• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Saudi Sportswashing Machine

come on not many of our players performed well yesterday. For you to constantly pick out paulinho despite other playing far worse shows you have an agenda

ok we get it, you dont rate Paulinho

Check my ratings...i gave a lot of players a 5. What agenda do i have? i don't rate him and think he has striking similarities to Jermaine Jenas and i've made it clear.

Check my ratings...i gave a lot of players a 5. What agenda do i have? i don't rate him and think he has striking similarities to Jermaine Jenas and i've made it clear.

ive seen your ratings. You gave Paulinho the lowest mark out of all the players involved which is a joke tbh

agenda? because of exactly what you say, that you dont rate him and he is strikingly similar to Jenas. So everytime Paulinho has a bad touch, pass, shot, you will immediately show up saying what a waster he is and he is not worthy of the shirt. This is what you do.

on the previous page of this thread i listed some of the moments yesterday that Paulinho tried to make things happen. He did far more than Siggurdson and yet you gave Sig a higher mark???

why dont you question why AVB keeps insisting on playing Paulinho despite the player barely having a break after playing for Corinthians this summer and Brazil in the Confed cup?

how about being supportive of a player that is in his first season in the PL? I dont see you criticizing Lamela....oh yes, you were one of the biggest advocates of signing Lamela so why would you criticize him

all im saying is be a bit fairer and patient to all our signings/players, not just your favourites

ive seen your ratings. You gave Paulinho the lowest mark out of all the players involved which is a joke tbh

agenda? because of exactly what you say, that you dont rate him and he is strikingly similar to Jenas. So everytime Paulinho has a bad touch, pass, shot, you will immediately show up saying what a waster he is and he is not worthy of the shirt. This is what you do.

on the previous page of this thread i listed some of the moments yesterday that Paulinho tried to make things happen. He did far more than Siggurdson and yet you gave Sig a higher mark???

why dont you question why AVB keeps insisting on playing Paulinho despite the player barely having a break after playing for Corinthians this summer and Brazil in the Confed cup?

how about being supportive of a player that is in his first season in the PL? I dont see you criticizing Lamela....oh yes, you were one of the biggest advocates of signing Lamela so why would you criticize him

all im saying is be a bit fairer and patient to all our signings/players, not just your favourites

I did...many many many times.

He contributed about the same as Sigurdsson yesterday but was directly responsible for us conceding a goal so it's 0.5 point deduction and totally fair so quit moaning.

What is your point btw? i was also extremely against signing Soldado? do you remember how i continuously stated he wouldn't suit us? how he's a poacher and needs to be fed constantly? how he contributes nothing else?......yet do you see me jumping on his back at all now? no i've in fact stated he's doing better than i expected and that his general play is better than i expected and i like him. Quit trying to twist things into me having an 'agenda' ffs,.

Last edited:
I didn't even see Paulinho play before us signing him but i had seen Soldado countless times and didn't want him.....but my 'agenda' is with Paulinho:ross:

I did...many many many times.

He contributed about the same as Sigurdsson yesterday but was directly responsible for us conceding a goal so it's 0.5 point deduction and totally fair so quit moaning.

What is your point btw? i was also extremely against signing Soldado? do you remember how i continuously stated he wouldn't suit us? how he's a poacher and needs to be fed constantly? how he contributes nothing else?......yet do you see me jumping on his back at all now? no i've in fact stated he's doing better than i expected and that his general play is better than i expected and i like him. Quit trying to twist things into me having an 'agenda' ffs,.

what did Sig do??

Friedel 5 Doesnt command his area anything like Lloris, not as confident when he is there
Walker 7 Thought he did well, he at least seemed to give a f#ck when certain others didnt
Dawson 6 Poor first half, better 2nd
Chiriches 7 Awesome tackle saved a certain goal. Pity he had to go off
Vertonghen 6 Admittedly not his favoured position, prefer him at CB
Townsend 5 Passed when he should have shot early on, then shot when he should have passed for most of the game
Dembele 5 Not one his better games
Paulinho 6 See Dawson
Eriksen 6 One of those meh games for him. Looks like we have knocked his good set-pieces out of him already, some terrible corners
Sigurdsson 5 Forgot he was on the pitch at one point.
Soldado 6 Really needed that first header to go in. Good movement still, but needs that goal
Subs.
Sandro 8 45mins on the pitch and still walked the MOTM.
Defoe 6 Not enough time to make an impact
Kaboul 6 Solid

AVB. 5 Think a 4 would have been harsh. 10-yr old boy sat in front of us kept shouting getting Lamela on all the game.
He knew, and he was only 10....
Needs to find his best 11 for League games and stick with it for 6/7 matches. One things sure it has to be Lloris, Sandro and 9 others

I didn't even see Paulinho play before us signing him but i had seen Soldado countless times and didn't want him.....but my 'agenda' is with Paulinho:ross:

ok you didnt see Paulinho play before signing for us, so lets base it on what you have seen for Spurs

are you at least prepared to give him credit for scoring the winner away against Cardiff?? how about his assists for Siggy's second against Norwich and Soldado's first goal from open play at Villa? weve scored only 9 league goals and he has made vital contributions to 3 of them.

HOw about giving him time before writing him off as a complete failure??

We Spurs fans are a sorry lot. From reading some of the negativity on this thread a neutral would no doubt be amazed to learn that we dominated play and achieved 24 goal attempts, 14 of which were on target, some of them only thwarted by top goalkeeping and resolute defending.

So be it. It was still a very entertaining game of football, one I enjoyed watching immensely. By midway through the second half it was already likely going to be one of those perverse games where the result has little bearing on the balance of play and goal-scoring opportunities, so there was nothing for it but to enjoy it as a game of football and to hell with the result.

what did Sig do??

Go out and look for the ball (he didn't get it most of the time but he at least went out looking)....Paulinho imo hides from the ball.

Paulinho had 2 shots? so? Jenas was capable of doing nothing and not getting involved before suddenly having a few shots on goal. It's good that he got himself in that position...we know he's good at that.

Go out and look for the ball (he didn't get it most of the time but he at least went out looking)....Paulinho imo hides from the ball.

Paulinho had 2 shots? so? Jenas was capable of doing nothing and not getting involved before suddenly having a few shots on goal. It's good that he got himself in that position...we know he's good at that.

so Paulinho hides from the ball but somehow he was found and he managed to have a couple of shots.....yeah, not very good at hiding then is he

and the pass he made to Townsend that opened up the Saudi Sportswashing Machine defence that led to the Eriksen chance? or the pass to Walker that put walker in to a dangerous postion? was paulinho hiding then also?

so i ask you what Sig did and all you can say is he went looking for the ball. Anything else of note?

so Paulinho hides from the ball but somehow he was found and he managed to have a couple of shots.....yeah, not very good at hiding then is he

and the pass he made to Townsend that opened up the Saudi Sportswashing Machine defence that led to the Eriksen chance? or the pass to Walker that put walker in to a dangerous postion? was paulinho hiding then also?

so i ask you what Sig did and all you can say is he went looking for the ball. Anything else of note?

Tbh you're not worth it. You accuse me of something yet totally ignore my point about absolutely being against the Soldado signing yet defending him constantly and singing his praises. I'm entitled to my opinion.

Tbh you're not worth it. You accuse me of something yet totally ignore my point about absolutely being against the Soldado signing yet defending him constantly and singing his praises. I'm entitled to my opinion.

I accept that you are fair on Soldado despite being against his signing. I do remember that you said he wouldnt fit in.

and yes you are entitled to your opinion about Paulinho. I just dont agree with it and I think you can be a bit more patient before ultimately writing him off.

Im backing him just like you back Lamela.....actually, I really like all our signings, our squad, and its so frustrating that its not all clicking into place sooner from an attacking sense. However I will give all the players a proper chance to prove themselves

Thats all, so i will drop it too.

We Spurs fans are a sorry lot. From reading some of the negativity on this thread a neutral would no doubt be amazed to learn that we dominated play and achieved 24 goal attempts, 14 of which were on target, some of them only thwarted by top goalkeeping and resolute defending.

So be it. It was still a very entertaining game of football, one I enjoyed watching immensely. By midway through the second half it was already likely going to be one of those perverse games where the result has little bearing on the balance of play and goal-scoring opportunities, so there was nothing for it but to enjoy it as a game of football and to hell with the result.

My favourite post. Another day that was a comfortable win. Yes there was plenty of areas for improvement but the criticism is way ott.

AVB. 5 Think a 4 would have been harsh. 10-yr old boy sat in front of us kept shouting getting Lamela on all the game.
He knew, and he was only 10....
Needs to find his best 11 for League games and stick with it for 6/7 matches. One things sure it has to be Lloris, Sandro and 9 others

This 10 year old boy should pick the team in future as AVB is still to master that role.

what?

first half....

the shot from 20 yards in the first half that Krul palmed away

the first time pass in between the fb and cb that Walker ran onto but it was a bit over hit and Walker only just got to it and played across where Krul was first to it

second half .....

the pass in behind that Townsend ran onto who then played it across to Eriksen who missed a sitter

a driving run across the box that was only stopped with a foul and we had a great kick opportunity from 20 yards

the shot from inside the area that Krul again kicked away

yes he is tired, yes he has been over played and i blame AVB for this (same with Dembele) and yes it was his fault that Saudi Sportswashing Machine scored

However Paulinho is far from being the problem in this team

fully agree with that

Back