• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Man Utd

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lets start the old ratings threads again. Creates some good debate.

Lloris - 6

Walker - 5
Toby - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Rose - 5

Dembele - 5
Wanyama - 5

Son - 4
Eriksen - 5
Alli - 4

Kane - 4

Subs
Sissoko - 6
Winks - 5
N'Koudou - 5

Lloris - 7

Walker - 6
Toby - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Rose - 6

Dembele - 5
Wanyama - 4

Son - 3
Eriksen - 5
Alli - 3

Kane - 4

Lloris - 8. Saved our hides, and prevented a far more embarassing scoreline.

Walker - 3. Gave the ball away a lot, got beaten down his flank a lot.
Toby - 6. Nothing unduly bad.
Jan - 6. Likewise.
Rose - 2. Same as Walker, but was dominated by Mkhitaryan as well.

Wanyama - 4. Never seemed sure what his role was, missed horribly from a free header two yards out.
Dembele - 4. Can't remember anything of note he pulled off except dribbling uselessly at the edge of the box following a corner. Oh, and getting Pogba carded after some neat work in our half, I suppose.

Son - 3.5. The most frustrating player in existence - sparks of quality paired with abysmal, awful close control at key moments.
Eriksen - 1.5. Only noticed him because of how consistently he was fudgeing up the simplest passes.
Alli - 1 Did he play today?

Kane - 1. See Alli, Dele.

Subs -

Sissoko - 7. I usually don't give ratings to players who come on with less than 35-odd minutes to play, but I'm making an exception for him because of how unfairly (imo) he gets criticized. He did more in 30 minutes than Alli, Kane and Eriksen did in 90.
Winks - N/A. Didn't think it was the right substitution - would have preferred Dier for Wanyama.
N'Koudou - N/A. Don't even think he got time to touch the ball.

Jan - 6. Likewise.

Wanyama - 4. Never seemed sure what his role was, missed horribly from a free header two yards out.
Dembele - 4. Can't remember anything of note he pulled off except dribbling uselessly at the edge of the box following a corner. Oh, and getting Pogba carded after some neat work in our half, I suppose.

Son - 3.5. The most frustrating player in existence - sparks of quality paired with abysmal, awful close control at key moments.
Eriksen - 1.5. Only noticed him because of how consistently he was fudgeing up the simplest passes.

Subs -

Sissoko - 7. I usually don't give ratings to players who come on with less than 35-odd minutes to play, but I'm making an exception for him because of how unfairly (imo) he gets criticized. He did more in 30 minutes than Alli, Kane and Eriksen did in 90.
Winks - N/A. Didn't think it was the right substitution - would have preferred Dier for Wanyama.
I cannot take these ratings seriously.

Would you prefer Alli, Eriksen and Kane get a '2' instead, perhaps? Or, inconceivably, do you actually think someone on the team (other than Lloris) had a good game today? I'm all ears.

I'd give Kane a 2 or maybe 3, but otherwise I'm pretty much in agreement. Not really sure what to think of our CM.

Jan - 6. Likewise.

Subs -

I'd love to know what sort of ratings you'd have been giving out to the likes of Noe Pamarot and Ben Thatcher if you'd give Rose and Walker 2 and a 3.

Can't be arsed to do the whole thing tonight, but my general feeling was - defensive players good, attacking players very bad. Utd have got some outstanding attacking players, don't ever forget that regardless of the fact that they haven't clicked. They were always going to get better once they put Mkhitaryan into the side and you only need to cast your minds back to how he tore us to pieces with Dortmund last season to know what a good player he is. We weren't as terrible as the hyperbole I'm seeing online, but our lack of cutting edge and creativity was really on show again today. Kane needs to stop dropping too deep and get himself into the box, whereas Alli needs to learn another trick as I think people have sussed out the nutmeg.

Fair play to Moussa Sissoko. Easily his best game in a Spurs shirt so far. Still not convinced we should have signed him though.

I'd love to know what sort of ratings you'd have been giving out to the likes of Noe Pamarot and Ben Thatcher if you'd give Rose and Walker 2 and a 3.

Can't be arsed to do the whole thing tonight, but my general feeling was - defensive players good, attacking players very bad. Utd have got some outstanding attacking players, don't ever forget that regardless of the fact that they haven't clicked. They were always going to get better once they put Mkhitaryan into the side and you only need to cast your minds back to how he tore us to pieces with Dortmund last season to know what a good player he is. We weren't as terrible as the hyperbole I'm seeing online, but our lack of cutting edge and creativity was really on show again today. Kane needs to stop dropping too deep and get himself into the box, whereas Alli needs to learn another trick as I think people have sussed out the nutmeg.

Fair play to Moussa Sissoko. Easily his best game in a Spurs shirt so far. Still not convinced we should have signed him though.

Simply put, I was a dark, edgy, hormonal teen during the entirety of the period Pamarot spent at the Lane - my youthful wonder that had sustained me during Thatcher's spell here had disappeared, and my regard for humanity went with it, only returning when Arsenal were beaten in the CL final in 2006. So, y'know, if you think I'm harsh on Rose and Walker now, you don't know the half of it. :p

Truth be told, we were pretty bad, back and front. A United side still struggling to understand their roles, their style of pressing and their defensive responsibilities shut us out with brutal ease, and Walker/Rose were skinned down their sides by Martial and Mkhitaryan respectively - the latter more so than the former. If you score our players relative to their expected performances against what is still a side in progress that had drawn all four of their home games prior to this one and conceded late goals left, right and center while looking disjointed up front, you'll get the scores I put out there.

Lloris 8 made some great safes to keep us in it. Couldn't do much about the goal.
Walker 6 didn't push up much.
Vertonghen 7 pretty much untroubled.
Toby 7 see above.
Rose 6 Got forward better than Walker, but no end product.
Wanyama 5 Pretty ineffectual.
Demble 6 Good to start, but seemed to run out of steam.
Alli 3 I would have taken him off first. All he did was try fancy tricks and lose possession.
Son 3 Had a good start, but drifted out of the game.
Eriksen 4 He persists with the safe ball all the time.
Kane 2 Was he on the pitch? Really isolated and the mistake was from a sloppy mentality. He relaxed and the team paid for it.

ratings threads are for me only worthwhile if we were very good or unlucky. we were poor and man u deserved to win, end of.

Back