• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
These are for 2nd half only, missed the first.

Lloris - 5

Walker - 6
Toby - 6
Vert - 5
Rose - 5

Carroll - 5
Dier - 5

Eriksen - 5
Alli - 5
Lamela - 6

Kane 5

Subs
Son - 4
Chadli - n/a

Poch - 5

Can have no argument with the starting line up, that team should have been good enough to win this game. We always seem to start well now then seem to think this is going to be easy and switch off.

Hugo 6.5, poor for the second goal, but that's goalies for you. Still the man IMV.

Walker 8, Our MOTM for me. Strong, powerful and full of running going forward and at the back
Toby 7, not his best game but still had a decent game

Jan 6.5 as above, maybe could have done slightly better for second

Rose 5, caught out of position to often, extra half s point for that great tackle towards the end

Dier 6. Isolated to often. Was a bit like watching mason and Bentaleb last season, seemed to be no support in front of him

Carroll 5, struggled to impose himself when didn't have the ball.

Alli 5, no first touch and always looked in a rush.

Lamella 7, never stopped working or trying. Some nice moves, touches and found good positions. Two good efforts well saved

Eriksen 5, went missing when it got difficult. I had him nailed on as the bi polar mentioned in the ITK thread. Hurry back

Harry 5, getting to predictable dropping back, cutting inside and shooting. Needs to lay it off and make runs

Son 5, doesn't seem the same since injury, but he's being eased back in and it will come.

Poch 7. I can't argue with team selection. Subs not so much. Lamella was our best player going forward, whereas alli, Carroll and eriksen were poor. Benefit of the doubt as lamella played thurs

Ultimately that team should have been good enough to win, but it looks to me that some are playing for headlines, their own glory or believing the hype.
Hopefully this is a kick up the backside and they can get it going again.

Lloris - 5 (-1 for 2nd goal)

Walker - 7
Toby - 6
Vert - 6
Rose - 5

Dier - 6 (+1 for the goal)
Caroll - 5

Alli - 5
Lamela - 6.5
Eriksen - 5 (+0.5 for the assist)

Kane - 5

Subs:
Son - 4.5
Chadli - 4.5

Lamella was our best player going forward, whereas alli, Carroll and eriksen were poor. Benefit of the doubt as lamella played thurs

I do agree Lamela was our best offensive player and found it bizarre when Poch took him off, I don't agree about giving Poch the benefit of doubt due to Lamela being tired from Thursday, the lad has hardly featured in the first eleven for the last 2-3 weeks and should be more than fresh.

It's Eriksen for me that is not providing enough for the team. He's in the team for his creativity one would imagine, but he's not really even providing that and has been poor in my eyes for a couple of months now.

Jakyll and Hyde performance from everyone else.

Lloris 5 - question marks for both goals, maybe he should have attempted to come out and collect the looping cross that lead to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's first and maybe given the shot for their second was so close to his body he should have got something on it, but maybe for both he was just plain unlucky

Walker 6 - some excellent forward play and generally decent at the back but lost his man for their first
Alderwiereld 7 - his long diagonal passes are now becoming an impressive feature and an important part of our play out of defence. However he too could maybe have done better defending the first goal
Vertonghen 5 - not as solid as of late, was outsmarted and outpaced by their swift attacking breaks especially for their second
Rose 7 - stats might say otherwise but he did seem to get an unusually high number of successful tackles in, especially first half. Also figured in a couple of excellent attacking moves but also missed a sitter miscuing when clear through on goal, also wasted a couple of other opportunities with poor crosses and stuff

Dier 6 - superb headed goal plus one or two Mackay-esque tackles but there was also some wayward passing, seemed to become jaded as the game went on
Carroll 5 - produced a couple of sweet passes to instigate two of our best moves but mostly he seemed lost and certainly failed to provide the grit and grip needed from a CM

Lamela 7 - looked lively especially first half, unlucky not to score following excellent control and follow-up volley
Alli 4 - he was always going to have an off-day sooner or later and this was certainly it, his touch and control seemingly having deserted him completely. Even so it's really encouraging the way he consistently gets into advanced positions
Eriksen 5 - another who largely had an off day yet he came up with that peach of a corner for Dier's headed goal and managed a couple of decent shots on goal as well as a few wayward attempts

Kane 6 - the usual good approach play, couple of decent shots from range but he looked a bit out of sorts overall

Subs

Son 6 - looked lively when he came on without affecting play too much
Chadli n/a - very poor, completely wasted the one golden opportunity he had to put a decent cross in when it was so desperately needed at the death

Stayed away from board to avoid getting even more angry.

Re others, Amazed people try to make Lloris take the blame for either of the goals (first was non existent marking on back post, second was smashed one time, low and hard). Similarly we weren't under pressure at any point with Carroll on pitch (so can't blame him too much either). Eriksen got another assist and is easily on the way to double figure assists this season (had 2 last), funny when Lamela was absolute brick other than a few assists from corners people defended his value but go after Eriksen ...

To me, the game is actually Poch/setup issue, think we actually went a little too aggressive (Alli was often beyond Kane, Dier didn't sit like he normally does) and it upset the balance of the team a bit.

Only person I really feel had a mare was Alli, he played so advanced he actually consumed most of the service (especially in first half) that could/should have gone to Kane, and his touch was awful on the two occasions he was through.

We got mugged ... part of the lessons a young team has to learn ... going to have to make up those 3 points from much harder games now. Hope to see a big reaction from team next game.

Back