• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Swansea

Ade was completely right to rage at Dembele, critical point in the game, if Swansea had scored right after it would have made the end of game very nervy.

Eriksen/Ade deserving of lots of praise, with Ade edging MoM for me.

Decent game for most of the team, with the same formation and all fit, might only look at Sandro for Bentaleb (Sandro just offers more defensively), and the Chadli/Siggy role, I'd prefer to see Lamela if possible.

Well done to TS for not playing us light in the midfield against a possession team.

My only comment is we seem not to press as much, we intercept well, but often just back off a little too much for my liking. Wish we kept the clean sheet, still giving the opposition a little too many "small opportunities"

6.5 - Chadli, Naughton & Sigurdsson
7 - Rose, Lennon, Dembele & Dawson
8 - Lloris, Walker, Chirches & Bentaleb
8.5 - Eriksen
9 - Adebayor (MoTM)

7.5 - Sherwood
7 - Fans

Spot on reaction from Ade! Uncharacteristically selfish from Dembele. Had we not scored the third right after it could have gotten very nervy if Swansea had still scored. It was only 2-0 up and plenty of the game left, I think many here would have shared Ade's reaction towards Dembele had we not ended up winning that game.

Im sorry but I disagree with EVERYONE who seems to think Dembele should have passed. The majority in that position would have taken it on and gone for goal. Ade would have done exactly the same.

I think Dembele should have scored though.

Im sorry but I disagree with EVERYONE who seems to think Dembele should have passed. The majority in that position would have taken it on and gone for goal. Ade would have done exactly the same.

I think Dembele should have scored though.

On the other hand, if he had scored ...

The words benefit and hindsight come to mind. :lol:

On the other hand, if he had scored ...

The words benefit and hindsight come to mind. :lol:

Well thats the thing - if he scored no one would be arguing the point. Had Dembele passed and Ade ****ed up then we would all be saying why didnt he take it on himself. I thought Ade had gone offside but maybe not

I think Dembele thought Adebayor had strayed ahead of him.

My first thought was that he was offside as well, haven't seen it back since though.

The most remarkable thing about that piece of play though was how Dembele destroyed Leon Britton for pace, it was like Usain Bolt running past a school child.

I would have done the same if I were Ade.

Same here, wrong option on that occasion, would have benn a tap-in for ade

Re:ratings

8- Adebayor,Chiriches
7 - Everyone else

Ade MOTM, Almost unplayable today, I love this version of Adebayor

Fans -7 A bit quiet early doors but excellent throughout 2nd half. Chants of the day.. "Sing up for trigger, he's one of our own" followed by "He's only got one broom"

Special mention for the Swansea fans, great noise at 2-0 down, not sure we would have that reaction from us at WHL (amazing what having a drum in the crowd does though)

Well thats the thing - if he scored no one would be arguing the point. Had Dembele passed and Ade ****ed up then we would all be saying why didnt he take it on himself. I thought Ade had gone offside but maybe not

I wouldn't.

I think passing is the right move there regardless of outcome. The offside thing could change that of course, I thought at the time Ade managed to stay on side, if he failed to do that it's obviously really bad.

we were torrid at the start, but it was down to eriksen to turn on the action.

8 - Eriksen (MOTM), Adebayor, Loris
6- Rose
7 - the rest
7.5 - Chiriches: very entertaining player and I do think he could fill in for DM if needed.

Lennon and Chadli the only players with question marks over them - for the next game.

Bentalab does something no one else in CM does - pass the ball accurately forward. For a young kid he's done well. Looked a little lost first half. Did TS get his positioning sorted at HT? It looked that way. A solid 7.

Eriksen. He's the only player who has composure to make the key pass in the final third. Has played in a World Cup, was a key player for Hollands biggest team playing in the CL etc. amazing experience for a 21 year old. He just has to find ways to stay in the game when teams mark him out the game. If you'd stopped Eriksen today, we'd have struggeled. 8.5

Dembele. Unsung hero today. Did everything well, bar the finish/ pass to Ade. I like that he went for goal. He should be netting 10 a season. A solid 7.

Ade. TS plays down his influence but since taking the reigns Ade has flourished. Fresh, linking up well with Eriksen. 9

Rose and Walker get too much stick. In all I'm excited by them. Just 23. Both fast. Both with ability. They need an arm around the shoulder and a good manager to help them develop into the finished article. Today they did okay for me. 6

Sherwood. He seems exceptional at making changes at HT. He reads the game well, sees what needs to be done. On the flip side, he needs to get us playing in the first half! Against better teams we could be a goal or two down by then. He's done well and I'm sure he thinks there is more to come. More for the team to work on. I would like to see another behind the scenes coach arrive to assist. A semi retired experienced head. Not that Tim is lacking. He just needs support. All in all mighty impressed 8. Just get the team playing from the off - anticipate rather than react.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 7
Vlad - 8
Rose - 6

Dembele - 7
Bentaleb - 7

Lennon - 6
Eriksen - 8
Chadli - 6

Adebayor - 8

Back