• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Inter

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Friedel - 8. Couple of excellent saves, still don't understand the hoofing it to Lennon though.

Walker - 7. Never really troubled.
Gallas - 8. Controlled the back line totally.
Vertonghen - 8. Starting to get back to his best.
BAE - 7. Same as Walker.

Lennon - 7. Could/should have scored but took an extra touch. Decent game though.
Parker - 9. Monster game from Parker. Absolutely ran the centre with...
Dembele - 9. Oozed class in this game. Wish he'd taken on a shot on one occasion in space rather than spreading wide.
Sig' - 7. Very good first half, but faded a bit in the second.

Bale - 7. Apart from the goal (and assist) a strangely quiet game. Maybe tried too hard?
Defoe - 7. Infinitely better than Ade with holding the ball, but good grief insanely greedy.

Generally agree, except Defoe was a 5 for me.

He actually gave the ball away every single time he had it. Ade always clocks up about 70 odd passes. Defoe didn't have one.

I thought we were good for an hour with Parker outstanding.

Dembele did a lot of good things, but had a few silly poor passes.

Sigg and Bale did well, I thought Defoe and Lennon should have scored at least one each.

Was annoyed with the commentators saying the tie was all over at 2-0 and we were out of sight at 3-0; that is rubbish, as soon as they score we'll be bricking it, backs to the wall.

There is still a long way to go in this tie IF Inter fancy it.

The other noticeable thing for me was Holtby had a really bad half hour - everything he did went wrong, whereas he's been excellent before.

He actually gave the ball away every single time he had it. Ade always clocks up about 70 odd passes. Defoe didn't have one.

Laughable! He has showed up your mate Ade in the last two games. Didn't pick up any senseless bookings either.

Friedel - 7.5.

Walker - 7.
Gallas - 7.5
Vertonghen - 8.5
BAE - 7.

Lennon - 7.5
Parker - 8.
Dembele - 8
Sig' - 8. Every time he put in a cross it just looked a nightmare to Inter.
Bale - 7.5
Defoe - 7. I would be too harsh if i give 6 because of his greedy, though i know he will never change his style.

They're playing different roles though - Defoe has more efforts on goal and more play in the box, Adebayor has more play around the pitch but not enough work in the box for me

Friedel 7

Walker 8
Vertonghen 8
Gallas 7
Ekotto 7

Lennon 7
Parker 7
Dembele 8
Sig 8

Bale 8
Defoe 7

How great is it to have a striker in form again? Silly dive from Bale but overall a great performance from the team.

In fact the midfield of Parker and Livermore was poor in possession and too negative for me, when Inter were there for the taking - I would have liked Carroll in there to keep the ball moving, not Livermore with his lunging challenges and average passing skills

Excellent performance. Lots of decent performances - Dembele, Defoe, Siggy

My stream went down for the last 10 mins - how bad did Lennon's injury look?

In fact the midfield of Parker and Livermore was poor in possession and too negative for me, when Inter were there for the taking - I would have liked Carroll in there to keep the ball moving, not Livermore with his lunging challenges and average passing skills

THought Parker had an excellent game - agree that it should have been Carroll not Livermore coming on

Friedel - 7.5 - A crucial stop to save us an away goal. Pleased with Brad.

Walker - 7 - Happy with performance.
Gallas - 7.5 - Solid enough. Some good runs forward.
Vertonghen - 8 - Glad to see him bag a goal. Solid defensively too.
BAE - 7 - Good passing.

Lennon - 7.5 - Great wingplay.
Parker - 8.5 - Not his biggest fan of recent times but I love it when a player proves me wrong. Great runs forward (In first half) and great tackling. Impressed scotty.
Dembele - 8 - Good performance. More of this please moose.
Siggy - 8 - Goal and an assist. Great crossing too.
Bale - 8 - Goal. Other than that a "not at his best" performance, but we have been bloody spoilt recently. So still great!
Defoe - 7 - He played well but frustrated me in the second half. We looked a different team with him up top though.

Holtby - 6 - Looked disjointed. Still acclimitising to English football though.
Livermore - 6.5 - Pretty solid performance
Naughton - N/A -

Friedel - 8 - Good saves. Didn't do much wrong.

Walker - 7.5 - Linked up with Lennon well. Defensively solid.
Gallas - 7.5 - Solid at the back.
Vertonghen - 8.5 - Gets a goal, also misses a sitter though. Shame.
BAE - 7.5 - need i say it again?

Lennon - 8.5 - Nippy little player. Combined well with Walker. Some exceptional crosses.
Parker - 7.5 - Decent defensively. Beat his man at times, but not great use of the ball going forwards.
Dembele - 8.5 - Dominated the Inter midfield. Nothing they could do to stop him.
Sig' - 8.5 - Goal and an assist. Dangerous crosses and a threatening shot on him. Going to be a great player to have.
Bale - 8 - Beaut header. Good runs. Bad dive.
Defoe - 7.5 - Combined well up front. one or two decent shots, would be higher if he knew when to pass, but the affect on our team was undeniable.

Edit: Went back, thought i was harsh, put everyone up by .5

Last edited:
Friedel - 8 - Not much to do, had to make a couple of good saves and did so without issues.

Walker - 8 Solid defensively, linked well with Lennon
Gallas - 8.5 - Great Defensive work, didnt put a foot wrong
Verts - 9 - As gallas, but +.5 for the goal
Ekotto - 8 good game.

Lennon 9.5 - TBH my man of the match, his defensive covering through midfield was awesome, won the ball so many times and actually attacked them. His tackle set off the Defoe breakaway.
Bale - 8 - Nice header, but one of his quieter games. Several times i thought he should have shot from 25yrs out, but he didnt.
Parker - 9.5 - Also a great game from scotty, drove forward and controlled that mid with dembele.
Dembele - 9 - Controlled, some good dribbles and didnt give inter a sniff.
Siggy - 9 - one assist, one goal tackled like a possessed man! Was quieter second half.

Defoe - 7.5 - Good game from defoe i thought, little bit too selfish at times, but i put that down to wanting to score after his injury.

AVB - 10 - Perfect home performance, controlled an Inter team sitting 3rd in seria A and didnt give them a sniff. A couple more goals would have been nice ofc, but that performance was virtually perfect as a team.

I'll say it again - he gave the ball away EVERY single time he had it. He was Inter's ball winner tonight.

I'm not Defoe's biggest fan however he gave us infinitely more than Adebayor today. Defoe also probably looked better tonight because Ade has been so awful. Either way, we need a new CF for next season

We need a goal over there I think and hopefully Ade will be back for that with Bale suspended.

Today though was exceptional although should have scored five or six actually and had it to bed after an hour.

all 9s although Livermore wasnt that great actually but thats nitpicking.

Friedel 7

Walker 8
Vertonghen 8
Gallas 7
Ekotto 7

Lennon 7
Parker 7
Dembele 8
Sig 8

Bale 8
Defoe 7

How great is it to have a striker in form again? Silly dive from Bale but overall a great performance from the team.

Whether that was a striker in form is highly subjective.

Friedel 6 - not much to do, got a vital foot to their only real chance

Walker 7 - decent

Gallas 7 - solid

Verthonghen 8 - a rock at the back plus a goal, hence 8

BAE 7 - looked indifferent at times but sprung to life late on

Lennon 8 - excellent industry throughout, plus end-product with his indirect assist for Siggy's goal

Parker 8 - pirouetted to much better effect tonight

Dembele 9 - class, pure class. Superb switch-back pass into Lennon's path in the build up to Siggy's goal

Siggy 8 - an assist, a goal and decent performance all-round

Bale 8 - great headed goal and constantly had their defence in total panic. Ludicrously booked for alleged dive - he was clearly caught by a trailing foot

Defoe 6 - not his night

Subs

Livermore 6 - competent enough

Holtby 5 - seems to have lost his early spark

Naughton n/a

Back