotM)

7.5 - Sherwood
6 - Fans

Back