• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Palace

He no longer has Lennon to create space for him by distracting defenders. Plus nowadays it seems like defences are better drilled at keeping two solid rows of four between them and the ball the whole time - especially when they play us.
It's more than just not having Lenton there,although your points are valid There have been countless times where he's had space and the opportunity to drive forward with the ball,but hesitates,slows down and pass the ball back or sidewards...

Walker was far more defensive in his game. This made him look a little reserved/subdued.

Kane is getting a lot of 5's which is a little unfair as he did some good work in the final 3rd.

It's more than just not having Lenton there,although your points are valid There have been countless times where he's had space and the opportunity to drive forward with the ball,but hesitates,slows down and pass the ball back or sidewards...
Agree with that.

Perhaps. I never thought Walker and Lennon was a good pairing on the right. In some ways, I think Walker was bad for Lennon as it meant that he did not focus on driving forward as he was far more aware of his defensive obligations.
Agree it was never the happiest pairing, it was frustrating to see Lennon so often get himself into good positions out wide only to be ignored / bypassed by Walker.

I think that it is understandable if Walker is not trying to do everything immediately. He has had two seasons heavily interrupted by injuries, he was never going to come back in and pick up where he left off in 2012/13.

Back