• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Liverpool

Ipso facto - NOTHING down the right. QED

The fact your blaming Lennon for us not being an attacking threat says everything really. Not much Lennon can do if we don't have the ball and not much he can do if when we do get it one of his team mates lazely and sloppy loses it. I really think your directing your disappointment at the wrong area, but I'm not surprised considering your previous criticism's of him. You keep saying you think he could be a good player but then you go ahead and slate him, have you ever seen him play well?

Sorry if that sounds harsh or personal, but it gets a bit tedious seeing the same arguments year after year, even when 99% of people think he's played well (7 out 10, hardly saying he played a blinder) you've come in a said that's too high! Was he the worst on the pitch then, who was better for us?

Again with the Lennon bashing. Many think Dembele is more important than Bale.

You're having a laugh of course. Dembele is outstanding quality and has the potential out to become hugely influential but right now Bale is on a completely different level.

I am very impressed with Dembele, but when i see him pretty much single-handedly destroy an otherwise competent team, then i'll rate him in a same bracket as Bale.

I didn't realise there is a spreadsheet kept. Is it available on-line? Does it include pie charts or graphs of any kind (if not, then it should).

Regards.

Yep there's another thread where I post graphs. I will be updating it with November stats next week.

The fact your blaming Lennon for us not being an attacking threat says everything really. Not much Lennon can do if we don't have the ball and not much he can do if when we do get it one of his team mates lazely and sloppy loses it. I really think your directing your disappointment at the wrong area, but I'm not surprised considering your previous criticism's of him. You keep saying you think he could be a good player but then you go ahead and slate him, have you ever seen him play well?

Sorry if that sounds harsh or personal, but it gets a bit tedious seeing the same arguments year after year, even when 99% of people think he's played well (7 out 10, hardly saying he played a blinder) you've come in a said that's too high! Was he the worst on the pitch then, who was better for us?

Yes I have seen Lennon play well. I keep saying that he has the attributes to be a brilliant player but for one reason or another he doesnt do it. At least twice this season he has been up against really poor full backs (one of them on Wednesday) yet he doesnt impose himself nearly enough. We have a fully functioning left hand side but not a right hand side.

Your point about him not being able to do anything if his teammates cant pass a ball, does not I'm afraid meet my point that he doesnt take up good enough positions or do enough running off the ball to open up space for him to be found easily. Therein lies the crux. It is much easier to find a team mate in space or running into space. Why is it that Bale can be found relatively easily even though he often has two men man marking him? Think about it.

Bale, Verts, Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Dembele, Sandro to name but 7!

Saying Dawson was better just shows your bias. I'm likely to be overly critical of Dawson when marking, but there's no way he did better than Lennon in this match.

Not sure Lloris was. If Henderson wasn't so crap then we'd be saying what a horrific error he made and it could well have cost us 2 or 3 points.

Saying Dawson was better just shows your bias. I'm likely to be overly critical of Dawson when marking, but there's no way he did better than Lennon in this match.

Dawson had a world class player up against him in Suarez. Lennon was faced with Downing. Context please.

Dawson had a world class player up against him in Suarez. Lennon was faced with Downing. Context please.

Lennon scored a goal. Dawson was at fault several times, though only minor errors and luckily no goals from them.

Lennon scored a goal. Dawson was at fault several times, though only minor errors and luckily no goals from them.

Lennon scored a tap in after all the hard work was done by Bale. What else did he do offensively? and up against the towering Downing of all people?

Dawson stopped Suarez scoring. He did his job. Apart from the goal, Lennon didnt offer anything for us going forward - which is the major part of his job.

Dawson played a couple of hospital passes, just lump it Daws, I promise I won't moan again.

IIRC Michael made one very poor pass and a few not good passes as did every single Spurs player in the second half. He rarely lumps a ball as his pass completion stats show.
But lumping a ball every now and then ain't a bad thing (eg Caulker) but then again a considered pass is the best option sometimes (Lennon?)

We won against a very good passing side who obviously lack a killer striker. The previous game we won against a long ball team. Tomorrow we take on a very clever passing team with a killer striker.

United held on against West Ham, City were tested against Wigan and won. Top teams managed by winners do that.

AVB's second half tactic - 2

I understand what he is trying to do by inviting pressurr to hopefully hit them on the break but hoofing the ball up field gives them the chance to build up attack after attack. Same as the United game, we should come out the way we played in the first half and then sit back and soak up the pressure in the last 10 - 15 minutes.

Goals by Bale and Lennon secured a second win on the row, however our second half performance resulted in a low game rating for a game we won with just 6.48. Only Southampton (A) with 6.45 and QPR (H) with 6.35 were worse, both also 2-1 victories. The highest rating received for this game was 7.00 and the lowest 5.63.

Bale ran away with the MOTM award with his fifth over-7.5 of the season, meaning he now leads this table by himself with 5 in total. Remarkably though this was only his first MOTM award of the season! Walker's performance also keeps on improving with his a highest rating of the season for the second game in a row with 7.26, improving on the 7.08 he got vs West Ham (H) 3 days ago. Dembele also returned to the side after his MOTM rating vs Aston Villa (H) on the 7th October and put in a good performance with 7.15.

On the other end of the spectrum Gallas gets his fifth sub-5.5 rating of the season and third in a row however is saved by Sigurdsson's 30 minute stint for worst player of the game with 5.10, meaning this is Siggy's sixth sub-5.5 performance of the season, fourth in a row, and the second time as worst player on the pitch. This also now means he equals Defoe and Walker on both counts. Defoe himself just saved himself from another sub-5.5 with a poor 5.56 following his MOTM performance in the previous game vs West Ham (H). Dempsey is back amongst the below average ratings with 6.04 however remains well above his season average of 5.43.

Mq5qQ.jpg

Back